Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 29, 2024, 11:33 am

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Hi
Hi
Hi. I'm a type of nihilistic and atheist. I come from a very religious country and family. Not trying to be rude, but I think most religious people in the world today are extremely ignorant.

But more about me:
I see life as a "script" you have to follow. You grow up, go to school, make friends, find your first job, get married, lawn more grass weekly, do paper work, pay bills, etc. All these things. I see it as one large script that was made to keep us occupied from the day we were born until the day we die. I try to "avoid" this script as much as I can, and instead spend most of my time doing the things I love. I like to look at everything from the big picture. I love chemistry, science, physics, etc. I'd rather watch a movie about the solar system or atoms, for example, instead of partying with friends(I don't really have any, anyways)

Anyways. I came to this forum to make daily threads/posts and meet other atheists.
RE: Hi
Welcome.

I look forward to reading more of your viewpoints.
Dying to live, living to die.
Quote:but I think most religious people in the world today are extremely ignorant.

Yo. We're going to get along just fine!

Big Grin
Welcome aboard matey...
Many religious people may find meaning or comfort in their "ignorant" beliefs.
Who are we to judge what is right or wrong?

We don't have to agree with their beliefs, but to be rude or arrogant towards them makes us no better. Most of us are here on this forum to have a little fun with each other, not to take life too seriously and respect our fellow human being.
(As long as they're not trying to behead us of course!)
No God, No fear.
Know God, Know fear.
Hey, welcome. I like cyan.
Love atheistforums.org? Consider becoming a patreon and helping towards our server costs.

[Image: 146748944129044_zpsomrzyn3d.gif]
Welcome!
The story sounds quite a bit like myself 15 years ago. Well most of it still today.
Although I think the nihilism tends to wear off too once one realizes that it's not about there being absolute objective values, but about choosing some.
The fool hath said in his heart, There is a God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.
Psalm 14, KJV revised edition

Welcome!
Nolite te bastardes carborundorum.
Welcome
"The Universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements: energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest." G'Kar-B5
(September 9, 2014 at 9:08 pm)cyan Wrote: I try to "avoid" this script as much as I can

Good stuff. I'd love to hear more Wink
Heya Cyan, welcome to the forum Smile
Feel free to send me a private message.
Please visit my website here! It's got lots of information about atheism/theism and support for new atheists.

Index of useful threads and discussions
Index of my best videos
Quickstart guide to the forum