Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 27, 2024, 10:51 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hello there
Hello there
I'm Ferdinand. I've been on TTA for a few years. I hear about this place a lot, actually, so I decided to register and see what it's like.

Where I live, everyone and everything is extremely Christian. Most churches here are very "fire and brimstone" Baptist. My parents are Christian, but were too preoccupied with their affairs to see to me attending church regularly as I was growing up. Religion wasn't a necessity to me like it was to my peers in school. I didn't understand the point, so I didn't adapt to it. But as I grew older, I started meeting more and more people with minds like mine: they either couldn't care less, or they managed to escape the grasps of such a suffocating environment, and inhabit the ability to think for themselves.

Everyone else seemed like a robot. Smile

Besides all of that, I like music, gaming, photography and computers; and in a couple of months I'll be forced to take the step to start my life. So long, childhood. Hello technical college and waitressing to save up for my funeral a car.

Throw Computer
RE: Hello there
Welcome!
(February 3, 2014 at 11:37 pm)Ferdinand Wrote: I'm Ferdinand. I've been on TTA for a few years. I hear about this place a lot, actually, so I decided to register and see what it's like.

Where I live, everyone and everything is extremely Christian. Most churches here are very "fire and brimstone" Baptist. My parents are Christian, but were too preoccupied with their affairs to see to me attending church regularly as I was growing up. Religion wasn't a necessity to me like it was to my peers in school. I didn't understand the point, so I didn't adapt to it. But as I grew older, I started meeting more and more people with minds like mine: they either couldn't care less, or they managed to escape the grasps of such a suffocating environment, and inhabit the ability to think for themselves.

Everyone else seemed like a robot. Smile

Besides all of that, I like music, gaming, photography and computers; and in a couple of months I'll be forced to take the step to start my life. So long, childhood. Hello technical college and waitressing to save up for my funeral a car.

Throw Computer

Welcome to the madhouse.

Cool Shades
Dying to live, living to die.
Welcome
Apatheist? Like I should care?
Yo. Welcome.
Pointing around: "Fuck you, fuck you, fuck you, you're cool, fuck you, I'm out!"
Half Baked

"Let the atheists come to me, and stop keeping them away, because the kingdom of heathens belongs to people like these." -Saint Bacon
Seriously though, welcome.
Welcome
"The Universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements: energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest." G'Kar-B5
Hello new person! Big Grin
John Adams Wrote:The Government of the United States of America is not, in any sense, founded on the Christian religion.
(February 3, 2014 at 11:37 pm)Ferdinand Wrote: So long, childhood. Hello technical college and waitressing to save up for my funeral a car.

Throw Computer

Good evening, Ferdinand. Nice to meet you. Ferdinand is a dude's name in most applications, but then you mentioned "waitressing". You a guy, gal, or nunnamybiz?
"For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring." - Carl Sagan

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Hello there! ShinyCrystals 15 1208 September 1, 2023 at 4:42 pm
Last Post: galaxycliffnix
  Hello there! R-Farmer 32 2432 June 10, 2023 at 8:41 am
Last Post: R-Farmer
Big Grin Hello there! vytautas 14 1021 August 22, 2020 at 4:42 am
Last Post: Belacqua
  [Serious] Hello there! Fellow atheist here! ThinkingIsThinking 48 5316 December 18, 2019 at 2:19 pm
Last Post: brewer
  Hello there EarnieBanks 5 846 May 18, 2019 at 3:08 am
Last Post: Peebothuhlu
  Hello there! Aliza 51 12159 July 21, 2017 at 2:20 pm
Last Post: *Deidre*
  Hello there! YouOnlyLiveTwice 12 2275 July 4, 2017 at 4:00 pm
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  Hello there Mr.Obvious 32 6647 May 30, 2017 at 3:00 pm
Last Post: Ben Davis
  Hello there, I am new here. SuperSentient 18 3767 March 4, 2017 at 1:17 am
Last Post: Seraphina
  Hello There! Just One More Irreligious Brat who Fell Out of Their Religion MrNoTheism 11 1640 October 31, 2016 at 1:52 pm
Last Post: Doubting Thomas