Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 26, 2024, 2:58 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Regarding Jesus
Regarding Jesus
Solely considering the historical perspective and reliable inductive evidence, did Jesus Christ exist? Under what circumstances? What's the safest conclusion we can reach?
Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you

RE: Regarding Jesus
Archetype

Amalgamation
No contemporary accounts of the historical Jesus. None. In the best documented century in antiquity, christers got nothing!

That being said, was there a Jewish Rabbi names Yeshua running around the desert on whom the myths were modeled? Perhaps. It's more likely there were many sources made into a composite character.
Thief and assassin for hire. Member in good standing of the Rogues Guild.
He may have been one of the zillion David Koresh types, or a hippie sort that got blown way out of proportion over the years. Maybe he was a David Copperfield like person. With all the bullshit that comes along with Christianity, and the bible in general, it's hard to believe he was ever real in the first place though.

If he was a real man, I think he sounds more like a liberal, so it is quite confusing why he has so many conservative followers often leaning the exact opposite of what he would have likely would be preaching about if he was alive today. But then again he hates Fig trees so he was pretty whacko, and all over the place. I suppose that was the fault of multiple writers trying to create the same character, but each having their own ideas.
Phony as a $3 bill.
I think a more interesting question to ask is why should anybody care?
He who loves God cannot endeavour that God should love him in return - Baruch Spinoza
No one used the letter "J" in words until around the Late Middle Ages. So Jesus had another alias before that time.
Iesou.
Tom does not equal Dick.

If there is a god, I want to believe that there is a god.  If there is not a god, I want to believe that there is no god.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  2011 post from Facebook regarding 2012 "rapture" Foxaèr 1 567 May 23, 2018 at 10:25 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Question for Christians regarding elimination of Sin ErGingerbreadMandude 11 2766 January 29, 2017 at 4:25 pm
Last Post: The Wise Joker
  Challenge regarding Christian morality robvalue 170 35957 February 16, 2015 at 10:17 am
Last Post: Tonus
  In Christianity, Does Jesus' Soul Have Anything To Do With Why Jesus Is God? JesusIsGod7 18 7241 October 7, 2014 at 12:58 pm
Last Post: JesusHChrist
  Serious Query Regarding Jesus Orion3T 52 19976 April 1, 2012 at 11:31 pm
Last Post: zip_ster
  Regarding the meaning of adelphos in Galations 1:19 Barre 8 2662 December 10, 2011 at 4:44 am
Last Post: Barre
  Jesus the Spiritual Warrior vs Jesus the Sacrificial Lamb Dosaiah 8 7384 December 5, 2010 at 2:47 pm
Last Post: Minimalist