Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 26, 2024, 2:38 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hey Anti-Theists! Prove Your Claim
Hey Anti-Theists! Prove Your Claim
Sorry I couldn't resist making fun of the inane "Hey Atheists..." titled threads. Anyway...

For those of you that self-describe as anti-theists, you face the same burden of proof as believers. So, please share the compelling proof or evidence that you believe disproves the existence of a god or gods.
RE: Hey Anti-Theists! Prove Your Claim
That's not the anti-theist position, dolt. I would remain an anti-theist...even if there were a god.....and even more stringently so. I don't bow the knee to tyranny by sheer force of it's existence. Reach down and grab your nuts, bro.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
Every time I decide to prove that god doesn't exist, the invisible leprechaun on my shoulder glares at me. I'm not sure what it is he wants, but he scares the shit out of me. So I just close the thread and wait for my heart to stop racing.

Umm... I don't think he liked this post. AT ALL.
"Well, evolution is a theory. It is also a fact. And facts and theories are different things, not rungs in a hierarchy of increasing certainty. Facts are the world's data. Theories are structures of ideas that explain and interpret facts. Facts don't go away when scientists debate rival theories to explain them. Einstein's theory of gravitation replaced Newton's in this century, but apples didn't suspend themselves in midair, pending the outcome. And humans evolved from ape- like ancestors whether they did so by Darwin's proposed mechanism or by some other yet to be discovered."

-Stephen Jay Gould
He should, Lugh is a fucking badass from way back. You're likely to get a spear to the eye if you piss him off.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
(August 11, 2014 at 12:38 pm)ChadWooters Wrote: Sorry I couldn't resist making fun of the inane "Hey Atheists..." titled threads. Anyway...

For those of you that self-describe as anti-theists, you face the same burden of proof as believers. So, please share the compelling proof or evidence that you believe disproves the existence of a god or gods.

An anti-theist is someone who doesn't think anyone should be a theist.

It tends to be conflated with 'anti-religious'.

But it's not the same thing as strong atheist, so there's really nothing for the anti-theists to prove, unless you want them to say something to prove they think theism should be avoided by all right-thinking folks. Cool Shades
I'm not anti-Christian. I'm anti-stupid.
(August 11, 2014 at 12:38 pm)ChadWooters Wrote: For those of you that self-describe as anti-theists, you face the same burden of proof as believers. So, please share the compelling proof or evidence that you believe disproves the existence of a god or gods.

Show me your compelling proof or evidence that R'hllor, the Lord of Light, doesn't exist.
Poor Chad...so desperate...so fucked up.
Luckily my claim, which is that religion does more harm than good in the world, is pretty easy to prove if you google historical and even current events regarding religion. One might say that there's a difference between religion and a personal relationship with the lord, but seeing as the lord started all this, and his followers are killing each other as well as non abrahamic religious people, I'd say he's not very competent.

My anti theism doesn't have much, if anything, to do with Yahweh's or Jesus' existence. It's more about what people have done in the name of this god that likely doesn't exist.
Poe's Law: "Without a winking smiley or other blatant display of humor, it is impossible to create a parody of Fundamentalism that SOMEONE won't mistake for the real thing."

10 Christ-like figures that predate Jesus. Link shortened to Chris ate Jesus for some reason...
http://listverse.com/2009/04/13/10-chris...ate-jesus/

Good video to watch, if you want to know how common the Jesus story really is.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=88GTUXvp-50

A list of biblical contradictions from the infallible word of Yahweh.
http://infidels.org/library/modern/jim_m...tions.html

(August 11, 2014 at 12:38 pm)ChadWooters Wrote: Sorry I couldn't resist making fun of the inane "Hey Atheists..." titled threads. Anyway...

OK..
1. God's most faithful fans, millions of them, cannot provide any un-impeached evidence of his existence.

2. The terms are posited vaguely to include extraneous "god" definitions and I view this as dishonest. My wife may be a "Goddess" of love but that is not what I refer to when I claim to be an anti-theist. My claim of anti-theism is not just that no evidence of any familiar gods is known contrary to the claims by theists, but that theism is bad for both society and individuals.

3. Religion is a psychological con game, where the religious hierarchy lie to gain the workers pay. Evidence of this is by my personal observation. Additional evidence could be easily verified by the IRS.
Find the cure for Fundementia!
About god belief, my only suggestion is to do it well or don't do it at all. I have no beef with theists who play well with others, don't repress the human spirit of their children and don't act as though they have the answer to questions they don't even understand. I'm against mainstream stupid religious institutions which really hurt people. But I'm unaware of any way to end them which wouldn't have the opposite effect. So it is probably more productive to call for better theology rather than providing material for rallying cries and feelings of persecution.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  History: The Iniquitous Anti-Christian French Revolution. Nishant Xavier 27 2246 August 6, 2023 at 9:08 pm
Last Post: LinuxGal
  Debunking the claim that Ramanujan received insights from a god Sicnoo0 20 1481 July 12, 2023 at 10:28 pm
Last Post: Angrboda
  I'm no longer an anti-theist Duty 27 2003 September 16, 2022 at 1:08 pm
Last Post: Angrboda
Question How do you prove to everybody including yourself you're an atheist? Walter99 48 5597 March 23, 2021 at 2:57 pm
Last Post: downbeatplumb
  Hey Atheists Richi29 13 1361 July 24, 2020 at 12:48 am
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  Angry Atheists and Anti-Theists Agnostico 186 18640 December 31, 2018 at 12:22 pm
Last Post: T0 Th3 M4X
  Isn't Atheism anti Christian than anti religious? Western part atleast Kibbi 14 3502 October 5, 2018 at 9:09 pm
Last Post: Dr H
  Why do so many Christians claim to be former Atheists? Cecelia 42 6190 April 1, 2018 at 9:03 pm
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  Why America is anti-theist. Goosebump 3 1115 March 1, 2018 at 9:06 am
Last Post: mlmooney89
  Anti-Theism Haipule 134 25232 December 20, 2017 at 1:39 pm
Last Post: Haipule