Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 27, 2024, 11:37 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Salvation army "gays not allowed"
Salvation army "gays not allowed"
This really pisses me off...

http://www.snopes.com/photos/politics/salvationarmy.asp
"Peace is a lie, there is only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength, I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken."
Sith code
RE: Salvation army "gays not allowed"
So... you're pissed off at the photoshopping? or the fact that the salvation army denies access to gays?
(December 12, 2013 at 7:16 am)pocaracas Wrote: So... you're pissed off at the photoshopping? or the fact that the salvation army denies access to gays?

They don't deny access to gays. At least that's what they say on their website. They hire and serve gays.
Both actually. I don't agree with the ST stance on homosexuality. But they put in a lot of very good work, probably more than most of us do, and I've seen at first hand them helping people from all sorts of backgrounds. Altering a photo and passing it off on Facebook as genuine is a douche thing to do.
Sith code
Ok I looked it up, Salvation Army refers gays to "conversion therapy". That's a pretty horrible thing to do.
It is a douche thing to do, indeed...
I wonder what sparked it?...
There was an interview with someone senior in the SA who said some stupid things. I can respect that people don't like that but it would have been a much more solid critique if they had stuck to the facts. The poster makes it look as if they are doing a WBC and they are just plain not. These are people who go out on Xmas day to spend time with lonely old folk, who run food banks, who generally do their best. Their theological approach is to help people and hope they ask, not to stand around with placards.
Sith code
(December 12, 2013 at 7:35 am)Jacob(smooth) Wrote: There was an interview with someone senior in the SA who said some stupid things.
Wars have been fought for less...

(December 12, 2013 at 7:35 am)Jacob(smooth) Wrote: I can respect that people don't like that but it would have been a much more solid critique if they had stuck to the facts. The poster makes it look as if they are doing a WBC and they are just plain not. These are people who go out on Xmas day to spend time with lonely old folk, who run food banks, who generally do their best. Their theological approach is to help people and hope they ask, not to stand around with placards.

Respect, man! respect!
Yeah, altering a photo is a douchey thing to do, it doesn't help to change their views on homossexuality at all.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Atheists not allowed to join FreeMasonry superAtheistnut 19 3762 April 19, 2015 at 2:25 pm
Last Post: robvalue
Rainbow Congrats to NewYork Gays! reverendjeremiah 27 7685 July 10, 2011 at 10:40 am
Last Post: thebigfudge