Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 26, 2024, 8:13 am

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
OCD nightmares
OCD nightmares
Really, if you have OCD, try to avoid this!

RE: OCD nightmares
I don't think I have any disorders but that gave me the shits anyway!
Something unnatural about it all.
No God, No fear.
Know God, Know fear.
The floor tile ones drive my nuts, but the absolute worst is people who wear their socks on the wrong feet. Ugh :/
(August 21, 2017 at 11:31 pm)KevinM1 Wrote: "I'm not a troll"
Religious Views: He gay

0/10

Hammy Wrote:and we also have a sheep on our bed underneath as well
I know a couple guys with 'severe' OCD. One of them has a sense of humor about it, and I don't mind being around him. The other one is humorless about it and IMO, extremely annoying to be around.

For a time, I would always eat M&Ms in groups of 3, and always 2 of one color and the the third of another, just to annoy another friend of mine. He would just cringe watching me sort the damn things, it was so funny.

Am I a poe OCD ???

Wink Shades
lol. I really do eat my food separate(ie. Spaghetti and meatballs I eat meat then mushrooms then spaghetti), but not as far as separating out m&ms. I'll eat a salad all together. I think a lot of people who are accused of being OCD are really just quirky.
(August 21, 2017 at 11:31 pm)KevinM1 Wrote: "I'm not a troll"
Religious Views: He gay

0/10

Hammy Wrote:and we also have a sheep on our bed underneath as well
One more?

Remember Younger Bear in Little Big Man ?

(the most dangerous kind of Indian there is, a Contrary?)

I know someone like that. He is, as far as I know, unaware of the native American descriptions of his condition, notably Lame Deer's. And I am probably not qualified to make an official diagnosis, still, the parallels are numerous.

It's too bad my friend wasn't raised in an American tribal area and his gift noticed (he's 1/4 Native American). Outside of those places, he doesn't come across as 'mentally disturbed' or 'crazy', but when he is having trouble comporting himself by suppressing the 'Contrary' he can be puzzling to be around.

I think the Contrary thing is rather more complex than just 'consciously' having an 'overlay' to act backwards in a given situation. Rather, I think he experiences aspects of the world backwards. Wearing a sweater in the summer because he is cold, wearing very little in the winter because he is hot.

I have some old photos of us out squirrel hunting in the fall. (taken before I figured out the 'Contrary' thing) and I am wearing an unzipped windbreaker. He is wearing a parka, the pictures show leaves on the trees and green grass, it couldn't have been too late in the year. I recall him frequently driving his station wagon (he was single with no kids, so his car was opposite of what he needed) in the winter time with the windows down.

I think his dating me (a same sex relationship) might have been part of his Contrary experience too.

I've been out of touch with him for many years, I hope he has found an accommodation in life and is happy.
Lack of symmetry has always bothered me.

The picture with the tower would not be allowed to exist in my presence. I don't see a way to correct that, so it must be destroyed.
Poe's Law: "Without a winking smiley or other blatant display of humor, it is impossible to create a parody of Fundamentalism that SOMEONE won't mistake for the real thing."

10 Christ-like figures that predate Jesus. Link shortened to Chris ate Jesus for some reason...
http://listverse.com/2009/04/13/10-chris...ate-jesus/

Good video to watch, if you want to know how common the Jesus story really is.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=88GTUXvp-50

A list of biblical contradictions from the infallible word of Yahweh.
http://infidels.org/library/modern/jim_m...tions.html

Does the gentleman 'dress to the left' or 'dress to the right' ???
My OCD only kicks in when I play Tetris... Undecided