Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 10:41 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Even the UN hates the Vatican!
Even the UN hates the Vatican!
Vatican 'must immediately remove' child abusers - UN

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-26044852

The UN has said that the Vatican should "immediately remove" all clergy who are known or suspected child abusers.

The UN watchdog for children's rights denounced the Holy See for adopting policies which allowed priests to sexually abuse thousands of children.

In a report, it also criticised Vatican attitudes towards homosexuality, contraception and abortion.

(I could have told them what needed doing years ago, what made them wait??)

The meek shall inherit the Earth, the rest of us will fly to the stars.

Never underestimate the power of very stupid people in large groups

Arguing with an engineer is like wrestling with a pig in mud ..... after a while you realise that the pig likes it!

RE: Even the UN hates the Vatican!
I hope they do take this seriously and get rid of those pedophiles. Maybe do something about this whole idea that men are just supposed to ignore their hormones. Let them masterbate, marry, and just castrate them. That's the real root of the problem here. You can't just ignore your hormones.
Poe's Law: "Without a winking smiley or other blatant display of humor, it is impossible to create a parody of Fundamentalism that SOMEONE won't mistake for the real thing."

10 Christ-like figures that predate Jesus. Link shortened to Chris ate Jesus for some reason...
http://listverse.com/2009/04/13/10-chris...ate-jesus/

Good video to watch, if you want to know how common the Jesus story really is.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=88GTUXvp-50

A list of biblical contradictions from the infallible word of Yahweh.
http://infidels.org/library/modern/jim_m...tions.html

They could choose to wack off instead of raping the alter boys.
I think they should castrate the pedophiles and then kick them out. Or better yet, let the parents of the child castrate them.
I think anyone who would take a vow like that should be castrated just out of practicality. Sure there could be stories about men leaving the faith and regretting having the operation done, but that's certainly better than the alternative.
Poe's Law: "Without a winking smiley or other blatant display of humor, it is impossible to create a parody of Fundamentalism that SOMEONE won't mistake for the real thing."

10 Christ-like figures that predate Jesus. Link shortened to Chris ate Jesus for some reason...

Yeah, just been reading about this. The Vatican issued a statement about it:

Quote:According to the proper procedures forseen for the parties to the Convention, the Holy See takes note of the Concluding Observations on its Reports, which will be submitted to a thorough study and examination, in full respect of the Convention in the different areas presented by the Committee according to international law and practice, as well as taking into consideration the public interactive debate with the Committee, held on 16 January 2014.
The Holy See does, however, regret to see in some points of the Concluding Observations an attempt to interfere with Catholic Church teaching on the dignity of human person and in the exercise of religious freedom. The Holy See reiterates its commitment to defending and protecting the rights of the child, in line with the principles promoted by the Convention on the Rights of the Child and according to the moral and religious values offered by Catholic doctrine.

Or in other words, they promise to glance at the report while simultaneously hurling out the conspiracy red herrings.
At the age of five, Skagra decided emphatically that God did not exist.  This revelation tends to make most people in the universe who have it react in one of two ways - with relief or with despair.  Only Skagra responded to it by thinking, 'Wait a second.  That means there's a situation vacant.'
(February 5, 2014 at 5:15 pm)zebo-the-fat Wrote: The UN has said that the Vatican should "immediately remove" all clergy who are known or suspected child abusers.
Suspected? That's ridiculous - every person has the right to the presumption of innocence in most countries, and while I certainly agree that the Vatican should stop providing a safe-harbour for clergy who are child sex abusers, it doesn't mean they should remove people who are "suspected", after all said people could turn around and sue you for wrongful dismissal.

