Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 2:23 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I've Decided
I've Decided
To apologize.

In the New Testament Jesus often warns of Hell and it seemed that I could be the same sort of example. That in some small way I could show u the path the way my Jesus Christ did. That was my pride and to my shame - my sin. I have let down my savior and I regret causing this much wrath.

I will not attempt to bring you to The Lord as I am unworthy to bring his message to you.

I am a foolish human born with a sinful nature. Try not to judge my Lord for my prideful error. He is great and I am small and loathsome in his eyes.
RE: I've Decided
The good cop/bad cop routine won't work on us.

Try a little critical thinking instead.
Your first misstep is to think that we haven't considered what's in the Bible, or haven't heard your death cult's threats before.

Your second misstep was to make a claim about the "darkness" and "pointlessness" of our lives, as if you know a fucking single thing about any of us.

Your (hopefully) last misstep was to actually think we give a shit about judging your sky daddy. We judge you. We judge you for your arrogance, for your haughty ego-driven need to "save" us, we judge you for the very idea that we need to be saved, and that it's up to you to decide that. We judge you for your admitted intellectual dishonesty, in giving up on critical thinking if it might upset your reality. Think about that: if an accurate appraisal of reality leads to something you don't want, you shut it down. That is disgusting to me, and a lot of us here. We judge YOU for those things, not Jesus. We couldn't give a shit less about Jesus.
"There remain four irreducible objections to religious faith: that it wholly misrepresents the origins of man and the cosmos, that because of this original error it manages to combine the maximum servility with the maximum of solipsism, that it is both the result and the cause of dangerous sexual repression, and that it is ultimately grounded on wish-thinking." ~Christopher Hitchens, god is not Great

PM me your email address to join the Slack chat! I'll give you a taco(or five) if you join! --->There's an app and everything!<---
(June 14, 2014 at 3:54 pm)Eye of God Wrote: I am a foolish human born with a sinful nature.
This is the single most vile thing religion has done to humanity. Take a bunch of people who really haven't done anything wrong, convince them they are vile, base creatures then "sell" them the "only cure."

The only thing worse than the confidence game called religion is the willful ignorance used in it's defense.

(June 14, 2014 at 3:54 pm)Eye of God Wrote: Try not to judge my Lord for my prideful error. He is great and I am small and loathsome in his eyes.
Again with the vile, base creature teachings. Banghead

Don't worry. No one will judge your gawd by your actions. It does a good enough job coming off as a monstrous beast without any help at all. Angel
Thief and assassin for hire. Member in good standing of the Rogues Guild.
In another topic you told us you hope your God never commands you to kill people you have nothing against. Now you're feeling small, loathsome and unworthy in his eyes. I'm so glad that your religion is bringing you such inner peace and joy. Rolleyes
Badger Badger Badger Badger Where are the snake and mushroom smilies?
*enters*

*reads*

*leaves the pity party*
"Never trust a fox. Looks like a dog, behaves like a cat."
~ Erin Hunter
I have to ask myself: Do I care?
Christians - if God said to you "do you think Hell is a good thing? I can get rid of it if you want and everyone gets to go to Heaven" would you choose to keep it or not?
[Image: flying-fuck_o_1349383.jpg]
(June 14, 2014 at 3:54 pm)Eye of God Wrote: To apologize.

In the New Testament Jesus often warns of Hell and it seemed that I could be the same sort of example. That in some small way I could show u the path the way my Jesus Christ did. That was my pride and to my shame - my sin. I have let down my savior and I regret causing this much wrath.

I will not attempt to bring you to The Lord as I am unworthy to bring his message to you.

I am a foolish human born with a sinful nature. Try not to judge my Lord for my prideful error. He is great and I am small and loathsome in his eyes.

Not to worry, you haven't let your savior down. Jesus is in peaceful oblivion and has no idea that you lived let alone let him down. He like every other dead person feels exactly the way you did before you were born--nothing.

It's less that you are unworthy, and more that god (in the extremely unlikely event that he exists) didn't give you much ammunition. A self-contradictory book, with barbarian morals, which flat out contradicts scientific fact, plus a feeling in your heart aren't much more than a squirt gun in the face of the practical results of reason and the empirical scientific method.

People who are avowed atheists and participate in atheist forums aren't going to be swayed, because you believe. Trust me on this, we all know lots and lots of people who believe. Most of us grew up with religion and we know the story all of the stories (you all have number of different stories). We just don't believe in them for very good rational reasons.

Science provides demonstrable practical results. God does not. Science can develop independently in different part of the world to reach the same results. God does not. Science tends to contradict god. This is because science is in the real world and god is not.

Many of us (not me) were once believers and feel better (not worse) having rid our mental attics of the all-loving-god/boggy man in the Bible. Most of us grew us in religious households. We know the story. Having questioned it we often know it better than believers. I don't know many believers who have actually read the whole Bible or who know much church history. But I have, and I do.

Christian apologists have rarely read much science. Science departments and seminaries breed atheists. One provides facts about the real world, the other facts about the Bible.
If there is a god, I want to believe that there is a god.  If there is not a god, I want to believe that there is no god.