Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 27, 2024, 8:30 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Christian Liars and Frauds
Christian Liars and Frauds
How do members of the xtian right deal with the fact that ever single one of their major leaders is a liar, fraud, conman, crook, shyster, and complete asshole?

From the faith healers to the creationists to the xtian nationalists, to the prosperity fuckers, etc.

Is there an honest one among them?

Not that I can think of. Am I missing someone?

Isn't this a strong indicator that the religion itself is a fraud?

I'll be fair -- all religions are frauds, it's just that i live in the USA and I'm subjected to xtian bullshit more than any other religion.
A mind is a terrible thing to waste -- don't pollute it with bullshit.
RE: Christian Liars and Frauds
Quote:How do members of the xtian right deal with the fact that ever single one of their major leaders is a liar, fraud, conman, crook, shyster, and complete asshole?

They praise fucking jesus.
Do you think it possible that there are Christians out there that are legitimately trying to be good people?

Or, have you considered that most of the news stories you hear focus on the, as you say, "liar, fraud, conman, crook, shyster, and complete asshole" stories and that the good leaders just don't make for good news?

I understand the vent session. Let it out. There are people that get into leadership roles in religion for the wrong reasons, definitely, just like any leadership role is subject to. But if you are going to be fair, then you really need to be fair. There is good out there.
". . . let the atheists themselves choose a god. They will find only one divinity who ever uttered their isolation; only one religion in which God seemed for an instant to be an atheist." -G. K. Chesterton
(November 30, 2013 at 3:55 am)GodsRevolt Wrote: Do you think it possible that there are Christians out there that are legitimately trying to be good people?

Or, have you considered that most of the news stories you hear focus on the, as you say, "liar, fraud, conman, crook, shyster, and complete asshole" stories and that the good leaders just don't make for good news?

I understand the vent session. Let it out. There are people that get into leadership roles in religion for the wrong reasons, definitely, just like any leadership role is subject to. But if you are going to be fair, then you really need to be fair. There is good out there.

I forget where the quote is from. But some historical figure said something along the lines that mean most of the harm done in this world is because of ignorance.

Purely by being a preacher or pastor or whatever it is, that's a job where you lie to people and take their money. That's an unintentional conman but a conman nonetheless. By teaching your children that your religion is true, you're lying to them. Religion is a fraud, and most religious people realize it. If I sold cookies and people asked me what was in them, and I told them I don't know but have faith that it's good for you. Come on. In any other context you wouldn't get away with it.
(November 30, 2013 at 3:55 am)GodsRevolt Wrote: Do you think it possible that there are Christians out there that are legitimately trying to be good people?

I will try to explain where I'm coming from here:

Let's say that I want to convert and become a xtian. Or in the Calvinist scenario -- god chooses me to be a xtian ::ROLLS EYES::

So -- WOOBY-WOO YIPPIE-I-O!!!!! I'm a xtian.

So who should my role model be? Who, that is someone I would know from popular media, should be my 'good person' role model? You can go on about how it's only the frauds who get the press coverage -- then why is it that ALL of the available role models are like -- or at least almost like -- Drich?

So -- who are these "good leaders" that are not making the news? Name one.
(November 29, 2013 at 7:40 pm)Godlesspanther Wrote: How do members of the xtian right deal with the fact that ever single one of their major leaders is a liar, fraud, conman, crook, shyster, and complete asshole?

From the faith healers to the creationists to the xtian nationalists, to the prosperity fuckers, etc.

I'll be fair -- all religions are frauds, it's just that i live in the USA and I'm subjected to xtian bullshit more than any other religion.

Who are these leaders In Which you speak?
(November 30, 2013 at 4:58 pm)Drich Wrote: Who are these leaders In Which you speak?
We've been waiting for the answer... Popcorn
(November 30, 2013 at 3:55 am)GodsRevolt Wrote: There is good out there.
(November 30, 2013 at 4:58 pm)Drich Wrote:
(November 29, 2013 at 7:40 pm)Godlesspanther Wrote: How do members of the xtian right deal with the fact that ever single one of their major leaders is a liar, fraud, conman, crook, shyster, and complete asshole?

Who are these leaders In Which you speak?

Ken Ham, Pat Robertson, Benny Hinn, Ray Comfort, Jimmy Swaggart, Ted Haggard, Billy Graham, Sye Bruggenfuck, Bill Donohue, Rick Perry, Michelle Bachman, on and on. I see a lot of scumbags -- but who, on the religious right, represents good honest, decent citizenry? I can't think of anyone. Who am I missing?
(November 30, 2013 at 5:08 pm)Godlesspanther Wrote: Who am I missing?
Paul & Paula White, Joel Osteen, Bill Johnson, Heidi Baker, Rick Warren... The list is nearly endless.

What makes religions fraud is the word "Truth".
THERE is NOTHING established to be true about religious belief of supernatural things. Yet - it is when even the most pious of the priests says that word in talking about his beliefs - it is the lie.

Are there honest priests - who actually believe in their religion and work to try to obey the principles of their religious morality?
Yup
They are just as deluded and indoctrinated as the Cooks hope their followers will get. And YOU already know just how many of those there are.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  How can a Christian reject part of the Bible and still call themselves a Christian? KUSA 371 89349 May 3, 2020 at 1:04 am
Last Post: Paleophyte
  Yet more christian logic: christian sues for not being given a job she refuses to do. Esquilax 21 7437 July 20, 2014 at 2:48 pm
Last Post: ThomM
  Relationships - Christian and non-Christian way Ciel_Rouge 6 6343 August 21, 2012 at 12:57 pm
Last Post: frankiej