Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 3:33 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Darrell Trigg
Darrell Trigg
This guy running for president wants to save us all. From the Christian party we have a man saying he will ban all gay marriage, put Bible study back in school, and lock up cheaters. I wouldn't mind cheaters being dealt heavy fines actually, but the rest is straight from something I would expect from a silly SNL skit.

http://www.timesnews.net/article/9076402...-and-state

With all the steps forward we've taken, he'd like us to stop, reflect and walk back into hell times.
RE: Darrell Trigg
Locking up cheaters is a joke too. Fuck this guy. I might register to vote just to vote against him.
Oh...fucking Tennessee. Figures.
C. S. Lewis, of all people, said the following:

“Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience. They may be more likely to go to Heaven yet at the same time likelier to make a Hell of earth. This very kindness stings with intolerable insult. To be "cured" against one's will and cured of states which we may not regard as disease is to be put on a level of those who have not yet reached the age of reason or those who never will; to be classed with infants, imbeciles, and domestic animals.”
"Well, evolution is a theory. It is also a fact. And facts and theories are different things, not rungs in a hierarchy of increasing certainty. Facts are the world's data. Theories are structures of ideas that explain and interpret facts. Facts don't go away when scientists debate rival theories to explain them. Einstein's theory of gravitation replaced Newton's in this century, but apples didn't suspend themselves in midair, pending the outcome. And humans evolved from ape- like ancestors whether they did so by Darwin's proposed mechanism or by some other yet to be discovered."

-Stephen Jay Gould
I sincerely doubt he will even make it to the election.
"Never trust a fox. Looks like a dog, behaves like a cat."
~ Erin Hunter
Christie and Jeb are the most likely, but considering both have baggage I think our next president, barring any major gaffs is going to be Hillary. The republican field is a joke.
Annything can change between now and then, but I strongly suspect Hillary will be the next US president and that works fine for me.
Most of Trigg's agenda is unconstitutional.
Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
(May 3, 2014 at 5:05 pm)Chas Wrote: Most of Trigg's agenda is unconstitutional.

Since when have theists thought the constitution stated anything except what they thought it stated?
"Never trust a fox. Looks like a dog, behaves like a cat."
~ Erin Hunter
(May 3, 2014 at 5:06 pm)Kitanetos Wrote:
(May 3, 2014 at 5:05 pm)Chas Wrote: Most of Trigg's agenda is unconstitutional.

Since when have theists thought the constitution stated anything except what they thought it stated?

Well, there is that. Thinking
Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Normally I Think Darrell Issa is a Dick Minimalist 4 750 February 26, 2017 at 3:46 pm
Last Post: Minimalist