Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 26, 2024, 4:02 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Perfect Ideal World Created By Science
The Perfect Ideal World Created By Science
The world of religion (there being a God and an afterlife in which you experience eternal joy and no suffering) might actually become a reality here on Earth through science. When science has achieved absolute perfection many years from now, we will live in a world where all illnesses have been cured, we no longer have problems and negative emotions, and we might even have an artificially created God that can look after us, or even an artificial afterlife.

Now evolution has designed our brains to experience negative emotions. However, this fight or flight response is primitive (which is the reason why so many people have depression and anxiety disorders) and needs to be updated through science. Therefore, instead of having brains that evolution designed for us, we can instead choose to have brains how we want them to be through science. Therefore, we can even choose to have brains that no longer experience negative emotion or even brains that have a much higher capacity to experience pleasure in life than that of any normal human brain.

But this life as it is now and how it designed us sort of says the message to us: "We are insignificant creatures only designed for survival and to forever die in the end with no grand purpose. We are not meant to live a life of perfect joy and freedom and are designed to practically be slaves of our own negative emotional responses to life's struggles. And if a problem does happen in your life, well you are just going to have to live with and deal with it. And that even goes for any negative emotional responses you might have to these problems."

Now most atheists would adopt and accept this message of life. But I find it utterly degrading and inferior to who I am as a person. We as human beings are superior and this message of life is what is inferior and deserves to be eradicated through science. And science says so because it is trying to solve problems and achieve a life that is perfect and such with no problems. We as human beings with our human desires to achieve a perfect life with joy and such are trying to eradicate this inhuman message of life through science.

Most atheists would think that we are insignificant and don't deserve a life free of struggles. But that right there is an inhuman message that goes against who I am as a human being. Look at the worst suffering in this world and tell me that we don't deserve a life that is perfect with no problems with perfect enjoyment.

In conclusion, I wish to know if my post sort of changed your views as an atheist (not in terms of being someone who is more religious), but in other ways? If so or if not, could you explain why?

Edit: I realize that nothing has value, worth, or meaning. But I am someone who places great worth and value on human personality (who we are as human beings). And based on that worth and value, I then conclude that we are superior to this inferior message of life and that we do deserve a life of perfection and immortality. I am not some logical machine who will just look at someone who is, for example, loving and inspired, and say to them "Your personality is insignificant and is nothing more than the activity of atoms that is prone to a life of no meaning to suit your valued personality and is something that is just prone to death and no afterlife or God." Again, I am not saying that atheists who view life as having no value, worth, or meaning are in any sense logical machines.

Now we do have a sense of worth towards ourselves and others hence the reason why we care and help others and such in the first place. And that itself is worth something. So perceiving someone as being worthy is definitely worth something in this case. Therefore, to take this perception to the absolute extreme in saying that this person is worthy of a perfect life and immortality is the best sense of worth you can have. To say that we are not worthy of a perfect life and immortality is only demeaning our self-worth.

To me, just the act of perceiving someone as not worthy of a perfect life of immortality is, in fact, having a lesser sense of human value and worth no matter how much value and worth you have otherwise. Because if you had the best possible sense of value and worth possible, you would obviously view yourself and others as being worthy of these things. I believe what I just said to be logical and true. If you feel otherwise, then please explain why.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Statistics, the perfect weapon to justify hate? Ferrocyanide 12 1553 December 21, 2020 at 6:09 pm
Last Post: GUBU
  World War I, religion died in the 20th century, science triumphed in religion in the Interaktive 35 4234 December 24, 2019 at 10:50 am
Last Post: Interaktive
  Poll: 0.0% of Icelanders Under 25 Believe God Created The World blue grey brain 37 6394 January 24, 2019 at 6:30 pm
Last Post: GrandizerII
  Atheists come up with ideal god sinnerdaniel94 124 15975 October 12, 2015 at 1:19 pm
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  Atheism, perfect for exploration LivingNumbers6.626 2 632 June 13, 2014 at 7:44 am
Last Post: Holden Caulfield
  Observational Science vs. Historical Science?! Duke Guilmon 8 3371 April 27, 2014 at 6:53 pm
Last Post: MJ the Skeptical
  is there such thing as a perfect friend? leodeo 21 4659 February 26, 2014 at 10:09 am
Last Post: Marvin
  I know how the universe was created Chriswt 36 20789 November 27, 2012 at 5:04 pm
Last Post: Vincent Sauve
  A Near Perfect Reply To Creationists thesummerqueen 24 6717 February 24, 2012 at 11:41 am
Last Post: thesummerqueen
  the god created science argument xxxtobymac 76 23275 September 26, 2011 at 6:59 pm
Last Post: Epimethean