Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 12, 2024, 8:18 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Walking Dead
The Walking Dead
This show has recently become "The Constant Angst and Crying Show." I want to see zombie killing action, not this "OMG we're so broken, life sucks" bullshit. Especially from Michonne. I mean, she's a mysterious badass. She should continue to be a badass. She may feel like she's lost everything, but that's not accurate, because she has her katana, and katanas are awesome.

I get Carl breaking down because he thinks he lost his sister, he definitely lost his mom, he lost a substitute father figure before that, and now his actual father is seriously wounded and could die at any time, and Carl's only like 10 years old. That legitimately sucks.

My mom thinks Carol never actually

and is actually trying to protect that psychotic fucked up kid. I don't really buy that. What do you folks think?
RE: The Walking Dead
Carroll definitely killed those people, but Lizzy doesn't have all the chocolate chips in her cookie, and yes I do think Carol is trying to protect her. Personally I think they need to give away with Judith Lizzie and the rest of the kids they're a liability.
I like TWD over other zombie genres because it doesn't focus and over-dramatize the zombies. There's a decent balance of zombies, but sometimes, too much is too much. If you want something that focuses completely on zombies, there are other works of film out there. Sometimes, ONLY focusing on the zombies can bore a person's taste for the genre. I like the more realistic situations they've added to the show, and focused more on- like the point of survival, politics, and fighting outbreaks of sickness during an epidemic.

Just IMO
It's not a zombie show. The zombies are a backdrop. It's a human drama that just happens to have zombies. I loved the first season. But it has been pretty much shit since then. I watch mainly out of habit, because my wife still likes it, and in the hopes that it will get good again, but it hasn't. I've pretty much bailed on it.
This season blows. .. carl and softball rick need to be eaten alive....
I pretty much thought the show has sucked ever since the 2nd mid season finale.
I dislike the show, I find it boring honestly. I tried giving it a chance but no, not good enough. If I want to see zombies then I'll go play Resident Evil 4 or Left 4 Dead.
(March 3, 2014 at 3:11 am)Dark Fatal Knight Wrote: I dislike the show, I find it boring honestly. I tried giving it a chance but no, not good enough. If I want to see zombies then I'll go play Resident Evil 4 or Left 4 Dead.
Those zombies are stupid. Especially Boomers. Fat hate is not cool, bro.

Okay, the Witch is pretty awesome.

But Left 4 Dead in particular has none of the social or political commentary that the zombie horror genre is known for. It's just fucking stupid.
This season, admittedly is a little slow, but I definitely enjoy the show. It's the number one rated cable show in the world so if you don't like it, you are probably a young male who prefers carnage and mayhem to a good story line.

It's a very well-written show with excellent actors and fantastic special effects. I wouldn't even watch it if it was a campy action movie with an invincible macho-man hero walking around with a flame-thrower-bazooka-M-60-zombie-destroying-mega weapon and driving a perfect Ferrari around the mean streets of Vegas. (and that's what usually makes the stupids happy here in the US)

My point I guess is that if you don't like the show, that's completely fine, but it definitely doesn't suck. I've seen a LOT of TV shows that TRULY SUCK, and the Walking Dead doesn't even come close.
[Image: Evolution.png]

There's a better zombie-based entertainment available:

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The Walking Dead, Season 7-*SPOILERS ABOUND* Athene 120 12166 May 6, 2017 at 2:19 am
Last Post: Foxaèr
  Walking Dead Season 6 premiere, Oct 11 Athene 25 3851 October 18, 2015 at 9:53 pm
Last Post: Clueless Morgan
  FEAR THE WALKING DEAD Athene 14 2756 July 21, 2015 at 2:29 pm
Last Post: Cyberman
  The Walking Dead and Broadwalk Empire Season 3 trailer Something completely different 2 1540 July 26, 2013 at 11:55 pm
Last Post: pineapplebunnybounce