Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 27, 2024, 4:38 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Oregon City faith healers say son's death was not a crime
Oregon City faith healers say son's death was not a crime
A friend of mine posted this on facebook:

http://www.oregonlive.com/clackamascount...age_f.html

IMO this shouldn't have happened. But to these parents they were just following their faith.

This is sickening and a shameful site to see.
Freedom is the ability to march to the beat of a different drummer without fear of retribution. Secularone

Ignorance is bliss but understanding is wonderful. Atheist forums.org
RE: Oregon City faith healers say son's death was not a crime
Another case of bullshit masquerading as medicine getting people killed. The parent's deserve the charge of negligent homicide regardless of their beliefs.
This is the same group of nut cases that killed a little girl last year. The Dad got a slap on the wrist. These people sicken me and should be stopped. They have the highest child mortality rate in the state of Oregon. Their cemetery is littered with dead children all in the name of faith. Sickening.
binnyCoffee
(December 14, 2009 at 6:18 pm)binny Wrote: This is the same group of nut cases that killed a little girl last year. The Dad got a slap on the wrist. These people sicken me and should be stopped. They have the highest child mortality rate in the state of Oregon. Their cemetery is littered with dead children all in the name of faith. Sickening.

Couldn't have said it any better.
(December 14, 2009 at 6:15 pm)theVOID Wrote: Another case of bullshit masquerading as medicine getting people killed. The parent's deserve the charge of negligent homicide regardless of their beliefs.

I only disagree with the choice of the charge. "Depraved Indifference" seems to fit especially in light of previous instances where god apparently told these fuckheads to get lost.
It's one thing to believe in crazy bullshit so-called medicine that doesn't actually work, but I can't for the life of me understand why this so often seems to cause people to also reject and even slag off scientific medicine which so obviously does really work. It's not just drawing away from science but also even attacking it.

EvF
How many more innocent children have to die till the courts recognize that when it comes to faith healing or as I like to call it faith killing the constitution does not apply? It's one thing to believe whatever you want and drag your whole family down with you in those beliefs, but when those beliefs turn deadly to the point of senseless deaths due to lack of medical treatment then it becomes in my view a criminally negligent act. People who practice faith healing no matter what religion you belong to that results in the death of anyone should be put in jail and charged with murder as well.
There is nothing people will not maintain when they are slaves to superstition

http://chatpilot-godisamyth.blogspot.com/

(December 18, 2009 at 11:53 am)EvidenceVsFaith Wrote: It's one thing to believe in crazy bullshit so-called medicine that doesn't actually work, but I can't for the life of me understand why this so often seems to cause people to also reject and even slag off scientific medicine which so obviously does really work. It's not just drawing away from science but also even attacking it.

EvF

I once had a fascinating discussion with a batshit crazy fundie who wanted creationism taught in schools. The question put to her was "why is that your line in the sand?" She was a nurse but was not holding out for teaching "driving out demons" in medical school. Yet her bible was far more insistent that disease could be cured by driving out demons than it was about her myopic view of creation which is reliant on man-made calculations. The answer ultimately seemed to vindicate Dawkins' "God of the Gaps" hypothesis in that medical science had proven its value but she did not understand astrophysics so god must have done it.

Nuts come in various shades but the fuckers in this story kill people.
The Bible is - at least overall, and certainly in the particularly horrific bits - shit to say the least, amen.

EvF
Amen.

What?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New York City's video on how to survive a nuclear attack. Jehanne 50 2850 January 12, 2023 at 1:12 am
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus
  Ok computer techs, what say you? Brian37 82 6472 October 7, 2021 at 1:36 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Do you say anything to anti maskers in public? Brian37 37 2287 January 6, 2021 at 11:51 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Environmental charities, what say you? Brian37 11 889 December 21, 2020 at 6:00 pm
Last Post: no one
  Smile when you say that.... onlinebiker 12 1066 April 11, 2020 at 7:10 pm
Last Post: onlinebiker
  It’s Christmas so say something nice The Valkyrie 16 1716 December 19, 2019 at 9:03 pm
Last Post: no one
  Dumb things people say Lemon Curry 17 1526 April 21, 2019 at 12:48 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  If you see something, say something Foxaèr 24 2171 February 1, 2019 at 3:32 pm
Last Post: Shell B
  Take It, Or leave it, I can still say Voulez Vous Brian37 7 1106 November 29, 2018 at 10:03 pm
Last Post: adey67
  Say Farewell To An American Icon Minimalist 33 2267 October 16, 2018 at 7:29 pm
Last Post: Schwa