Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 26, 2024, 6:08 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What do you hate about religion?
What do you hate about religion?
Most people don't rally against religion for no reason. Say what is that about religion that you specifically dislike.
I go first.

A belief that god can prevent evil but chooses not to and is still a good god(pisses me off).
Sexual oppression of the mind(saying that healthy things are wrong which causes people to be ashamed of themselves and their thoughts for no good reason and also can cause mental illness).
Hell threats(as if I deserve it more than them).
Thanking god for good things I do and good things I get(tired of hearing this shit).
Also I'm tired of religious people looking at me as an abomination when I say I don't believe in a god. Go fuck yourself seriously.
Also I am tired of people who think religion is a solution for everything and if I have any sort of problem it's because of my atheism.
Also I'm fucking tired of religion constantly popping up in movies and music.
Also tired of the idea that only meaning that is possible is by believing in gods plan or whatever(how did they come up with this shit?).

But what I hate most is theodicy. Religion poisons minds so much that they will defend everything god does as just. Diseases, disasters, evils you name it. And then want me to respect their religion. Can't wait for this taboo to collapse and religion to die. Hope it will happen in my lifetime so I can see it myself.
RE: What do you hate about religion?
I hate the arrogance in religion, and atheism, this is why I don't call myself either.
(March 18, 2014 at 1:07 am)psychoslice Wrote: I hate the arrogance in religion, and atheism, this is why I don't call myself either.

What is the arrogance of atheism? xD
(March 18, 2014 at 1:07 am)tor Wrote:
(March 18, 2014 at 1:07 am)psychoslice Wrote: I hate the arrogance in religion, and atheism, this is why I don't call myself either.

What is the arrogance of atheism? xD

The arrogance is that they think they know it all, because they have science on their side, but don't get me wrong, I do lean more towards atheism.
(March 18, 2014 at 1:09 am)psychoslice Wrote:
(March 18, 2014 at 1:07 am)tor Wrote: What is the arrogance of atheism? xD

The arrogance is that they think they know it all, because they have science on their side, but don't get me wrong, I do lean more towards atheism.

What if they do know it all?
(March 18, 2014 at 1:10 am)tor Wrote:
(March 18, 2014 at 1:09 am)psychoslice Wrote: The arrogance is that they think they know it all, because they have science on their side, but don't get me wrong, I do lean more towards atheism.

What if they do know it all?

What if they don't ?.
(March 18, 2014 at 1:16 am)psychoslice Wrote:
(March 18, 2014 at 1:10 am)tor Wrote: What if they do know it all?

What if they don't ?.

Do you know for sure that earth is a sphere? Or it is also bullshit?
i hate the fact that children always hear, "Hate yourself or you won't get into heaven!".. what the fuck is wrong with our society? These children are being lead down a path of lies and self-hate. We can't be worthy without complete devotion, etc. Either give it all up or go to hell! It's so tiring, just thinking about children going, "oh really? thanks dad!" lol fuck
I hate the bible. I love that do as thy whilst stuff.
(March 18, 2014 at 1:16 am)tor Wrote:
(March 18, 2014 at 1:16 am)psychoslice Wrote: What if they don't ?.

Do you know for sure that earth is a sphere? Or it is also bullshit?

So we are told, but I see the earth as being one with everything else, the sphere is just one small part of that, its as far as our bullshit will take us.
(March 18, 2014 at 1:24 am)psychoslice Wrote:
(March 18, 2014 at 1:16 am)tor Wrote: Do you know for sure that earth is a sphere? Or it is also bullshit?

So we are told, but I see the earth as being one with everything else, the sphere is just one small part of that, its as far as our bullshit will take us.

So you don't even know if it's a sphere or not. But you make up your own bullshit. You fail.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Atheists how much do you hate God? Authari 136 5588 February 12, 2024 at 3:31 am
Last Post: Goosebump
  Why do you hate God? johndoe122931 100 7293 June 3, 2021 at 2:15 pm
Last Post: purplepurpose
  Statistics, the perfect weapon to justify hate? Ferrocyanide 12 1548 December 21, 2020 at 6:09 pm
Last Post: GUBU
  Honestly, I hate the thought of god, zeus and jesus Apex1050 22 2618 July 10, 2020 at 11:03 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  World War I, religion died in the 20th century, science triumphed in religion in the Interaktive 35 4233 December 24, 2019 at 10:50 am
Last Post: Interaktive
  Which religion would be easiest for you if you had to be in one? Fake Messiah 31 3195 July 17, 2019 at 2:26 am
Last Post: Losty
  Atheist hate having to constantly repeat this.... Brian37 33 6740 October 16, 2017 at 1:48 pm
Last Post: Harry Nevis
  I Hate Presup Amarok 4 2148 February 10, 2017 at 11:13 am
Last Post: Crossless2.0
  Book suggestion: "God Hates You, Hate Him Back" drfuzzy 8 2836 June 28, 2016 at 1:42 pm
Last Post: emjay
  I hate Church and still feel obligated to go dragonman73 20 4428 May 2, 2016 at 5:03 pm
Last Post: Brian37