Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 27, 2024, 11:45 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Apostasy pointless in Poland?
Apostasy pointless in Poland?
I was thinking about apostasy, although i never felt i need that piece of paper. But in the last couple of days i started thinking about it more seriously.

So i went and looked up apostasy on a polish wiki page. It said at the very end that apostasy isn't equivallent to removing you from ranks of catholics. It only excludes you from the religious sacraments such as holy mass, weddings etc. (which i'm not using anyway, duh Big Grin) It said the reason for that is when you were baptised, the fromal leave of the catholic church is not possible... and they added the quote at the end: "Once a catholic, always a catholic".

So now it seems for me a bit pointless to go through all that crap. I guess that is why my country has around 90% believers. Is it the same everywhere or i just have a bad luck living where i live ? Big Grin
RE: Apostasy pointless in Poland?
Hey, churches are dishonest in almost every other respect, dishonest administrative practices are pretty much just par for the course. Rolleyes
"YOU take the hard look in the mirror. You are everything that is wrong with this world. The only thing important to you, is you." - ronedee

Want to see more of my writing? Check out my (safe for work!) site, Unprotected Sects!
(March 23, 2014 at 9:26 am)Esquilax Wrote: Hey, churches are dishonest in almost every other respect, dishonest administrative practices are pretty much just par for the course. Rolleyes

I knew that for a long time, although it would be nice not to be formally associated with "those bastards". Big Grin
I never realised it was such a BS trying to leave the church.
[Image: rksen4.jpg]
[Image: eUdzMRc.gif]
Quote:"Once a catholic, always a catholic".

Send the pope a certified letter that says "fuck off" in Latin. They'll get the hint.
(March 23, 2014 at 11:15 am)Minimalist Wrote:
Quote:"Once a catholic, always a catholic".

Send the pope a certified letter that says "fuck off" in Latin. They'll get the hint.

You have seen how apologists twist language, right? I wouldn't put my trust in any language to be received as intended, should that intent contradict what a religious person wants to be true.
"YOU take the hard look in the mirror. You are everything that is wrong with this world. The only thing important to you, is you." - ronedee

Want to see more of my writing? Check out my (safe for work!) site, Unprotected Sects!
Couldn't you just do something fun that gets you excommunicated? That would take care of everything, and they do all the paperwork!
"There remain four irreducible objections to religious faith: that it wholly misrepresents the origins of man and the cosmos, that because of this original error it manages to combine the maximum servility with the maximum of solipsism, that it is both the result and the cause of dangerous sexual repression, and that it is ultimately grounded on wish-thinking." ~Christopher Hitchens, god is not Great

PM me your email address to join the Slack chat! I'll give you a taco(or five) if you join! --->There's an app and everything!<---
nobody liked my joke ? Sad

Goodbye cruel world Hang
[Image: eUdzMRc.gif]
(March 23, 2014 at 11:40 am)SteelCurtain Wrote: Couldn't you just do something fun that gets you excommunicated? That would take care of everything, and they do all the paperwork!

That's an interesting idea Big Grin First thing that comes to my mind is the opening scene from Californication xD

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pRzEC33Ozh4
(March 23, 2014 at 11:36 am)Esquilax Wrote:
(March 23, 2014 at 11:15 am)Minimalist Wrote: Send the pope a certified letter that says "fuck off" in Latin. They'll get the hint.

You have seen how apologists twist language, right? I wouldn't put my trust in any language to be received as intended, should that intent contradict what a religious person wants to be true.

The trick is to figure out how to say "Fuck Off" in Latin.

Maybe this would work?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Aren't Science vs. Creation Debates......rather pointless? maestroanth 30 5601 March 29, 2016 at 9:20 am
Last Post: Whateverist
  Agnostic: a pointless term? robvalue 206 34652 February 16, 2015 at 3:24 pm
Last Post: Whateverist
Photo Atheism liberated me from pointless thinking,and made my life enjoyable. MountainsWinAgain 72 19403 October 30, 2014 at 10:54 am
Last Post: dyresand
  Pointless arguments Tea Earl Grey Hot 12 3727 March 23, 2013 at 1:22 am
Last Post: Violet
  Arguing with God believers is beyond pointless Bhavv 62 28569 May 13, 2009 at 7:04 pm
Last Post: Edwardo Piet