Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 29, 2024, 2:33 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
More Persecution for the Jesus Freak Morons to Whine About.
More Persecution for the Jesus Freak Morons to Whine About.
http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2014/03/31/vi...e-program/

Quote:A Missouri atheist who was denied probation because he refused to participate in a religious-based substance abuse program has won a legal victory against Western Reception, Diagnostic, and Correctional Center (WRDCC) in St. Joseph.

The United States Court of Appeals for the Eighth Circuit ruled that the district court that dismissed Randall Jackson’s lawsuit with prejudice erred in doing so. Jackson had sued the WRDCC because he claimed that, as an atheist, its Offenders Under Treatment Program (OUTP) violated his rights under the First Amendment.

I can hear them now.

WHAT? You mean we can't even annoy the shit out of prisoners!!!!
RE: More Persecution for the Jesus Freak Morons to Whine About.
Seriously, good for him.
"There remain four irreducible objections to religious faith: that it wholly misrepresents the origins of man and the cosmos, that because of this original error it manages to combine the maximum servility with the maximum of solipsism, that it is both the result and the cause of dangerous sexual repression, and that it is ultimately grounded on wish-thinking." ~Christopher Hitchens, god is not Great

PM me your email address to join the Slack chat! I'll give you a taco(or five) if you join! --->There's an app and everything!<---
(March 31, 2014 at 10:33 pm)SteelCurtain Wrote: Seriously, good for him.

I agree

I would go further and say that a religious based program of this type is a violation of the law as well.
This is good news.
Poe's Law: "Without a winking smiley or other blatant display of humor, it is impossible to create a parody of Fundamentalism that SOMEONE won't mistake for the real thing."

10 Christ-like figures that predate Jesus. Link shortened to Chris ate Jesus for some reason...
http://listverse.com/2009/04/13/10-chris...ate-jesus/

Good video to watch, if you want to know how common the Jesus story really is.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=88GTUXvp-50

A list of biblical contradictions from the infallible word of Yahweh.
http://infidels.org/library/modern/jim_m...tions.html

Small victories lead to large victories.
Dying to live, living to die.
A criminal addict won.

good for our side.

Clap

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  When Evangelicals freak out. Jehanne 17 1682 December 4, 2020 at 8:44 pm
Last Post: purplepurpose
Sad My mother believes in Jesus more than in me suffering23 56 8872 April 16, 2018 at 3:11 am
Last Post: ignoramus
  Paul's "persecution" of the early Christians? Jehanne 134 14921 February 22, 2018 at 8:13 pm
Last Post: Wyrd of Gawd
  Persecution Complex vulcanlogician 55 12971 January 3, 2018 at 9:29 am
Last Post: Joods
  And Jesus said unto her, Neither do I condemn thee: go, and sin no more. vorlon13 14 3084 August 1, 2017 at 2:54 am
Last Post: ignoramus
  So It Seems That This Jesus Freak Corporation's Religious Beliefs Only Go So Far Minimalist 11 2169 July 6, 2017 at 1:24 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  [UK]Leader of the Lib Dems resigns claiming religious persecution GUBU 14 5688 June 18, 2017 at 7:29 pm
Last Post: brewer
  Pope decries gay marriage and advances Christian persecution complex Aroura 28 3846 February 22, 2016 at 12:03 pm
Last Post: vorlon13
  Fucking Morons Minimalist 7 2256 February 5, 2016 at 2:54 am
Last Post: Wyrd of Gawd
  Christian Persecution Shining_Finger 75 13632 November 14, 2015 at 4:56 pm
Last Post: Minimalist