Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 29, 2024, 4:46 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What Christians think of atheists
What Christians think of atheists
So I was browsing some Christian forums and found this thread. It sums up pretty well what Christians think about atheists, and it fits the typical stereotype.

See for yourself - http://www.christianforumsite.com/thread...sts.38504/

Here is the opening of the thread:
Quote:Is there such a thing?

With evidence of God from 1. intelligent design available simply by looking at the palm of our hand (http://realtruth.org...03-science.html) and 2. the simple math in a realm limited by the laws of physics (0+0 does never equal 1), who in their right mind can honestly deny the existence of God? We should all in the least, be agnostics.

Christians are biased indeed! Because Jesus changed our lives. We can no longer doubt after 1 Cor 12:3. Similar to Peter's experience in Matt 16:16-17. We either had the revelation from the Holy Spirit that Jesus is more then a mortal man that walked the Earth or we have not. If we have and are now rebelling against God, we are simply liars.

A baby doesn't reach the age of understanding and suddenly conclude there is no God. Likewise conclude that Jesus is God. Without outside influence. But someone reaching the age of understanding with no outside influence can conclude there is a God from simply looking at themselves in the mirror.

Every atheist is influenced to be biased. The first question we need to ask them is 'why the bias'. There has to be a reason for the bias.

It is my conclusion that every atheist who is an ex-Christian is blaming God for something. Now if we would hear unbiased judgement of God, we may believe them more. But any discussion with an atheist that lasts longer then a minute reveals extremely biased and false judgement. They are all too eager to bash Christianity for a reason.

There is hence, no such thing as an honest atheist. They are all dishonest. Now if only they can be honest with themselves. After a while, God gives us over to the tripe we want to brainwash our minds with. Atheism is the 'go to belief' for all who take offence with God.

They are all ignoring / stalling the need to deal with 1 Cor 11:31 For if we would judge ourselves, we should not be judged. When you don't want to get on your knees and deal with your sin, you entertain atheism. It provides a distraction from reality and impending judgement day. Kind of like being a drunkard when in poverty.
Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you

RE: What Christians think of atheists
-Tells a group of bobble heads what we should all believe
-Pleads magic and the reliability of magical experiences with regards to informing our view of reality
-Makes a special exception for their religion after arguing so competently in criticism of it in the previous breath.
-Yes...that is a good question...now turn that inquisitive light inwards friend
-Strawmans -every atheist alive-. Impressive.
-Little ad hom icing, sure, why the hell not...we've gone this far haven't we?
-Pious prattle Jerkoff Where's the damned amen.....?
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
Yet, if you call them idiots like I do in my life, they seem to call that I should respect their beliefs. My life is so much fun. Family or not, they will have to reciprocate said respect to MY opinion that they are full of shit. I could put some kids gloves, given my family, but I prefer to tell them what I believe than to lie just to make them confortable about their vaunted fantasy.
Well, to be fair, don't we, as atheists, tend to stereotype Christians and other believers? Be honest - we're notorious for painting believers with a VERY broad brush.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
Well, that is true. We do paint them in the fanboys they are for a particular story. What amazes me the most is the stupidity wield by them proclaiming their bullshit. I might consider them seriously, given ANY evidence...
(July 20, 2014 at 3:25 pm)Rhythm Wrote: -Tells a group of bobble heads what we should all believe
-Pleads magic and the reliability of magical experiences with regards to informing our view of reality
-Makes a special exception for their religion after arguing so competently in criticism of it in the previous breath.
-Yes...that is a good question...now turn that inquisitive light inwards friend
-Strawmans -every atheist alive-. Impressive.
-Little ad hom icing, sure, why the hell not...we've gone this far haven't we?
-Pious prattle Jerkoff Where's the damned amen.....?
I always find fascinating how all believers of a specific religion believe their faith is the one and only truthful to god. After all, shouldn't a person wonder 'I preach this, but the other guy preaches another stuff, this other stuff claims to be right too, why?
Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you

(July 20, 2014 at 4:02 pm)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote: Well, to be fair, don't we, as atheists, tend to stereotype Christians and other believers? Be honest - we're notorious for painting believers with a VERY broad brush.

