Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 27, 2024, 12:11 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Christianity even with Jesus is ignorant about some stuff of the old
Christianity even with Jesus is ignorant about some stuff of the old
Like why would he say this when evidence proves the exodus event is completely fictional. In terms of Israelites always living in israel to begin with, only that they where canaanites before. Talk about an allknowing being (sarcasm)

john 5:46-47
46 If you believed Moses, you would believe me, for he wrote about me. 47 But since you do not believe what he wrote, how are you going to believe what I say?”
RE: Christianity even with Jesus is ignorant about some stuff of the old
Unfortunately it seams as if where Jesus comes into play is where much of the texts do not align. Man has know doubt misinterpreted much of the sacred teachings making them seam as if one man is right where others are in darkness. We must only have faith in the correlating lessons, stories, and ideals. I have found that anything in any translation you find with [ ] or ( ) is best left out of your reading entirely for it seams that most confusion lie within these misinterpretations. They falsely set there as if helping with understanding but really help to smear the word into something less.
(June 24, 2015 at 6:39 am)Coreni Wrote: Like why would he say this when evidence proves the exodus event is completely fictional. In terms of Israelites always living in israel to begin with, only that they where canaanites before. Talk about an allknowing being (sarcasm)

46 If you believed Moses, you would believe me, for he wrote about me. 47 But since you do not believe what he wrote, how are you going to believe what I say?”

For one you're assuming Jesus actually said that, which consdiering the Gospel of John wasn't written till 90-100 AD there's been a pretty long gap between meeting him if the author ever did. Even presuming the traditional authorship claim is correct John must have been ancient by this time, what's to say he remembered it right?
(June 24, 2015 at 9:18 am)Metis Wrote:
(June 24, 2015 at 6:39 am)Coreni Wrote: Like why would he say this when evidence proves the exodus event is completely fictional. In terms of Israelites always living in israel to begin with, only that they where canaanites before. Talk about an allknowing being (sarcasm)

For one you're assuming Jesus actually said that, which consdiering the Gospel of John wasn't written till 90-100 AD there's been a pretty long gap between meeting him if the author ever did. Even presuming the traditional authorship claim is correct John must have been ancient by this time, what's to say he remembered it right?
Ok then. What about Luke 19:40-44. Jesus says that not one stone will be upon one another on the city of jerusalem. Well he was wrong, since the western wall bottom stones still stands firm today.

And its also noted by most scholars that gospels are not written by eyewitnesses or people who knew eyewitnesses. And most of the new testament writings are forged. And there was no historians who wrote this down (Before after the gospels where written) or where born to be eyewitnesses, they exist after the events in terms of when they where born. They wrote this case after the gospels where written in 70 ad. If one refers to Josephus and Tacitus, so they have no other reference than christianity. So its likely that Paul was the inventor of christianity as we know it today. And even he wasnt an eyewitness or wrote anything about Jesus miracles and life etc. According to him he is more or less a sky deity and not an actual being.
Jesus was as dumb as everyone else back then. He just had the gift of the gab and a few parlour tricks. And a martyr complex. Probably couldn't even do long division.

I can do long division.
Feel free to send me a private message.
Please visit my website here! It's got lots of information about atheism/theism and support for new atheists.

Index of useful threads and discussions
Index of my best videos
Quickstart guide to the forum
We're well aware of the problems of NT authorship around here, but I was curious about one of your claims..

Quote:And most of the new testament writings are forged.

What does this mean? We have no idea who wrote the NT, and we know they were written decades later than the events they relate. What does 'being a forgery' mean in this context?
In every country and every age, the priest had been hostile to Liberty.
- Thomas Jefferson
(June 24, 2015 at 9:05 am)popsthebuilder Wrote: Unfortunately it seams as if where Jesus comes into play is where much of the texts do not align. Man has know doubt misinterpreted much of the sacred teachings making them seam as if one man is right where others are in darkness. We must only have faith in the correlating lessons, stories, and ideals. I have found that anything in any translation you find with [ ] or ( ) is best left out of your reading entirely for it seams that most confusion lie within these misinterpretations. They falsely set there as if helping with understanding but really help to smear the word into something less.

Umm...what?
Even if the open windows of science at first make us shiver after the cozy indoor warmth of traditional humanizing myths, in the end the fresh air brings vigor, and the great spaces have a splendor of their own - Bertrand Russell
(June 24, 2015 at 10:10 am)FatAndFaithless Wrote: We're well aware of the problems of NT authorship around here, but I was curious about one of your claims..

Quote:And most of the new testament writings are forged.

What does this mean?  We have no idea who wrote the NT, and we know they were written decades later than the events they relate.  What does 'being a forgery' mean in this context?

http://religion.blogs.cnn.com/2011/05/13...olar-says/

Quote:

Half of New Testament forged, Bible scholar says

I suspect Ehrman is being generous.  Most likely it is all forged.
(June 24, 2015 at 11:18 am)Minimalist Wrote:
(June 24, 2015 at 10:10 am)FatAndFaithless Wrote: We're well aware of the problems of NT authorship around here, but I was curious about one of your claims..

What does this mean?  We have no idea who wrote the NT, and we know they were written decades later than the events they relate.  What does 'being a forgery' mean in this context?

http://religion.blogs.cnn.com/2011/05/13...olar-says/

Quote:

Half of New Testament forged, Bible scholar says

I suspect Ehrman is being generous.  Most likely it is all forged.

I mean, I get that they're full of shit, but what does it mean to be a 'forgery' if we already know the authors are unknown? Does it simply mean that the NT was not literally written by 4 guys named Matthew Mark Luke and John? Because I thought everyone knew that.
In every country and every age, the priest had been hostile to Liberty.
- Thomas Jefferson
Generally speaking, what Ehrman means is that this shit was not written by the people who have had their names attached to it.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pseudepigrapha

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  First Council of Nicaea: when Christianity was deformed and Jesus named son of God. WinterHold 50 4077 September 19, 2021 at 12:13 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  This Is Stupid Even For A Catholic School BrianSoddingBoru4 16 2210 September 5, 2019 at 3:17 pm
Last Post: GUBU
  Christians worship Satan and don't even know it rado84 18 1779 April 15, 2019 at 8:29 pm
Last Post: brewer
  C'mon, Look At All This Stuff That's Real YahwehIsTheWay 66 12687 December 28, 2018 at 9:38 pm
Last Post: Jehanne
  Did Jesus call the Old Testament God the Devil, a Murderer and the Father of Lies? dude1 51 8502 November 6, 2018 at 12:46 pm
Last Post: Angrboda
  Even Duterte Get It Minimalist 5 1419 September 29, 2018 at 12:39 pm
Last Post: Anomalocaris
  Christians: Can you see why atheists don't buy this stuff? vulcanlogician 49 3933 August 19, 2018 at 8:03 pm
Last Post: vulcanlogician
  Jesus already came (at lest for some) Fake Messiah 60 15301 July 22, 2017 at 1:04 am
Last Post: Astonished
  Old Testament Prophecy Proof of Jesus Nihilist Virus 45 6293 August 12, 2016 at 12:50 pm
Last Post: Nihilist Virus
  Ignorant apologetics aside, your god does not exist. Foxaèr 10 2512 April 16, 2016 at 12:26 pm
Last Post: Mystic