Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 7:37 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Patriotism
Patriotism
in my opinion it is just as dangerous as religion. It can be and has been used as a huge propaganda tool that governments use to get their citizens to back them, and when someone doesn't they are frowned upon and outcast by other members of that society for being unpatriotic. I know there will be patriotic people on here, but in my opinion, you are just as blind as religious people putting your faith in your government.
RE: Patriotism
"Nationalism is an infantile disease. It is the measles of mankind."

- Albert Einstein

I pretty much agree. I'm chillin', waiting for a Start Trek: TNG utopia to come along...
I'm a bitch, I'm a lover
I'm a goddess, I'm a mother
I'm a sinner, I'm a saint
I do not feel ashamed
(April 8, 2014 at 4:19 pm)ThePinsir Wrote: "Nationalism is an infantile disease. It is the measles of mankind."

- Albert Einstein

I pretty much agree. I'm chillin', waiting for a Start Trek: TNG utopia to come along...

Ha, that would be a great day if aliens ever made contact and told us how retarded we are lol.
I agree.

Some patriotism can be nice, like the way everyone was here during the 2012 Olympics and Paralympics, or during the Royal Wedding. Special occasions where there is something to be patriotic about.
Besides that, constant patriotism for the the sake of it, and at the expense of others is unpleasant and stuck up. It does nobody any good and makes it more difficult for immigrants to integrate with us because they can be made to feel unwelcome and excluded in areas where you get your EDL, BNP and UKIP people.
"Patriotism is the last refuge of a scoundrel"

- Samuel Johnson
I am patriotic towards my country and people but not my government. It is too corrupt.
I see no reason to be patriotic. I will support that country which is doing the right thing. There is no reason why that country must be the country whose passport I hold.
'Patriotism is holding the opinion that your country is superior to all others because you were born in it.' GB Shaw

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
(April 8, 2014 at 7:08 pm)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote: 'Patriotism is holding the opinion that your country is superior to all others because you were born in it.' GB Shaw

Boru

Even I don't have such high opinion of my own influence.
Ladies and gentlemen, Mr. Doug Stanhope.