Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 6:51 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Natural Proof for a Supernatural Being
Natural Proof for a Supernatural Being
Is there even any?

If you have some, show it to me please. What makes you believe that existence was intelligently designed?
If I were to create self aware beings knowing fully what they would do in their lifetimes, I sure wouldn't create a HELL for the majority of them to live in infinitely! That's not Love, that's sadistic. Therefore a truly loving god does not exist!

Quote:The sin is against an infinite being (God) unforgiven infinitely, therefore the punishment is infinite.

Dead wrong.  The actions of a finite being measured against an infinite one are infinitesimal and therefore merit infinitesimal punishment.

Quote:Some people deserve hell.

I say again:  No exceptions.  Punishment should be equal to the crime, not in excess of it.  As soon as the punishment is greater than the crime, the punisher is in the wrong.

[Image: tumblr_n1j4lmACk61qchtw3o1_500.gif]
RE: Natural Proof for a Supernatural Being
Nothing

Just as I suspected ^_^
If I were to create self aware beings knowing fully what they would do in their lifetimes, I sure wouldn't create a HELL for the majority of them to live in infinitely! That's not Love, that's sadistic. Therefore a truly loving god does not exist!

Quote:The sin is against an infinite being (God) unforgiven infinitely, therefore the punishment is infinite.

Dead wrong.  The actions of a finite being measured against an infinite one are infinitesimal and therefore merit infinitesimal punishment.

I say again:  No exceptions.  Punishment should be equal to the crime, not in excess of it.  As soon as the punishment is greater than the crime, the punisher is in the wrong.

Do you know what they call the "supernatural" when it's proven to exist?

"Natural".

Seriously, if ghosts, for example, were proven to exist, they could potentially be observed, then studied and then potentially understood and explained. We'd expect Dr. Venkman-like ectoplasm detector devices (or, if you prefer, the devices Sam and Dean use on "Supernatural"). If it exists, it can be demonstrated to scientists under peer review, at which point it gets brought into our understand of the natural order.
Atheist Forums Hall of Shame:
"The trinity can be equated to having your cake and eating it too."
...      -Lucent, trying to defend the Trinity concept
"(Yahweh's) actions are good because (Yahweh) is the ultimate standard of goodness. That’s not begging the question"
...       -Statler Waldorf, Christian apologist
I'm just asking for scientific observations of our world that points to a Creator.

Make sure you do something useful or fun while you're waiting. You don't want to waste too much time!
Oh come come now, I have an Area69 pass! Wink

Cosmic fine-tuning. Smile
(April 13, 2014 at 11:16 am)Luckie Wrote: I'm just asking for scientific observations of our world that points to a Creator.

Homosexuality proves God. Tongue I have a thread on that somewhere around here.
Atheist Forums Hall of Shame:
"The trinity can be equated to having your cake and eating it too."
...      -Lucent, trying to defend the Trinity concept
"(Yahweh's) actions are good because (Yahweh) is the ultimate standard of goodness. That’s not begging the question"
...       -Statler Waldorf, Christian apologist
Show me an example of this fine tuning, kind sir?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Natural family planning LinuxGal 75 7451 January 1, 2023 at 10:30 am
Last Post: LinuxGal
  Supernatural denial, atheistic hypocrisy? Victory123 56 9460 February 1, 2018 at 10:49 pm
Last Post: polymath257
  Wanted: Christians who reject the supernatural and a literal afterlife. Whateverist 48 12053 October 20, 2017 at 10:54 am
Last Post: Neo-Scholastic
  Ugandan Minister (and Catholic priest) says child rape is natural, if it's not gay Ryantology 19 6844 February 24, 2014 at 2:44 am
Last Post: Esquilax
  The Problem of Natural Evil BrianSoddingBoru4 37 12063 October 18, 2013 at 11:48 am
Last Post: freedomfromforum
  Has anyone ever found a way to reconsile being Gay/Bi/Lesbien and being a Christian? pop_punks_not_dead 102 43328 February 18, 2013 at 8:28 pm
Last Post: Drich
  Was the Exodus natural or supernatural, fact or fiction? Greatest I am 71 18656 February 9, 2013 at 10:02 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  1 Cor. 15:46-47 However, the spiritual is not first, but the natural; then the Spirit Gambit 22 12717 June 17, 2012 at 10:24 pm
Last Post: Taqiyya Mockingbird
  Evidence for God being "a superior being" ? Rwandrall 151 71684 June 12, 2011 at 6:00 am
Last Post: BethK