What's of far greater importance is that the Vatican should stop covering up for paedophilias immediately.
For Religion & Health see:[/b][/size] Williams & Sternthal. (2007). Spirituality, religion and health: Evidence and research directions. Med. J. Aust., 186(10), S47-S50. -LINK

The WIN/Gallup End of Year Survey 2013 found the US was perceived to be the greatest threat to world peace by a huge margin, with 24% of respondents fearful of the US followed by: 8% for Pakistan, and 6% for China. This was followed by 5% each for: Afghanistan, Iran, Israel, North Korea. -LINK

"That's disgusting. There were clean athletes out there that have had their whole careers ruined by people like Lance Armstrong who just bended thoughts to fit their circumstances. He didn't look up cheating because he wanted to stop, he wanted to justify what he was doing and to keep that continuing on." - Nicole Cooke
I'm not sure why they would cover it up in the first place.

(February 5, 2014 at 11:05 pm)Aractus Wrote: Suspected? That's ridiculous - every person has the right to the presumption of innocence in most countries, and while I certainly agree that the Vatican should stop providing a safe-harbour for clergy who are child sex abusers, it doesn't mean they should remove people who are "suspected", after all said people could turn around and sue you for wrongful dismissal.

Well let them sue afterwards then (presuming they are indeed innocent). Personally I think they should be investigated outside of a country that isn't intent on protecting paedophiles.
(February 5, 2014 at 11:08 pm)Chad32 Wrote: I'm not sure why they would cover it up in the first place.

They don't want to start a scandal. A scandal would really hurt the church. If a priest is going around molesting children and nobody knows about it except the priest and the kids, then all is fine for the church.

What really surprises me is that Minimalist hasn't piped up about it yet.
Comparing the Universal Oneness of All Life to Yo Mama since 2010.

[Image: harmlesskitchen.png]

I was born with the gift of laughter and a sense the world is mad.
(February 5, 2014 at 11:38 pm)Rev. Rye Wrote:
(February 5, 2014 at 11:08 pm)Chad32 Wrote: I'm not sure why they would cover it up in the first place.

They don't want to start a scandal. A scandal would really hurt the church. If a priest is going around molesting children and nobody knows about it except the priest and the kids, then all is fine for the church.

What really surprises me is that Minimalist hasn't piped up about it yet.

Everyone knows that it doesn't turn into a real scandal until there is a cover-up. If these priests were immediately dealt with, then the blame would land on them, and no one could accuse the church as a whole of sheltering child molesters and rapists. I sometimes see the argument made along the lines of "well, there are child molesters in other occupations too, so don't blame the church", which is always countered with "but the church didn't punish the pedophiles, and covered up their misdoings". The counterargument would be invalid without a cover-up.

Additionally, more child molestation and rape probably occurred due to the cover-up, because there was no legal deterrent to those who knew the church wouldn't expose them for molesting children.
John Adams Wrote:The Government of the United States of America is not, in any sense, founded on the Christian religion.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  This Is Stupid Even For A Catholic School BrianSoddingBoru4 16 2211 September 5, 2019 at 3:17 pm
Last Post: GUBU
  Christians worship Satan and don't even know it rado84 18 1784 April 15, 2019 at 8:29 pm
Last Post: brewer
  Even Duterte Get It Minimalist 5 1420 September 29, 2018 at 12:39 pm
Last Post: Anomalocaris
  Chile abuse priest Fernando Karadima removed by Vatican zebo-the-fat 2 921 September 28, 2018 at 5:00 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Vatican Children's Hospital showcasing something besides excellence in child care vorlon13 14 3460 July 19, 2017 at 1:49 am
Last Post: vorlon13
  Who god hates rado84 102 8320 August 5, 2016 at 10:06 am
Last Post: RozKek
  Vatican fires high ranking priest for coming out abaris 37 7867 October 3, 2015 at 10:33 pm
Last Post: Chad32
  Christianity even with Jesus is ignorant about some stuff of the old Coreni 11 3819 June 24, 2015 at 11:31 am
Last Post: Minimalist
  Vatican on Alert - ISIS Threat JesusHChrist 70 18271 January 25, 2015 at 3:44 pm
Last Post: dyresand
  Challenge: Name Even 10 Beliefs in the Christian Delusion which are NOT Ridiculous Whateverist 33 5334 December 21, 2014 at 12:38 pm
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus