Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 27, 2024, 8:00 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Your Primary Goal of Life ?-- Islam
Your Primary Goal of Life ?-- Islam
We people are not born without a purpose , I believe. Over the time , we realize our passions and dreams that we want to accomplish in this life. I have been thinking about it for a long time. But I cant seem to figure out mine.I know I need to set out a goal which pleases Allah and His Holy Prophet.

What primary and fundamental goal you have set in your life ? And why would you like to achieve it ? I normally imagine myself lying on death-bed and thinking if I have achieved something 'worthy' in my life ! But the answers have been in negative usually. Any idea what were the personal goals of great Muslims ?

RE: Your Primary Goal of Life ?-- Islam
Easy!
Do unto others that which you would have others do unto you.
Uphold the peace.
Thou shall not kill.
Become a scholar. Pass on any knowledge you acquire.
Use the internet, and let others use it as well.

Do this and you'll gain entry to your own 73 virgins.
RE: Your Primary Goal of Life ?
Purpose is subjective. The purpose of life is to give life purpose in a universe that shows no evidence of purpose imposed from some higher invisible figure. I think theists have the ultimate purposeless existence, only here to kiss a tyrants feet forever.
If the hypothetical idea of an afterlife means more to you than the objectively true reality we all share, then you deserve no respect.
I want to live a life which causes the least amount of harm to humans, animals and the Earth, and to try and do my bit to help good causes as much as I can.

I feel that there is no real purpose to life, so we must make our own, and to me that is kindness.
Feel free to send me a private message.
Please visit my website here! It's got lots of information about atheism/theism and support for new atheists.

Index of useful threads and discussions
Index of my best videos
Quickstart guide to the forum
If somebody is going to give meaning to his life by pleasing a god, based on criteria on what someone else has written, then that person is not really interested in doing anything with his life.
Only to do what is obligatory by his society and his peers...

This is what we call "Theological zombies". I don't think many here will be able to help you too much if you're not willing to think and question things for yourself ...
Enjoy what's left of your tightly monitored and controlled existence.

To think you are free is the ultimate form of slavery. (and it starts with a society imposing a god on its citizens)
No God, No fear.
Know God, Know fear.
Quote:What primary and fundamental goal you have set in your life ?

To live in a world where I'm not pestered by loonies who believe that their own tribal myths are more important that the real world, where cartoons are not justification for murder, and where bearded old twats in turbans don't get to make decisions about who should be killed for writing a book.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
Was this piece of Islamic rubbish so important that it needed to be posted more than once?

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
Thanks OP. I've had to try and merge your threads into one topic which takes a lot of work and makes everything look really untidy.

Please don't make things difficult for us - Don't start threads on the same topic on multiple boards.
Love atheistforums.org? Consider becoming a patreon and helping towards our server costs.

[Image: 146748944129044_zpsomrzyn3d.gif]
The first step: not just following whatever goal some old men 1000 years ago have predetermined for you.
In particular forget serving some deity. Even if there is a God - of all the deities people pray to, why should the one of the religion you were born into by accident be the correct one anyhow? Chances are slim...

Instead think for yourself and see what you can do to make your life and maybe that of the people around you a bit better. Maybe you have some interests which you would like to follow? Some love to find?
The fool hath said in his heart, There is a God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.
Psalm 14, KJV revised edition

(September 11, 2014 at 3:07 am)Khansins Wrote: We people are not born without a purpose , I believe. Over the time , we realize our passions and dreams that we want to accomplish in this life. I have been thinking about it for a long time. But I cant seem to figure out mine.I know I need to set out a goal which pleases Allah and His Holy Prophet.

What primary and fundamental goal you have set in your life ? And why would you like to achieve it ? I normally imagine myself lying on death-bed and thinking if I have achieved something 'worthy' in my life ! But the answers have been in negative usually. Any idea what were the personal goals of great Muslims ?

Who cares what the goals were of people long ago? They lived in a different age. And why do you need to set a goal that pleases a non existent diety ?
It's not immoral to eat meat, abort a fetus or love someone of the same sex...I think that about covers it

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Liberal Movement in Islam or Western Islam, the fight against islamic extremism Ashendant 16 7865 December 20, 2019 at 1:59 pm
Last Post: Deesse23
  What is your problem with Islam? Think about it WinterHold 356 41214 July 18, 2018 at 8:22 am
Last Post: Mystic
  IS: "Islam was never a religion of peace. Islam is the religion of fighting" Napoléon 11 5474 May 15, 2015 at 12:57 pm
Last Post: Hatshepsut
  Anti-Islam Dutch politician converts to Islam Muslim Scholar 58 33850 May 16, 2013 at 5:48 pm
Last Post: Violet