Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 26, 2024, 1:28 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Focus on the Family movie
Focus on the Family movie
Saw this trailer last night in the theater. Just by the trailer I can tell it's going to be one massive appeal to tradition/majority fallacy.

And who of any significance is saying the "traditional family" is "wrong" anyway? Unless by "traditional family" they mean the wife should be an uneducated breeder and cook.

My ignore list

"The lord doesn't work in mysterious ways, but in ways that are indistinguishable from his nonexistence."
-- George Yorgo Veenhuyzen quoted by John W. Loftus in The End of Christianity (p. 103).
RE: Focus on the Family movie
This won't be on the Netflix queue -- ever. I like my Christian cinema served neat: "Jesus Camp" and "The Passion of the Christ" make a nice double bill whenever I want to be graphically reminded of how barbaric they are.
Where are you at that they showed a trailer like this at the show?

I think around here the cinema owners would be laughed out of business for showing that. Tongue
(December 22, 2013 at 12:44 pm)LostLocke Wrote: Where are you at that they showed a trailer like this at the show?

I think around here the cinema owners would be laughed out of business for showing that. Tongue

I'm in Boston and I was at a fairly popular theater.
My ignore list

"The lord doesn't work in mysterious ways, but in ways that are indistinguishable from his nonexistence."
-- George Yorgo Veenhuyzen quoted by John W. Loftus in The End of Christianity (p. 103).
As an uneducated breeder and cook, I take no offense to your statement, except for assuming I'm a wife. When will us poor househusbands get equal airtime in the fight for equality? History says 'never'. Sigh.

Excuse me, I would elaborate further on this most pressing societal problem, but I must check on my roast. My wife gets grumpy when her dinner isn't ready precisely when she gets home.
(December 22, 2013 at 12:44 pm)LostLocke Wrote: Where are you at that they showed a trailer like this at the show?

Fun fact: I saw a trailer for this a week ago. It was at a theatre in the Old Orchard mall just before a showing of 12 Years a Slave.
Comparing the Universal Oneness of All Life to Yo Mama since 2010.

[Image: harmlesskitchen.png]

I was born with the gift of laughter and a sense the world is mad.
(December 22, 2013 at 8:49 pm)Rev. Rye Wrote: Fun fact: I saw a trailer for this a week ago. It was at a theatre in the Old Orchard mall just before a showing of 12 Years a Slave.
Old Orchard.... as in the one in Skokie?

Also, the timing of the trailer with the movie... priceless! Big Grin
I actually kinda agree with them on divorce & such (children should have two or more parents), but their position on LGBT rights is disgusting. Especially their position on LGBT adoption. Not to mention their bronze-age views on women.
(December 23, 2013 at 12:09 pm)LostLocke Wrote:
(December 22, 2013 at 8:49 pm)Rev. Rye Wrote: Fun fact: I saw a trailer for this a week ago. It was at a theatre in the Old Orchard mall just before a showing of 12 Years a Slave.
Old Orchard.... as in the one in Skokie?

Also, the timing of the trailer with the movie... priceless! Big Grin

Yes. It's a few miles from my home, and a cousin of mine works at Nordstrom's.
Comparing the Universal Oneness of All Life to Yo Mama since 2010.

[Image: harmlesskitchen.png]

I was born with the gift of laughter and a sense the world is mad.
Oh great, another right-wing Christian propaganda movie my in-laws will probably buy so we can all watch it together. Last one was "Last Ounce of Courage" which would have been a laughable parody of conservative Christian persecution beliefs had they not been totally serious about that movie. Aside from the bad acting, I highly recommend it for anyone who wants to laugh at modern Christians and their persecution complex.
Christian apologetics is the art of rolling a dog turd in sugar and selling it as a donut.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Rcent Christian Movie Ratings TheJefe817 9 821 April 23, 2023 at 11:24 am
Last Post: Ferrocyanide
  Natural family planning LinuxGal 75 7425 January 1, 2023 at 10:30 am
Last Post: LinuxGal
  The false miracle of Fatima now a movie Foxaèr 17 1650 September 6, 2020 at 2:03 pm
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  Christian family fined after arguing taxes 'against God's will' zebo-the-fat 19 2110 July 23, 2019 at 1:26 pm
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  Why does my family want me to be christian so much? Der/die AtheistIn 17 2783 March 29, 2018 at 7:12 pm
Last Post: Succubus
  Disappointing my family Der/die AtheistIn 9 1767 December 23, 2017 at 9:59 am
Last Post: Aoi Magi
  Another retarded religious movie. Foxaèr 7 1109 June 16, 2016 at 2:32 am
Last Post: Alex K
  This Movie Needs A Guy and Two Robots Making Fun Of It Minimalist 7 1496 June 7, 2016 at 10:46 pm
Last Post: Rev. Rye
  Mother Marches Through Target With Her Family To Protest Transgender Bathroom Policy" TubbyTubby 6 1684 May 17, 2016 at 12:21 pm
Last Post: abaris
  How would you suggest going about dealing with an ignorant extended family member GoHalos1993 21 3743 January 1, 2016 at 7:02 pm
Last Post: SteelCurtain