Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 27, 2024, 3:25 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2000 Australia priests reject breaking seal of confession...
2000 Australia priests reject breaking seal of confession...
I can't believe the Catholic church is going to willfully break the law in several Aussie states.  And even worse, condone the
paedophilic acts of its priests.  Seriously?  WTF?

CLERGY advocacy groups representing more than 2000 priests across
Australia have rejected outright breaking the seal of confession, even

if it becomes law in some states and territories.

And in a masterstroke of logic by the church, this applies to any priest and/or any other adult Catholic who confesses to having
sexually abused a child or children, but if a person came into the confessional—say a young child—came in and said 'Father, my
uncle is doing things to me that I am not happy about', now that child is not confessing a sin; that child is speaking about their uncle.
So that information is not covered by the sacramental seal.

I'll now await the arrest of the first priest on a charge of aiding and abetting in the commission of a crime, or as an accessory after
the fact.  That these god-botherers think that they're above the law makes me wanna puke.

Angry
I'm a creationist,  I believe man created God
RE: 2000 Australia priests reject breaking seal of confession...
If this becomes law and the church/priests choose to break it then the state should shut them down. Just as the state would with any other business.
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
There's also a debate stirring up the media downunder caused by the fact that our prime minister
has just granted church schools  $4.5 billion over the next ten years to facilitate upgrades.  This is
despite our government-run schools' pupils being housed in decrepit transportable classrooms with
no air-conditioning, broken windows, and leaking roofs.

There's an increasing concern, in a nominally secular country like Australia, that there's an increased
faith-based delivery of social and community services by the government.  Although 31% of our
population is non-religious, more than two-thirds of the government's social aid goes to religious
support organisations.
I'm a creationist,  I believe man created God
Quote:The National Council of Priests of Australia, with 1700 members, rejects new laws announced in South Australia, Tasmania, the ACT and Western Australia –which would require priests to break the seal of confession in cases relating to child abuse.

Good.  Lock 'em all up.  They're probably ass-raping children themselves anyway.
(September 23, 2018 at 2:35 pm)SYZ Wrote: There's also a debate stirring up the media downunder caused by the fact that our prime minister
has just granted church schools  $4.5 billion over the next ten years to facilitate upgrades.  This is
despite our government-run schools' pupils being housed in decrepit transportable classrooms with
no air-conditioning, broken windows, and leaking roofs.

There's an increasing concern, in a nominally secular country like Australia, that there's an increased
faith-based delivery of social and community services by the government.  Although 31% of our
population is non-religious, more than two-thirds of the government's social aid goes to religious
support organisations.

The catholics in the US handle a large percentage of federal dollar disbursement for aide. (half the catholics think it's all their donated funds) They have the built in infrastructure.

Never received any, but hopefully not to much brainwashing is included with a bag o groceries.
Then those priests need to be identified, watched, and prosecuted.

The media needs to bring the attitude of these priests to the attention of their "flocks": "These are the names and locations of these priests who feel it's better to protect themselves and their colleagues and not your kids!"

Name and shame.

Drive the fuckers out.
Dying to live, living to die.
Decriminalise vigilante justice for not complying with the law. Bunch of priests running around without testicles might be interesting.
I'm looking forward to the day when someone has the figurative balls to take the Catholic Church to court and prosecute it under RICO, same as the mafia; cause that's effectively what they are now.
[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  priests, parasites of society jebus 54 6721 October 23, 2016 at 8:13 pm
Last Post: brewer
  Victims of pedophile priests and imams help create more victims with silence. Greatest I am 3 1367 February 26, 2016 at 8:19 am
Last Post: Greatest I am
  The connection between Catholic priests and Muhammadan pedo gangs? ReptilianPeon 18 6494 May 17, 2015 at 12:10 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Why I think atheists should not reject all religious text. boothj1985 65 15419 December 7, 2014 at 4:53 pm
Last Post: Nope
  BREAKING NEWS!!!! Islamic counties have more then 1 Book Gooders1002 6 2218 March 17, 2014 at 4:09 pm
Last Post: Doubting Thomas
  The moral reason to reject all god/s. Brian37 11 6310 November 16, 2013 at 8:17 am
Last Post: Bipolar Bob
  Gay priests' dating forum uncovered in the Vatican Gooders1002 10 5193 June 23, 2013 at 6:36 am
Last Post: Tiberius
  ZION OLYMPICS point indirectly to AUSTRALIA Stevie 9 5777 July 21, 2012 at 8:51 am
Last Post: KichigaiNeko
  Pedo priests in OZ Oldandeasilyconfused 8 3635 April 23, 2012 at 7:18 pm
Last Post: Oldandeasilyconfused
  ...He must have turned on the priests. AthiestAtheist 6 3612 February 7, 2012 at 3:23 pm
Last Post: Rokcet Scientist