Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 7:35 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Religion and QUILTBAG
Religion and QUILTBAG
If there are any religious QUILTBAGs here may I ask how can you remain a part of a religion that hates you? Secondly how do you balance religion and your sexuality?
RE: Religion and QUILTBAG
What is a quilt bag?
QUILTBAG is an acronym. It stands for Queer/Questioning, Undecided, Intersex, Lesbian, Transgender/Transsexual, Bisexual, Allied/Asexual, Gay/Genderqueer. It is meant to be a more inclusive term than GLBT/LGBT and to be more pronounceable (and memorable) than some of the other variations or extensions on the GLBT/LGBT abbreviation.
Easy. The bits of religion which don't like your lifestyle have missed the point. Which is the same way homophobic assholes belong to a religion which hates them for being homophobic assholes.
"Peace is a lie, there is only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength, I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken."
Sith code
(February 2, 2014 at 4:19 am)BrokenQuill92 Wrote: QUILTBAG is an acronym. It stands for Queer/Questioning, Undecided, Intersex, Lesbian, Transgender/Transsexual, Bisexual, Allied/Asexual, Gay/Genderqueer. It is meant to be a more inclusive term than GLBT/LGBT and to be more pronounceable (and memorable) than some of the other variations or extensions on the GLBT/LGBT abbreviation.

I actually find this quite humorous as the gay man at work sits there knitting quilts all day. Can't say I blame him, I read all day.
To-morrow, and to-morrow, and to-morrow,
Creeps in this petty pace from day to day,
To the last syllable of recorded time;
And all our yesterdays have lighted fools
The way to dusty death. Out, out, brief candle!
Life's but a walking shadow, a poor player,
That struts and frets his hour upon the stage,
And then is heard no more. It is a tale
Told by an idiot, full of sound and fury,
Signifying nothing.
(February 2, 2014 at 4:39 am)Lemonvariable72 Wrote:
(February 2, 2014 at 4:19 am)BrokenQuill92 Wrote: QUILTBAG is an acronym. It stands for Queer/Questioning, Undecided, Intersex, Lesbian, Transgender/Transsexual, Bisexual, Allied/Asexual, Gay/Genderqueer. It is meant to be a more inclusive term than GLBT/LGBT and to be more pronounceable (and memorable) than some of the other variations or extensions on the GLBT/LGBT abbreviation.

I actually find this quite humorous as the gay man at work sits there knitting quilts all day. Can't say I blame him, I read all day.

They pay two people to do nothing!!!
What is your job and how can i get into it?

You can fix ignorance, you can't fix stupid.

Tinkety Tonk and down with the Nazis.

Huh, I have never heard that acronym before, but I like it! Big Grin

In defense of them quiltbags (hee hee!) that are religious, the Abrahamic religions kind of hate everyone except Jesus, when you think about it. That's why it consigns us all to the "bad" pile of people just from birth.

The only real difference is that the religious are less likely to take the message to heart for themselves, and more likely to foist that exact message on the Other, whomever that Other happens to be.

It's why you never see those idiots with the "you're going to hell!" signs outside of churches. At least, not facing in toward the church. Rolleyes
"YOU take the hard look in the mirror. You are everything that is wrong with this world. The only thing important to you, is you." - ronedee

Want to see more of my writing? Check out my (safe for work!) site, Unprotected Sects!
Quote: Huh, I have never heard that acronym before, but I like it! Big Grin

You like the fact that they included 'undecided'? Seems like an own goal to me. Also, quiltbaggers, you know it's coming.
Nemo me impune lacessit.
Back to my original question people!
(February 2, 2014 at 6:37 am)downbeatplumb Wrote:
(February 2, 2014 at 4:39 am)Lemonvariable72 Wrote: I actually find this quite humorous as the gay man at work sits there knitting quilts all day. Can't say I blame him, I read all day.

They pay two people to do nothing!!!
What is your job and how can i get into it?

I call people that had sirius radio's in there car to see if they wonna get it again. It is very mundane and tedious.
To-morrow, and to-morrow, and to-morrow,
Creeps in this petty pace from day to day,
To the last syllable of recorded time;
And all our yesterdays have lighted fools
The way to dusty death. Out, out, brief candle!
Life's but a walking shadow, a poor player,
That struts and frets his hour upon the stage,
And then is heard no more. It is a tale
Told by an idiot, full of sound and fury,
Signifying nothing.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Religion hurts homosexuality but homosexuality kills religion? RozKek 43 10744 March 30, 2016 at 2:46 am
Last Post: robvalue
  Terrorism has no religion but religion brings terrorism. Islam is NOT peaceful. bussta33 13 4910 January 16, 2016 at 8:25 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Religion's affect outside of religion Heat 67 19830 September 28, 2015 at 9:45 pm
Last Post: TheRocketSurgeon
Rainbow Gay rights within the template of religion proves flaws in "religion" CristW 288 49344 November 21, 2014 at 4:09 pm
Last Post: DramaQueen
  Religion Vs Religion. Bull Poopie 14 5190 September 8, 2010 at 9:02 pm
Last Post: Oldandeasilyconfused