Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 26, 2024, 8:09 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Equality is a JOKE
Equality is a JOKE
I am all for equal rights, but I am seeing a rise in feminists who are screaming bloody murder over not having enough rights.

I love watching them, hearing them, and enjoying every minute of their rambles.

So here is why?

Because I love a good show. And if you think about it, equal rights is a joke, one we all know but don't really say much about.

For example a woman will scream, yell, and rant about equal rights and being treated as equals . . . but on a date.

If the man, does not pay good luck on the second date!

Where is that equal rights rant when the check comes?

More realistically though, Equal rights is a joke for more of a simple reason.

ever heard this ditty: "Women should have the same rights as men!"

They should. But wait did you catch it?

Let us zoom in and analyze this.

Basically it's segregation of rights, men have rights women have rights.

So equal rights should be HUMAN rights, not man or woman rights need not gender.

Equal rights means equal rights, but feminists don't want equal rights they want a continuation of rights beyond what they have.

If you are a divorced man, who has/had children, you know dang well you have about zero rights are are going to be burned.

Women have more access to aid if they are abused, men don't. (I was abused by an ex), they have more rights in the legal system, and don't get me started on divorce and child support because if you've been there you already know!

BUT if we all wanted equality we would throw out gender biaism, and stereotypes.

I am Bi I like to think that I see through both ends of the spectrum with unbiast views.

Should not equality be about equality and not 'gaining' edge over the other gender?

I had a friend in Germany who took this american girl (tourist) out on a date, she was mind blown when he asked for reimbursement for her dinner and trolly ride!

Equal should not have a gender, there should be no womans rights, or mens rights, everyone should have rights
[Image: 2jcyf5t.jpg]
RE: Equality is a JOKE
I'm a feminist, and I want equal rights. I go dutch on dates.

... and all ll I've seen you do on this forum is bitch bitch bitch. Boring.
Everyone should have rights. And women definitely have fewer of them than we do, overall. Can we stop making this a contest?
Steps to avoiding bullshit:

1. Don't deal with assholes if you can help it
2. Don't date assholes
3. If you're doing something that someone can pull a "he-said-she-said" on, video record it
(Case in point: There was a 16 year old boy who was assaulted by an older woman on the beach over his RC aircraft. She told the police he assaulted her, but because he had the video evidence, she was arrested and charged extra)
4. When in doubt, GTFO.

This has been your 15 seconds of pragmatism with Moros Synackaon.
Slave to the Patriarchy no more
(June 8, 2014 at 4:53 pm)rexbeccarox Wrote: I'm a feminist, and I want equal rights. I go dutch on dates.

^^^^^This^^^^^

I also open and hold doors for people, whatever their gender, and hope people will do it for me if they're going through the door.

Not because I expect it as a woman but out of a thing called courtesy.

I'm fortunate that I have pay equality with my male colleagues, though, at the beginning, even here, I had to work harder than many of them (not all, but many) because many careers are male dominated and there seems to be a "boys' club" mentality.

Yes, there are men hating feminists out there - just as there are women hating men out there.

And I don't expect to get special treatment because I have tits. I expect equal treatment because I'm a human, just like the humans who have dicks.
Dying to live, living to die.
CONTEXT, if we don't want theists lumping all atheists in as always agreeing "feminists" also have different sects as well.

I will always be for equal pay, but I do get a bit of a lip twitch when one women tells another how to dress or demands she not display her body. If women don't want men telling them what to wear then they should not be telling other women what to wear. Ultimately man or women, we are still individuals.

Men can be discriminated against too. I hate the hyper macho crap of "man up" as if every man has to be a super human robot showing no emotions or weakness.

"Liberal" is the same to me. I love the social aspects of protecting womens rights to control their own bodies, and gay rights, and even legalizing pot. But as I said recently in another thread, I hate both liberal theists and atheists who care more about cussing and blasphemy than the actual oppressive laws or violence done in the name of religion.

So it depends who the individual is for me.
(June 8, 2014 at 4:53 pm)rexbeccarox Wrote: I'm a feminist, and I want equal rights. I go dutch on dates.

I am so sorry I was not aware that you spoke for all the feminists out there, my apology I was blind to the ignorance of the statement. Should have worn a sign indicating you spoke on behalf of all the feminists out there.

I kindly redact my statement now that I know I humbly speak to the Ambassador of Feminism.

*bows formally*

Allow me to introduce myself, I am BlackSwordsman I speak on behalf of fathers everywhere, those who have had their lives destroyed in the court systems, those whom have had everything taken from them, etc.

If the above statement is laughable to you, than you kindly see how your statement of being a feminist is laughable to me. I am a man, so what?

Does that mean I speak for all men?

Didn't think so, try making a valid point next time Wink

I have a lot of respect for you, you seem like a decent person so be a bit more respectful next time.
[Image: 2jcyf5t.jpg]
Wow. You owe me a new irony meter. Eff off, dude. You have no respect for me. It's ok though. I have none for you either.
I agree the AMERICAN alimony/child support/custody system is a bit of an anachronism. It's terribly flawed and needs a major overhaul. But that is a whole different issue from feminism. Women deserve to be paid the same as men, they deserve to protected from sexual/physical harassment/violence at a rate representative of the risk they face, and they deserve not to be discriminated on the basis of their gender alone.

This isn't to say that women are the same as men. I think it's naive to think that. There are physical differences that make women better suited to certain jobs, and men better suited for others. They don't have to always be the same for things to be fair. A perfect example: women shouldn't be held to the same physical standards in the military. They are perfectly capable of performing at the same level (or better) for most military operations when they perform at a certain average percentage on those tests. And those numbers are lower than men's numbers, just by the sheer difference in physiology, and that's okay.
"There remain four irreducible objections to religious faith: that it wholly misrepresents the origins of man and the cosmos, that because of this original error it manages to combine the maximum servility with the maximum of solipsism, that it is both the result and the cause of dangerous sexual repression, and that it is ultimately grounded on wish-thinking." ~Christopher Hitchens, god is not Great

PM me your email address to join the Slack chat! I'll give you a taco(or five) if you join! --->There's an app and everything!<---
(June 8, 2014 at 9:58 pm)BlackSwordsman Wrote: I am so sorry I was not aware that you spoke for all the feminists out there, my apology I was blind to the ignorance of the statement. Should have worn a sign indicating you spoke on behalf of all the feminists out there.

I kindly redact my statement now that I know I humbly speak to the Ambassador of Feminism.

*bows formally*

Do you not see the hypocrisy in starting a thread by making hasty, blanket generalizations about all feminists, and then bitching someone out for what you perceive to be the same thing? Dodgy
"YOU take the hard look in the mirror. You are everything that is wrong with this world. The only thing important to you, is you." - ronedee

Want to see more of my writing? Check out my (safe for work!) site, Unprotected Sects!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  How to bring equality to man and woman. I have the solution Ramus932 4 551 June 13, 2020 at 9:12 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Create a Joke! chimp3 31 2335 August 31, 2016 at 6:13 am
Last Post: Expired
  Kung Fu Panda 2 joke Chad32 6 1099 October 18, 2015 at 6:11 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Naughty joke gubeym 15 2548 May 27, 2015 at 12:31 pm
Last Post: Pyrrho
  Right-wing writer kills himself after marriage equality passes Big Blue Sky 11 2917 May 28, 2013 at 10:12 pm
Last Post: dazzn
  Joke: the paradox little_monkey 1 1219 October 13, 2010 at 4:13 pm
Last Post: HeyItsZeus
  Joke of the Day.. Darwinian 11 4147 July 27, 2009 at 11:17 am
Last Post: Overmars