Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 29, 2024, 12:34 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
So this is the face of "ethical veganism"?
So this is the face of "ethical veganism"?
Oh dear. I really don't think these people are doing veganism or animal rights activism any favours.

Quote:Arson, Cracked Testicles, and Internet Death Threats: How Animal Rights Extremists Are Learning From the People Who Murdered George Tiller

Jordan Heller 1/16/13 4:30pm

"We will...strap you into a monkey restraining device and use industrial pliers to crack your testicles like walnuts." That was the simple message that medical researcher Dr. Donal O'Leary received in October 2011.

The note, which threatened to kidnap O'Leary and went on to reference myriad tortures including dismemberment, disembowelment, Drano and napalm, was published on Negotiation Is Over (NIO), a website that acts as a one-stop shop for animal rights extremists looking to gather intelligence on potential targets. In addition to labeling O'Leary—a professor at Detroit's Wayne State University whose studies on congestive heart failure involve experiments on rodents and occasionally dogs—a sadistic animal torturer, it published his photo and home address.

In an email to O'Leary alerting him of the post, Camille Marino, who until last month ran NIO out of her home in Wildwood, Fla., told the professor that some of her "associates" would be paying him a visit to take pictures of his home.

"Then you can join ‘NIO's most wanted,'" she wrote. "I hope you die a slow and painful death."

Full article HERE
"The Universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements: energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest." G'Kar-B5
RE: So this is the face of "ethical veganism"?
For some damn reason, it is the case that the best known examples of vegans are the ones who are COMPLETE assholes about being vegan. *SIGH*
(March 25, 2014 at 7:54 am)futilethewinds Wrote: For some damn reason, it is the case that the best known examples of vegans are the ones who are COMPLETE assholes about being vegan. *SIGH*

I KNOW!
What is it with these people? This lot put Al-Qaeda to shame! Good grief! Facepalm
"The Universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements: energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest." G'Kar-B5
(March 25, 2014 at 8:06 am)KichigaiNeko Wrote: I KNOW!
What is it with these people? Good grief! Facepalm
I wish I knew.

I'm going to guess what is happening is this.

1. People who are vegans care about it a lot on the emotional level.
2. For some reason, something I don't know about human nature means that 1 means that many of the people who identify as "vegans" must be complete ASSHOLES about veganism.
The extremists of any group get all the attention.
I'm only an "ethical" vegetarian, and so far havent felt any urges to crack nuts or the like. You have Gruyere cheese to thank for that one I guess...
(March 25, 2014 at 8:19 am)No_God Wrote: The extremists of any group get all the attention.

Unfortunately, all the wrong sort of attention.

*le sigh

Oh and did you know that there is such a thing as 'No Meat Monday' here in Oz?

What a joke that one was! We had (from the Australian Meat Industry) 'Meat Only Monday' in counter protest.

And don't get me started on 'Fluffy Kittens turning feral' and decimating our native wild life
I am perfectly fine with people who are vegetarians or vegans, it is a perfectly legitimate lifestyle choice.

Howeer I have no respect for people like for example; the members of PETA. Because they often treat other human beings the way, they don't want animals to be treated.
undefined
(March 25, 2014 at 9:20 am)Justtristo Wrote: I am perfectly fine with people who are vegetarians or vegans, it is a perfectly legitimate lifestyle choice.

Howeer I have no respect for people like for example; the members of PETA. Because they often treat other human beings the way, they don't want animals to be treated.

Totally concur Tristo.

The example I posted does no one any favours. But they truly believe they are the sacred warriors for animals and veganism.
(March 25, 2014 at 9:20 am)Justtristo Wrote: I am perfectly fine with people who are vegetarians or vegans, it is a perfectly legitimate lifestyle choice.

I hope it is the case that no one in the world respects the members of PETA.

PETA, while being an organization the exists to further animal rights, is so extreme that they do things like horribly abusing animals. WHAT THE FUCK IS THAT?!

Seriously, people, WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY?!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Taliban warns US not to 'destabilise' new Afghan regime in face-to-face talks WinterHold 24 1688 October 12, 2021 at 11:18 pm
Last Post: Jackalope
  Face coverings in public banned Foxaèr 10 729 March 10, 2021 at 6:13 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Nuns steal ~$500k from school for Vegas trips - face no charges Fidel_Castronaut 15 1367 December 11, 2018 at 1:05 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Preist slaps crying baby in the face at baptism LadyForCamus 46 5514 June 25, 2018 at 11:29 pm
Last Post: Fireball
  Jerry Lewis, actor, face of MDA telethon, dead at 91 c172 16 3946 August 20, 2017 at 8:13 pm
Last Post: KevinM1
  Good strategy if you face an impending trial abaris 2 641 August 29, 2016 at 4:48 pm
Last Post: Jackalope
  Mother and son in New Mexico face jail time for incestuous relationship c172 201 16523 August 12, 2016 at 12:18 am
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus