Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 27, 2024, 3:32 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Nonsense Theist Free Will Video
Nonsense Theist Free Will Video
Figured I'd post this for the lulz. I think Genkaus, Benny and Apo (whatever your new username was) would find this lulzy in particular:

What do you think of his argumentation?
RE: Nonsense Theist Free Will Video
My current reality is this guy is a moron!

So, does that affects other's reality?
Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere. - Carl Sagan
Professional Watcher of The Daily Show and The Colbert Report!
(December 17, 2013 at 11:46 pm)MindForgedManacle Wrote: Figured I'd post this for the lulz. I think Genkaus, Benny and Apo (whatever your new username was) would find this lulzy in particular:

What do you think of his argumentation?

Non-sequitur + mixed philosophical modes + ad populum arguments + loaded vocabulary ("____ ADMITS ____") = bad argumentation. It really is a catalogue of all the most common debating errors or tricks.
Indeed. There's some metaphysical hand-waiving in there too.
"The reason things will never get better is because people keep electing these rich cocksuckers who don't give a shit about you."
-George Carlin
I thought they were showing me how theists write their wills for free... what a disappointment. I'd love a free will. Particularly that of a millionaire.
Please give me a home where cloud buffalo roam
Where the dear and the strangers can play
Where sometimes is heard a discouraging word
But the skies are not stormy all day
How many times can some one say quantum mechanics in seven minutes?

You can fix ignorance, you can't fix stupid.

Tinkety Tonk and down with the Nazis.

Every word is true. What is also true is that a determined determinist can always take a step back and ask "what if" regarding some conceivable alternative explanation for agent action. Going on attempting to assuage those further objections is something I leave to those who have more shit to give. Out.
Game over guys!
The Universe only began existing "when there was" a mind to decide to measure it.
With no Universe, there are no humans, with no humans there is no observation, so there's no Universe... Oh boy...

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Discussion w/ a Theist RE: Premarital Sex StealthySkeptic 110 19497 August 14, 2014 at 12:09 pm
Last Post: Mister Agenda
  Suffering- More Discussions With a Theist StealthySkeptic 3 1189 July 21, 2014 at 11:22 am
Last Post: StealthySkeptic
  The theist evolution argument Jason_ab 33 7615 May 5, 2014 at 1:37 pm
Last Post: max-greece
  Theist provides scientific evidence of an afterlife CleanShavenJesus 9 2260 July 19, 2013 at 11:49 am
Last Post: CleanShavenJesus
  Question about meaning and perception of reality from a theist. amkerman 187 74446 January 11, 2012 at 12:42 pm
Last Post: reverendjeremiah