Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 27, 2024, 4:24 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Samsung Galaxy S5 v. LG G3
Samsung Galaxy S5 v. LG G3
Anyone have one or the other (or both) and have thoughts? My main concerns are camera, then just general performance and convenience.
RE: Samsung Galaxy S5 v. LG G3
I won't buy anything that is LG.
Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you

@Blackout
-I won't buy anything that is LG.
Why? Bad experience with its products? Or something else?
I have the G2, and I like it a lot. My only issue with it was when Verizon did an OTA update and it f'ed up my screen a bit. But they replaced it for free, so no lasting issues.
"There remain four irreducible objections to religious faith: that it wholly misrepresents the origins of man and the cosmos, that because of this original error it manages to combine the maximum servility with the maximum of solipsism, that it is both the result and the cause of dangerous sexual repression, and that it is ultimately grounded on wish-thinking." ~Christopher Hitchens, god is not Great

PM me your email address to join the Slack chat! I'll give you a taco(or five) if you join! --->There's an app and everything!<---
Neither. HTC One MAX all the way. Never been more satisfied. But, on a more serious note, I would never go LG.
"Just call me Bruce Wayne. I'd rather be Batman."
@ blackout - we have a LG bluray/surround sound system with wifi and it works well. I don't have regular TV. We just watch series on Netflix streaming through the LG.

@ Q1C - I really wanted to like the HTC One M8, but as I said, the camera is important to me and they screwed themselves by putting in a 5 MP camera. I realize that MP isn't everything, and that they used larger but fewer sensors, but 5? I'm sure it's fine for posting to FB, but if you wanted to crop a little and make a print, the sharpness and detail aren't going to be there.

Anyway, we ended up going with the LG (on T-Mobile). So far it's really slick.
(August 12, 2014 at 8:27 am)alpha male Wrote: @ blackout - we have a LG bluray/surround sound system with wifi and it works well. I don't have regular TV. We just watch series on Netflix streaming through the LG.

@ Q1C - I really wanted to like the HTC One M8, but as I said, the camera is important to me and they screwed themselves by putting in a 5 MP camera. I realize that MP isn't everything, and that they used larger but fewer sensors, but 5? I'm sure it's fine for posting to FB, but if you wanted to crop a little and make a print, the sharpness and detail aren't going to be there.

Anyway, we ended up going with the LG (on T-Mobile). So far it's really slick.

Oh yes, I neglected that part. I know nothing more than the commercials produced by LG anymore, but it's new phone's camara does look pretty awesome. I'd love to see some of the shots you make with it. Do you use drop box?
"Just call me Bruce Wayne. I'd rather be Batman."

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Samsung Gear VR Heat 15 2070 December 27, 2015 at 3:17 pm
Last Post: dyresand
  Galaxy Nexus fuckass365 4 1205 May 24, 2012 at 10:43 pm
Last Post: fuckass365