Boru
I've never found the need. Any brush a christian gets painted with in a conversation with me is one of their own choosing. I know better than to assume that they agree on even the most minor statement. Save one....in my comment.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
(July 20, 2014 at 4:02 pm)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote: Well, to be fair, don't we, as atheists, tend to stereotype Christians and other believers? Be honest - we're notorious for painting believers with a VERY broad brush.

Boru

I agree that it happens a disturbing amount. It's because it's easier to argue against a stereotype than deal with someone's actual position.

However the post here is particularly endemic of such a thing. They don't have to argue with us because don't even exist! I also like the touch that we should all be agnostics at the least. Really assholes? If there were all this evidence of god that you claim (with mandatory meaningless bible quotes) then agnosticism is just as illogical. Lets say the evidence of god was just as good as the evidence of toasters. Would someone who denied the existence of toasters make any more or less sense than someone who wasn't sure whether or not they existed? No. The real reason Christians perfer dealing with an agnostic is that an agnostic is less likely to straight up tell them to their face that they are wrong. Christians executed people for centuries for telling them they are wrong about even small parts of their doctrinal nonsense. It's always been a very insecure religion.

There is one thing that I wanted to add though that I think clearly distinguished Christian straw-manning from Atheist straw-manning is that Atheists by and large give Christians a chance to respond. Most Christian forums ban anyone who disagree with them and most Atheist forums welcome outside opinion and have a respect for free speech.
[Image: dcep7c.jpg]
Wishful thinking and a lot of attacks on a position much more logically valid? From a bunch of Christians wishing to pat themselves on the back about how amazing they are to be among their god's chosen few?

How very un-like them.

It's really easy to demolish their assertion that atheists are simply 'angry' at this god character (whatever that is). I've been an atheist my entire life. Never once formed any sort of positive belief about a deity. The first time I was introduced to a 'god' was at primary school by an evangelical Christian head teacher, and even back then I can remember thinking it was absurd.

It must get tiring having the supposed 'factual' foundation for your beliefs shot down repeatedly, though. I know I'd be tired.
Love atheistforums.org? Consider becoming a patreon and helping towards our server costs.

[Image: 146748944129044_zpsomrzyn3d.gif]
Quote:There is one thing that I wanted to add though that I think clearly distinguished Christian straw-manning from Atheist straw-manning is that Atheists by and large give Christians a chance to respond. Most Christian forums ban anyone who disagree with them and most Atheist forums welcome outside opinion and have a respect for free speech.

And most anti-theist, even the most extreme ones will at most write a few books and give lectures ridiculing religion. Fundamentalist religious will execute non believers. There is a thick line between both. I don't know any atheist who defends executing believers for believing

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Do you think Atheists are stupid? Authari 121 5441 January 4, 2024 at 7:35 pm
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus
  360 Million Christians Suffering Persecution: why arent Atheists helping? Nishant Xavier 48 2106 July 16, 2023 at 10:05 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  What do atheists think of pagans and wiccans Woah0 56 3877 September 18, 2022 at 5:32 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Atheists, do you think Florence Nightingale was a way better person than that fraud Kimbu42 6 996 October 11, 2021 at 9:43 am
Last Post: Fireball
  Do Christians really contribut to society more than atheists Asmodee 12 4477 June 27, 2018 at 1:19 am
Last Post: Anomalocaris
  Why do so many Christians claim to be former Atheists? Cecelia 42 6199 April 1, 2018 at 9:03 pm
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  I enjoy far right atheists more than lgbt marxist atheists Sopra 4 2206 February 28, 2018 at 9:09 pm
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  Why do atheists think Original Sin isn't real? ErGingerbreadMandude 34 6758 January 21, 2017 at 5:31 pm
Last Post: vorlon13
  When Atheists Can't Think Episode 1: No Evidence for God? Delicate 510 86348 December 30, 2015 at 4:48 pm
Last Post: Mister Agenda
  When Atheists Can't Think Episode 2: Proving Atheism False Heat 18 3401 December 22, 2015 at 12:42 pm
Last Post: Edwardo Piet