Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 26, 2024, 1:04 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Here Come Da Judge!
Here Come Da Judge!
http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2014/05/26/ms...ignite.com

Quote:A Mississippi judge was accused of striking a mentally disabled black man and yelling, “Run, n-gger, run.”

Oh.... Mississippi.

Quote:Under Mississippi law, elected justice court judges are required only to hold a high school diploma,

Figures.
RE: Here Come Da Judge!
(May 29, 2014 at 11:56 am)Minimalist Wrote:
Quote:Under Mississippi law, elected justice court judges are required only to hold a high school diploma,

Figures.

Mississippi has stronger requirements for judges then the SCOTUS. You don't even need to have graduated HS or have any training in law to be a Supreme Court Justice.

In the 1940s we had a justice who never graduated or attended law school.
Racial slur and slapping, and it's Mississippi. Hmmm, when did Mississippi start putting such flaming liberals on the bench ???

(probably not nice of me to be so sarcastic)
(May 29, 2014 at 1:28 pm)Heywood Wrote: In the 1940s we had a justice who never graduated or attended law school.

Oh yeah? Who? I know of two that didn't take a degree, but both studied. One was denied a degree only because he was underage.
(May 29, 2014 at 1:53 pm)Cato Wrote:
(May 29, 2014 at 1:28 pm)Heywood Wrote: In the 1940s we had a justice who never graduated or attended law school.

Oh yeah? Who? I know of two that didn't take a degree, but both studied. One was denied a degree only because he was underage.

James F Byrnes never graduated High School and never attended college or law school.
(May 29, 2014 at 2:20 pm)Heywood Wrote:
(May 29, 2014 at 1:53 pm)Cato Wrote: Oh yeah? Who? I know of two that didn't take a degree, but both studied. One was denied a degree only because he was underage.

James F Byrnes never graduated High School and never attended college or law school.

Disingenuous fact and ultimately meaningless in this discussion:
Quote: He later apprenticed to a lawyer – a not uncommon practice then – read for the law, and was admitted to the bar in 1903.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/James_F._Byrnes

You also conveniently left out the constitutional law experience he gained by serving in Congress for over two decades.
(May 29, 2014 at 3:03 pm)Cato Wrote:
(May 29, 2014 at 2:20 pm)Heywood Wrote: James F Byrnes never graduated High School and never attended college or law school.

Quote: He later apprenticed to a lawyer – a not uncommon practice then – read for the law, and was admitted to the bar in 1903.

You also conveniently left out the constitutional law experience he gained by serving in Congress for over two decades.

I left them out because those are not requirements either. Remember I claimed two things:
A)You do not need to have a HS diploma or any degree whatsoever to be a SCOTUS justice.
B)We have had at least one justice who had no HS diploma, college or law degree whatsoever.

Both of those claims are true.

The requirement for being an elected judge in Mississippi is more stringent then that of being a SCOTUS judge.

In principle, the president could nominate Honey Boo Boo to be a Supreme Court Justice. If the Senate confirms....she would be a Supreme Court Justice.
(May 29, 2014 at 3:03 pm)Cato Wrote:
(May 29, 2014 at 2:20 pm)Heywood Wrote: James F Byrnes never graduated High School and never attended college or law school.

You may not have noticed, but all of Heywood's facts are disingenuous.
(August 21, 2017 at 11:31 pm)KevinM1 Wrote: "I'm not a troll"
Religious Views: He gay

0/10

Hammy Wrote:and we also have a sheep on our bed underneath as well
(May 29, 2014 at 4:32 pm)Losty Wrote:
(May 29, 2014 at 3:03 pm)Cato Wrote: Disingenuous fact and ultimately meaningless in this discussion:

You may not have noticed, but all of Heywood's facts are disingenuous.

Losty, I am not sure if you qualify to be an elected judge in Mississippi.....but you sure do qualify to be a Supreme Court Justice.
I doubt that Woodie has ever met a fact.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  With All the Anti-QAnon Hate, How Come We Never Hear About Christian Zionism? Seax 21 1836 April 6, 2021 at 7:12 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  I Know This Won’t Come As A Shock BrianSoddingBoru4 13 816 February 15, 2021 at 4:19 pm
Last Post: Rev. Rye
  looks like the orange man group making a come back.. Drich 190 11000 December 25, 2020 at 10:03 am
Last Post: arewethereyet
  Political caricature: come, post and share. WinterHold 73 4819 November 3, 2020 at 10:33 am
Last Post: Angrboda
  Why you should fear Trump's pick for Supreme Court Judge Foxaèr 75 4209 October 31, 2020 at 10:52 am
Last Post: TaraJo
  I come to this hearing with the deepest sadness. onlinebiker 10 971 December 19, 2019 at 12:09 pm
Last Post: Mister Agenda
  Judge Tells The WLB to Go Fuck Himself Minimalist 0 867 October 25, 2018 at 5:18 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Maybe Kavanaugh will be the next liberal SCOTUS judge?? Jehanne 10 1371 October 6, 2018 at 1:40 pm
Last Post: Whateverist
  Four presidents come together to pay tribute Foxaèr 15 2796 April 23, 2018 at 1:09 pm
Last Post: mlmooney89
  The Rights disdain of Hillary, where does it come from? GODZILLA 89 11805 March 21, 2018 at 1:46 pm
Last Post: Neo-Scholastic