Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 27, 2024, 3:36 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I find it hilarious when men argue intelligent design.
I find it hilarious when men argue intelligent design.
I seriously want to laugh because all I can think is DUDE your nuts are within easy punching distance outside your body and you have nipples. I know I sound like a middle schooler, but creationists and theistic evolution types can't argue around this it seems. Try me.
BTW when it comes to women arguing god, I just shake my head and want to walk away because of the biblical view of women's rights. I dont see much enlightenment in the Quran or Torah either.
To-morrow, and to-morrow, and to-morrow,
Creeps in this petty pace from day to day,
To the last syllable of recorded time;
And all our yesterdays have lighted fools
The way to dusty death. Out, out, brief candle!
Life's but a walking shadow, a poor player,
That struts and frets his hour upon the stage,
And then is heard no more. It is a tale
Told by an idiot, full of sound and fury,
Signifying nothing.
RE: I find it hilarious when men argue intelligent design.
I've always enjoyed it when design proponents attempt to portray ID as science by comparing it to evolution, because I'm always reminded that this is the only thing intelligent design really has; outside of responding to claims or predictions made by evolution, there is literally nothing coming out of these "scientists" that has any merit.

Seriously, the entire thing is "evolution says X, X can't be true because Y, therefore, evolution can't be true, and therefore, intelligent design must be right." Sometimes they skip a step and just go whole hog ignorant, and just demand that their inability to propose another explanation for a given biological feature means that magic made it. It'd be funny if it weren't so sad.
"YOU take the hard look in the mirror. You are everything that is wrong with this world. The only thing important to you, is you." - ronedee

Want to see more of my writing? Check out my (safe for work!) site, Unprotected Sects!
My favorite thing about the ID movement is their insistence that it's not a religious thing- the designer could be an alien!

Say what you will about Statler Waldorf, the guy is honest about his presuppositions. The ID camp lies like rugs about theirs.
[Image: 562de.jpg]via Imgflip Meme Maker

Can't miss an opportunity like that...
"Peace is a lie, there is only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength, I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken."
Sith code
My favourite is when cdesign proponentsists try to argue that ID/cretinism is just as scientific as evolution, so it's unfair and biased to keep it out of science classes. Then without pausing for breath, they moan that evolution is a religion just like ID/cretinism, so it's unconstitutional to teach it in science classes. They want to carry tea and no tea at the same time (bonus points if you get the reference - hint: DNA).
At the age of five, Skagra decided emphatically that God did not exist.  This revelation tends to make most people in the universe who have it react in one of two ways - with relief or with despair.  Only Skagra responded to it by thinking, 'Wait a second.  That means there's a situation vacant.'
(December 2, 2013 at 10:29 am)Stimbo Wrote: They want to carry tea and no tea at the same time (bonus points if you get the reference - hint: DNA).
Are you referring to thymine?
Nuh-uh. Sorry, it's not the answer I have on the card.
At the age of five, Skagra decided emphatically that God did not exist.  This revelation tends to make most people in the universe who have it react in one of two ways - with relief or with despair.  Only Skagra responded to it by thinking, 'Wait a second.  That means there's a situation vacant.'
The only reason I used the term intelligent design is because I wanted to include the god guided evolution types.
To-morrow, and to-morrow, and to-morrow,
Creeps in this petty pace from day to day,
To the last syllable of recorded time;
And all our yesterdays have lighted fools
The way to dusty death. Out, out, brief candle!
Life's but a walking shadow, a poor player,
That struts and frets his hour upon the stage,
And then is heard no more. It is a tale
Told by an idiot, full of sound and fury,
Signifying nothing.
We'll allow Intelligent Design in a science tutorial when they let us stick a chapter titled "the unscientific garbage of ID" in the bible and qur'an. Science lessons should be for science, young earth creationism and intelligent design contains pseudo-science, it can fuck off with homoeopathy, psychic crystals and star signs to the L Ron Hubbard lecture theatre.
(June 19, 2013 at 3:23 am)Muslim Scholar Wrote: Most Gays have a typical behavior of rejecting religions, because religions consider them as sinners (In Islam they deserve to be killed)
(June 19, 2013 at 3:23 am)Muslim Scholar Wrote: I think you are too idiot to know the meaning of idiot for example you have a law to prevent boys under 16 from driving do you think that all boys under 16 are careless and cannot drive properly
Quote:H. Conclusion
The proper application of both the endorsement and Lemon
tests to the facts of this case makes it abundantly clear that the Board’s ID Policy violates the Establishment Clause. In making this determination, we have addressed the seminal question of whether ID is science. We have concluded that it is not, and moreover that ID cannot uncouple itself from its creationist, and thus religious, antecedents.

Federal Judge, John E. Jones III
Kitzmiller v Dover Area School District

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Did they really find Noah's Ark? Jasper 19 1575 May 25, 2023 at 6:44 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Intelligent Falling Dundee 9 1540 October 5, 2020 at 1:41 am
Last Post: Anomalocaris
  A Working Draft Design Argument Acrobat 54 5115 October 19, 2019 at 10:28 am
Last Post: GUBU
  Can I get an Ah-Men? Foxaèr 10 1810 August 12, 2018 at 1:54 pm
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  Intelligent Design (brief overview). Mystic 70 12890 May 9, 2018 at 2:17 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Intelligent (?) Design Minimalist 12 4286 August 21, 2017 at 1:23 am
Last Post: Minimalist
  If God of Abraham is true, then why didnt he use his intelligent design to make a new Roeki 129 44906 July 9, 2017 at 2:11 am
Last Post: Astonished
Wink The Attraction System In MEN & WOMEN Proves God Exists!!! Edward John 69 13361 December 12, 2016 at 8:34 pm
Last Post: GUBU
  Religious people find it harder to understand the world – study Fake Messiah 28 4504 November 30, 2016 at 1:36 pm
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  Finely-tuned universe wanted: Intelligent Designers need not apply. Time Traveler 38 8527 April 11, 2016 at 9:01 pm
Last Post: Simon Moon