Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 29, 2024, 2:23 am

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
About Jesus!
About Jesus!
Firstly, I will state that I believe Jesus was a real person. Secondly, I believe he was crusified. Thirdly, I do not believe he rose from the dead. Forthly, I do not believe in the holy ghost.

Ok, after all that I have a question.

Why do you think only 12 (was it 12?) people actually believed in Jesus when he was alive?

Would't you think if he new something, more people would have recognised this when he was alive and followed him?

No, instaed they strung him to a cross! It's a bit strange.....
RE: About Jesus!
What my brother thinks is strange is why a 30 year old rabbi during that time was unmarried and hung around with 12 dudes.
binnyCoffee
ib.me.ub the bible clearly states in many places that it was way more than just 12 people that believed in Jesus when he was alive. Aside from his 12 apostles he had a huge following according to the New Testament, although I personally believe that most of the stories told of him were fictional. I am one of the few atheist on this site that does not believe that Jesus ever existed and I have many reasons for those convictions as well.

Here are some biblical texts to dispute your claim that he only had 12 followers:

Matthew 4:25
And there followed him great multitudes of people from Galilee, and from Decapolis, and from Jerusalem, and from Judaea, and from beyond Jordan.

Matthew 8:1
When he was come down from the mountain, great multitudes followed him.

Matthew 15:30
And great multitudes came unto him, having with them those that were lame, blind, dumb, maimed, and many others, and cast them down at Jesus' feet; and he healed them:

There are many more but I think that this short list should suffice to prove my point. The real question we should be asking is that if he was so great and did so many signs and wonders and had such large multitudes following him (the bible at times numbers them in the thousands) why was there not a revolt during his capture? Where were all these people that were so moved and greatly benefited from his ministry? Any Christian would reply that he died because that was the will of the father etc. but from a logical standpoint it makes no sense that no one tried to save him. Even the twelve were scattered when he was allegedly captured and crucified, one killed himself and the others just ran and hid.
There is nothing people will not maintain when they are slaves to superstition

http://chatpilot-godisamyth.blogspot.com/

And, If I'm not mistaken, Jesus also had a following of no less than 70 or 72 (depending on the manuscript) followers (according to Luke 10).
Comparing the Universal Oneness of All Life to Yo Mama since 2010.

[Image: harmlesskitchen.png]

I was born with the gift of laughter and a sense the world is mad.
(January 13, 2010 at 1:09 pm)binny Wrote: What my brother thinks is strange is why a 30 year old rabbi during that time was unmarried and hung around with 12 dudes.

Jesus the faggott?
(January 13, 2010 at 6:38 pm)Minimalist Wrote:
(January 13, 2010 at 1:09 pm)binny Wrote: What my brother thinks is strange is why a 30 year old rabbi during that time was unmarried and hung around with 12 dudes.
Jesus the faggott?

More like Jesus "Bros-before-hos" Christ, hanging out while chewing on the good hallucinogenic stuff.
(January 13, 2010 at 5:54 pm)Rev. Rye Wrote: And, If I'm not mistaken, Jesus also had a following of no less than 70 or 72 (depending on the manuscript) followers (according to Luke 10).

Well, even 70 dosen't seem like alot. Out of the entire known World, a whole 70 believed in him!

Apart from anything else, this gives you a good representation of human behaviour considering, today, almost everybody knows who he was. It shows us how a good story mixed with elements of of human fear instinct (of death) can lead to mass brain washing by the established church.
Hey 500 others saw him ascend into the clouds upon his departure from earth! Although they either were all illiterate or were not impressed with his display of supernatural power lol. Good one Synakaon lmfao!!
There is nothing people will not maintain when they are slaves to superstition

http://chatpilot-godisamyth.blogspot.com/

The odd thing is that there are no contemporary records of his life.

Nothing appears about him until about 50 years after his death.

Not even the Catholic church possess records from when he was alive.
[Image: mybannerglitter06eee094.gif]
If you're not supposed to ride faster than your guardian angel can fly then mine had better get a bloody SR-71.
(January 13, 2010 at 9:06 pm)chatpilot Wrote: Hey 500 others saw him ascend into the clouds upon his departure from earth! Although they either were all illiterate or were not impressed with his display of supernatural power lol. Good one Synakaon lmfao!!

Or, its just more bullshit invented later to juice up the story.