Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 26, 2024, 7:11 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The problems with being English
The problems with being English
http://themetapicture.com/21-brilliant-b...-problems/
"Peace is a lie, there is only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength, I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken."
Sith code
RE: The problems with being English
I understand you know the weather's fine in the UK when the rain's verticle?
Dying to live, living to die.
Haha, my cousin posted the same link on Facebook about an hour ago.
So accurate!

(March 17, 2014 at 6:37 pm)Beccs Wrote: I understand you know the weather's fine in the UK when the rain's verticle?
Yes. We live in hope that it will happen one day.
I'm guilty of this where it regards coffee:

[Image: cool-British-people-problems-sugar.jpg]

And who hasn't done this:

[Image: cool-British-people-problems-smoking.jpg]
[Image: Evolution.png]

(March 17, 2014 at 6:37 pm)Beccs Wrote: I understand you know the weather's fine in the UK when the rain's verticle?

Yeah, certainly in Wales or Scotland.

Simple way to check the English weather, look at the ground. If it's wet it means it's raining. If it's dry it means it's just about to start raining.
"Peace is a lie, there is only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength, I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken."
Sith code
What are the pictures?
(March 17, 2014 at 7:05 pm)BrokenQuill92 Wrote: What are the pictures?

It's more about what the text (mainly screencaps of tweets) in the pictures say than the pictures themselves, but I'll include what the images are of anyway.

1. Pic: David Attenborough with a butterfly.
Text: I was looking forward to a nature documentary I recorded but when I sat down to watch it the narrator wasn't David Attenborough

2. Pic: Robbie Williams sticking two fingers up at the camera.
Text: I live outside the UK so when I say "With all due respect" nobody realises I'm insulting them

3. Pic: A box of chocolate covered biscuits (cookies to you)
Text: I asked if anyone wanted the last biscuit. Someone did.

4. Pic: A Bus on Westminster Bridge with the houses of Parliament in the background.
Text: I accidentally rang the bell on the bus at the wrong stop, and instead of explaining my predicament to the driver, got off and walked the rest of the way home

5. Pic: A sad looking kitten.
Text: My cat meowed during the 2 minute silence. I've never felt more embarrassed, even though I was alone.

6. Pic: A pile of teabags.
Text: I accidentally used the wrong tea bag, and now I'm drinking Earl Grey. I still like it but I wasn't expecting it.

7. Pic: A man with really bad hair.
Text: Having my haircut, the barber said "Is that alright?" I nodded. It wasn't.

8. Pic: A jar of Marmite.
Text: My girlfriend claims to be 'neither here nor there' on Marmite. Now I can't trust anything she says or does.

9. Pic: A lady with a white headset like someone in a call centre would wear.
Text: I phoned Netflix customer support which is US based, they were so overly polite I thought they were being sarcastic and hung up.

10. Pic: A picture of Honey Boo Boo's Mother (I think?)
Text: "on accident"

11. Pic: A parking attendant wearing a yellow Hi Vis about to put a penalty notice on a car.
Text: I said 'thank you' as a warden handed me a parking ticket.

12. Pic: A black & White image of a man in a park wearing a bowler hat, smoking a pipe.
Text: I can't say 'great' without sounding sarcastic.

13. Pic: A mini-roundabout in what looks like a small town. There is a red phone box and a zebra crossing in the background.
Text: Yesterday, I arrived at a mini-roundabout simultaneously with two other drivers from other directions. We're still here.

14. Pic: A lady holding a pale green tea cup.
Text: My girlfriend cannot make tea, Just some type of warm milk.

15. Pic: A teaspoon of sugar being held over a cup of tea.
Text: I can't help but think of people who take sugar as intellectually inferior.

16. Pic: A blurry image of an aisle at a supermarket.
Text: A man in the supermarket was browsing the food I wanted to browse, so I had to pretend to look at things I didn't even want until he left.

17. Pic: People at Glasgow Central Station walking along a platform where there is a train.
Text: Heard an announcement at the train station: "We are sorry". Just that, nothing else.

18. Pic: A hand with ugly pink nails with big stones on them holding a lit cigarette.
Text: I apologise for not smoking when someone asks me for a light

19. Pic: A blurry pic of a bar in a pub with a almost empty glass of Fosters in the foreground.
Text: People who drink their pint significantly faster or slower than the group average, thereby making buying a round repeatedly shambolic.

20. Pic: A fully stocked fridge, mostly full of fruit and veg.
Text: I'm a Brit staying with a family in New Zealand. My hosts told me to help myself to food and drink whenever I want, otherwise I won't get fed. This goes against everything I know.

21. Pic: A doctor's hand holding a stethoscope.
Text: I don't feel well but I don't want to disturb my doctor.
I've actually done number four and not only once.

As for number twelve, I get that feeling all the time. I've drafted and redrafted posts on here in which I genuinely want to compliment someone, but which sound in my head like I'm taking the piss.
At the age of five, Skagra decided emphatically that God did not exist.  This revelation tends to make most people in the universe who have it react in one of two ways - with relief or with despair.  Only Skagra responded to it by thinking, 'Wait a second.  That means there's a situation vacant.'
I do number 4 a few times a year.

I nearly did number 9 when I called up about fucking up the order process when I bought a PMD gadget thingy, but didn't hang up in case they were genuinely being nice. 10 bugs the shit out of me. I've had a problem with 12 before at work. 16 happens to me almost every time I go shopping. And 21 will probably be the reason I die young.
(March 18, 2014 at 7:28 pm)Stimbo Wrote: I've actually done number four and not only once.

You're not the only one.Big Grin

I've also done numbers three, seven, twelve, thirteen, sixteen, eighteen and twenty one more times than I can remember. And I once said thank you after a policeman gave me a fine for speeding.ROFLOL

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Atheist problems LinuxGal 1 921 December 9, 2022 at 8:12 pm
Last Post: brewer
  Serious Problems With Theism Edwardo Piet 12 1489 January 21, 2017 at 12:23 am
Last Post: ignoramus
  Chinese-English Translation Fails Kurdistannn 11 3763 August 28, 2015 at 1:20 pm
Last Post: robvalue
  Insightful English documentary threatens to undermine godless evolution 'science' Whateverist 39 4418 March 4, 2015 at 6:02 am
Last Post: robvalue
  Another English Icon KichigaiNeko 0 913 January 19, 2012 at 4:57 am
Last Post: KichigaiNeko