Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 5:44 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A tentative addition...
A tentative addition...
Hello there. I am from North East England and am actually taking quite a risk in posting on this forum but I am determined to speak to like minded people as regards my current developing stance on philosophy and personal enlightenment.

I am a Catholic teacher in a Catholic school, but I have very recently questioned my beliefs with increasing fervour.

Reading Hitchens, Dawkins, Russell, Kant and Schopenhauer I have come to the conclusion that my own belief system has long been without vigour for quite some time. I have been going through the motions. Proselytising to the children as a mouthpiece for the church, rather than being allowed to educate with the trust of personal responsibility.
RE: A tentative addition...
Welcome aboard! Hope you find something useful here. If not, join Area 69 just for the crack.

RE: A tentative addition...
Welcome.

Is this one of those things where you're secretly hoping to get caught?
Even if the open windows of science at first make us shiver after the cozy indoor warmth of traditional humanizing myths, in the end the fresh air brings vigor, and the great spaces have a splendor of their own - Bertrand Russell

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Tentative Hello OhimeSama 12 2299 June 24, 2012 at 8:56 am
Last Post: KichigaiNeko