Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 9:17 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
FEAR THE WALKING DEAD
FEAR THE WALKING DEAD
The Walking Dead spin-off premieres next month. The setting of Fear the Walking Dead is prior  to the post-zombie apocalyptic world that Rick and his crew are in.  It takes place just as the crisis is beginning to unfold. I think this has potential for great storytelling. I've always imagined that the the beginning of the end would be harder to navigate then the post-zombie apocalypse in some ways. At what point would you stop believing the news reports and say fuck your job, the bills and everything not involving survival? 

RE: FEAR THE WALKING DEAD
I worry more about the Walking Dumb.

[Image: i_walked_with_a_zombie.jpg]
I didn't know about this! I'm so excited!
Nolite te bastardes carborundorum.
I never watched The Walking Dead, but couldn't they come up with a better name?
Even if the open windows of science at first make us shiver after the cozy indoor warmth of traditional humanizing myths, in the end the fresh air brings vigor, and the great spaces have a splendor of their own - Bertrand Russell
(July 20, 2015 at 10:31 pm)Faith No More Wrote: I never watched The Walking Dead, but couldn't they come up with a better name?

If it's an intro/prequel, "The Waking Dead" would've done all right, by my estimation...
How will we know, when the morning comes, we are still human? - 2D

Don't worry, my friend.  If this be the end, then so shall it be.
I hope, honestly that it's better than the Walking Dead.
Dying to live, living to die.
(July 20, 2015 at 10:31 pm)Faith No More Wrote: I never watched The Walking Dead, but couldn't they come up with a better name?
The name of the show doesn't actually refer to the zombies, but rather the show's protagonists. You don't actually learn that until the end of Season 5 though.

Also, you should watch The Walking Dead. I just binge watched 5 seasons.
Quote:The name of the show doesn't actually refer to the zombies, but rather the show's protagonists.

Wait.

So you're saying the Zombies are NOT the protagonists?

Interesting.
(July 20, 2015 at 8:58 pm)Thena323 Wrote: At what point would you stop believing the news reports and say fuck your job, the bills and everything not involving survival? 

I did that two years ago.
[Image: Evolution.png]

(July 20, 2015 at 8:58 pm)Thena323 Wrote: The Walking Dead spin-off premieres next month. The setting of Fear the Walking Dead is prior  to the post-zombie apocalyptic world that Rick and his crew are in.  It takes place just as the crisis is beginning to unfold. I think this has potential for great storytelling. I've always imagined that the the beginning of the end would be harder to navigate then the post-zombie apocalypse in some ways. At what point would you stop believing the news reports and say fuck your job, the bills and everything not involving survival? 

I saw this about a week ago or so and my question is:  Is this supposed to be an actual series, or a miniseries?  I can see this being a miniseries seeing as how the timeline for possible storytelling is quite short (my understanding is that the zombie apocalypse happened in a matter or weeks) so I can't see how this could be a multi-season series without it turning into just another Walking Dead series about people surviving the post-ZA...

With that said though, my calendar is totally marked for August 23, and October 11 - the FTWD premier and TWD season 6 premier. Big Grin

(July 20, 2015 at 10:41 pm)Tiberius Wrote: The name of the show doesn't actually refer to the zombies, but rather the show's protagonists. You don't actually learn that until the end of Season 5 though.

The explanation comes way earlier in the comics. (I'm reading them now and am only up to book 6 and, more or less, the events in season 3.)

Quote:Also, you should watch The Walking Dead. I just binge watched 5 seasons.

YES!! I binge-watched the series earlier this year, and since then have watched it in total two more times (except season 5, only seen that in total once). Big Grin It's the show I'm currently upset with because of events in season 5 - so much so that I've been driven back to the shitty world of fanfic to see if anyone has "fixed" it yet. They haven't, and I've wasted a lot of time on shitty, shitty fanfic in the process. I never learn... Rolleyes
Teenaged X-Files obsession + Bermuda Triangle episode + Self-led school research project = Atheist.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The Walking Dead, Season 7-*SPOILERS ABOUND* Athene 120 11931 May 6, 2017 at 2:19 am
Last Post: Foxaèr
  Walking Dead Season 6 premiere, Oct 11 Athene 25 3794 October 18, 2015 at 9:53 pm
Last Post: Clueless Morgan
  Fear of a Blank Planet Edwardo Piet 0 501 October 4, 2015 at 8:15 pm
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  The Walking Dead My imaginary friend is GOD 10 1763 March 3, 2014 at 7:07 am
Last Post: h4ym4n
  The Walking Dead and Broadwalk Empire Season 3 trailer Something completely different 2 1539 July 26, 2013 at 11:55 pm
Last Post: pineapplebunnybounce
  Porcupine Tree - Fear of a Blank Planet Edwardo Piet 2 1733 March 20, 2011 at 5:35 pm
Last Post: HeyItsZeus