Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 26, 2024, 8:08 am

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3.5 Average
So, the SCOTUS sided with Hobby Lobby
So, the SCOTUS sided with Hobby Lobby
What do you think of that?
I'm not anti-Christian. I'm anti-stupid.
RE: So, the SCOTUS sided with Hobby Lobby
I have no idea what that means Smile
(June 30, 2014 at 11:57 am)Insanity Wrote: I have no idea what that means Smile

He's Mister Agenda , he has a secret agenda Tongue
[Image: eUdzMRc.gif]
It means The Supreme Court has ruled that some for profit companies do not have to pay for certain kinds of employee contraceptives (morning after pill) under The Affordable Care Act (Obama Care). More broadly it means that closely held (few stockholders) corporations have the right to religious freedom under the 1st Amendment. http://www.cnn.com/2014/06/30/politics/s...raception/
If there is a god, I want to believe that there is a god.  If there is not a god, I want to believe that there is no god.
I'm very torn on this. I generally support private enterprises being able to do what they want...but then again it's under a federal program...then again I'm not 100% on board with all of Obamacare...then again I don't give a crap about religious beliefs...then again..
Bleh, at least their decision was very narrowly defined, i.e. specifically only for the morning after pill (I believe), so Jehovah's Witnesses can't refuse blood transfusions, Catholics can't refuse condoms, etc.
In every country and every age, the priest had been hostile to Liberty.
- Thomas Jefferson
(June 30, 2014 at 12:20 pm)Jenny A Wrote: It means The Supreme Court has ruled that some for profit companies do not have to pay for certain kinds of employee contraceptives (morning after pill) under The Affordable Care Act (Obama Care). More broadly it means that closely held (few stockholders) corporations have the right to religious freedom under the 1st Amendment. http://www.cnn.com/2014/06/30/politics/s...raception/

Aaaah, I see. To me SCOTUS sounded like a military group and I was a bit confused why a hobby shop would need a private army. That's pretty shitty, sounds like they fail to see their employees as anything other than automatons made to do their bidding. Hopefully they end up with employees as ignorant as themselves.
Supreme Court Rulings:

Yesterday:
"Corporations are people too."

Today:
"Corporations have religious freedom."

Tomorrow:
"Corporations have voting rights."
Atheist Forums Hall of Shame:
"The trinity can be equated to having your cake and eating it too."
...      -Lucent, trying to defend the Trinity concept
"(Yahweh's) actions are good because (Yahweh) is the ultimate standard of goodness. That’s not begging the question"
...       -Statler Waldorf, Christian apologist
(June 30, 2014 at 12:45 pm)Insanity Wrote:
(June 30, 2014 at 12:20 pm)Jenny A Wrote: It means The Supreme Court has ruled that some for profit companies do not have to pay for certain kinds of employee contraceptives (morning after pill) under The Affordable Care Act (Obama Care). More broadly it means that closely held (few stockholders) corporations have the right to religious freedom under the 1st Amendment. http://www.cnn.com/2014/06/30/politics/s...raception/

Aaaah, I see. To me SCOTUS sounded like a military group and I was a bit confused why a hobby shop would need a private army. That's pretty shitty, sounds like they fail to see their employees as anything other than automatons made to do their bidding. Hopefully they end up with employees as ignorant as themselves.
Heh, Hobby Lobby's army would be....Toy Soldiers? Big Grin
In every country and every age, the priest had been hostile to Liberty.
- Thomas Jefferson
The same bunch of shitwits who ruled that corporations have a right of "free speech" has now ruled that corporations can have "religious values."

They continually elevate corporations above actual people.

You can all decide for yourselves why they do this.

I hold that they are a bunch of fascist shits who always side with "business."
(June 30, 2014 at 12:46 pm)FatAndFaithless Wrote: Heh, Hobby Lobby's army would be....Toy Soldiers? Big Grin
With a functional RC tank division and airforce I assume.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Hobby Lobby Manowar 4 973 July 17, 2014 at 5:02 pm
Last Post: ShaMan