Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 7:14 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Spooky avatars are haunting me
Spooky avatars are haunting me
My avatar (excellent movie btw) seems to have some trouble with its non-contingent actuality since it now and again relapses to my old avatar. I did squeeze it from 26 dimensions into 2 but that oughta have no lasting effect, I think. IOW, why is my avatar going back between old en new avatar?
"I'm like a rabbit suddenly trapped, in the blinding headlights of vacuous crap" - Tim Minchin in "Storm"
Christianity is perfect bullshit, christians are not - Purple Rabbit, honouring CS Lewis
Faith is illogical - fr0d0
RE: Spooky avatars are haunting me
I had that too for a while, sometimes I saw the old clown avatar, and after a refresh I'd see the new cat avatar.
Best regards,
Leo van Miert
Horsepower is how hard you hit the wall --Torque is how far you take the wall with you
Pastafarian
I think time has become unstable, cause there's no way it's just the forums
It also happens on facebook. My avatar will spontaneously change for no apparent reason. Spooky.
binnyCoffee
Well if you upload a new avatar, it replaces the old one, so it's not a problem with the forums (since it can't display something that's been overwritten). Same with avatars that use a specific external url rather than uploading one.

I'd say it's down to the browser. Try clearing the cache completely, and then restarting the browser.
Well, I'm using Chrome now, while my new avatar was uploaded a while ago using Firefox.
"I'm like a rabbit suddenly trapped, in the blinding headlights of vacuous crap" - Tim Minchin in "Storm"
Christianity is perfect bullshit, christians are not - Purple Rabbit, honouring CS Lewis
Faith is illogical - fr0d0
Odd, but like I said, the file is completely replaced on the server, so it can't be a forum problem.
(December 28, 2009 at 6:30 pm)Tiberius Wrote: Odd, but like I said, the file is completely replaced on the server, so it can't be a forum problem.

Not necessarily odd assuming he imported browser data.
wow that does sound creepy.... IM NOT TAKING ANY CHANCES PPL, THIS IS MY AVATAR FOR LIFE! lol
Vampires will never hurt you.......Devil
At home I see bald cat and at work I see purple eye. Rabbit's form is contingent on my coordinates in space. I will use brane zeta on the A string and see what reverberations doth happen!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Gifs as avatars Bad Wolf 7 1534 May 18, 2014 at 2:00 pm
Last Post: Angrboda
  Animated gif avatars. leo-rcc 8 8565 May 16, 2010 at 12:33 pm
Last Post: Darwinian
  Add in small avatars to shoutbox Autumnlicious 4 2471 April 2, 2010 at 9:31 pm
Last Post: Autumnlicious
  Using Avatars Daystar 3 2876 December 29, 2008 at 9:15 pm
Last Post: Dotard