Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 10:37 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
BREAKING NEWS!!!! Islamic counties have more then 1 Book
BREAKING NEWS!!!! Islamic counties have more then 1 Book
But banned the rest.
http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2014/03/16/sa...crackdown/
But Seriously, I never knew they held Book Fairs.
"Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by the rulers as useful" - Edward Gibbon (Offen misattributed to Lucius Annaeus Seneca or Seneca the Younger) (Thanks to apophenia for the correction)
'I am driven by two main philosophies:
Know more about the world than I knew yesterday and lessen the suffering of others. You'd be surprised how far that gets you' - Neil deGrasse Tyson
"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it." - Mark Twain
RE: BREAKING NEWS!!!! Islamic counties have more then 1 Book
can't read the article, but they're probably books no one wants. Like Twilight and The Septimus Heap books
(March 16, 2014 at 1:11 pm)BrokenQuill92 Wrote: can't read the article, but they're probably books no one wants. Like Twilight and The Septimus Heap books

try it now
"Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by the rulers as useful" - Edward Gibbon (Offen misattributed to Lucius Annaeus Seneca or Seneca the Younger) (Thanks to apophenia for the correction)
'I am driven by two main philosophies:
Know more about the world than I knew yesterday and lessen the suffering of others. You'd be surprised how far that gets you' - Neil deGrasse Tyson
"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it." - Mark Twain
Haven't they heard about the internet ???
[Image: eUdzMRc.gif]
Christians started the ball rolling when they burned all of those books in Acts chapter 19.
http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?sea...ersion=MSG

Neither religions nor governments are in the habit of allowing people to have unapproved thoughts or information.
They have always had more than one book. Do you guys not know anything about Islam and the vast amount of collections available to Muslims? Have you not heard of al-Kitub al-Sittah/الكتب السته? The six almighty ahadith collection. Also You cannot forget the works of Abu Bakr Ahmad ibn Husayn al-Bayhaqi. Their a a vast amount of kutub/books in Saudi Arabiya. The issue though is that they only address Islamic issues.

I will not be happy until they have The Songs of Ilion and the works of Imru al-Qais ben-Hujr al-Kindi available for all to read an enjoy. I guess I am wishing too much though
[Image: tumblr_n8f4c0zuQE1twxzjco1_1280.png]
I'm guessing I shouldn't go to Saudi Arabia to find a copy of The God Delusion then?
Christian apologetics is the art of rolling a dog turd in sugar and selling it as a donut.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  What is a theist other then the basic definition? Quill01 4 716 August 1, 2022 at 11:16 am
Last Post: onlinebiker
  What book has the most history? georgecarlin 43 5635 May 13, 2019 at 8:29 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Religious fundamentalists more likely to believe fake news OakTree500 30 3790 November 10, 2018 at 4:32 pm
Last Post: no one
  2000 Australia priests reject breaking seal of confession... SYZ 7 1649 September 23, 2018 at 11:53 pm
Last Post: EvolutionKills
  Do leftists tends to be more sympathetic towards lack of humanism in islamic world Runi93 7 993 May 19, 2018 at 7:14 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  If God of Abraham is true, then why didnt he use his intelligent design to make a new Roeki 129 44944 July 9, 2017 at 2:11 am
Last Post: Astonished
  So, you're sitting in a tea shop, quietly reading a book... Gawdzilla Sama 70 16895 April 28, 2017 at 2:39 am
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus
  If God created all the good things around us then it means he created all EVIL too ErGingerbreadMandude 112 20923 March 3, 2017 at 9:53 am
Last Post: Harry Nevis
  If Life is Meaningless Anyway, then What's Wrong with Religion? InquiringMind 348 44157 October 2, 2016 at 6:20 pm
Last Post: Cyberman
  Following the Good Book Mermaid 22 5447 October 28, 2015 at 5:07 pm
Last Post: Athene