Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 26, 2024, 2:48 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Atlas Shrugged Movie
Atlas Shrugged Movie
It looks like Atlas Shrugged III is bombing at the box office.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/sp...ged-732704

Anybody else find it ironic how economically poor this movie is doing while promoting an agenda about the morality of making as much money as possible? Also has anybody actually seen it? I read Atlas Shrugged ages ago and found it excruciatingly boring. Reading through one repetitive shitty speech after another I remember repeatedly thinking 'I hope they never make this into a movie.'
[Image: dcep7c.jpg]
RE: Atlas Shrugged Movie
(September 14, 2014 at 6:31 pm)CapnAwesome Wrote: I hope they never make this into a movie.
And now it's a thread too Confusedhock:
(September 14, 2014 at 6:31 pm)CapnAwesome Wrote: It looks like Atlas Shrugged III is bombing at the box office.

They made a third one???

The first one was passable, but the second one was downright crappy.

(September 14, 2014 at 6:31 pm)CapnAwesome Wrote: Anybody else find it ironic how economically poor this movie is doing while promoting an agenda about the morality of making as much money as possible?

Not really - the story itself denies that money is the ultimate payment in artistic endeavors.

(September 14, 2014 at 6:31 pm)CapnAwesome Wrote: Also has anybody actually seen it?

I thought the first one did an okay job of capturing the book and the second one was downright bad.

(September 14, 2014 at 6:31 pm)CapnAwesome Wrote: I read Atlas Shrugged ages ago and found it excruciatingly boring.

I didn't.
Atlas shrugged is the best book ever
I've never read it and I know that.

Imagine a religion based on the book.
[Image: grumpy-cat-good-1.jpg]
Luke: You don't believe in the Force, do you?

Han Solo: Kid, I've flown from one side of this galaxy to the other, and I've seen a lot of strange stuff, but I've never seen *anything* to make me believe that there's one all-powerful Force controlling everything. 'Cause no mystical energy field controls *my* destiny. It's all a lot of simple tricks and nonsense.
(September 14, 2014 at 8:04 pm)DramaQueen Wrote: Atlas shrugged is the best book ever
I've never read it and I know that.

Imagine a religion based on the book.

Needn't imagine. There is a religion based on that book. Really dumb people who are not quite dumb enough for Christianity join Aynrandism.
I'm the black sheep. I loved Atlas Shrugged and The Fountainhead. I don't agree with the philosophy very much, but I loved the books.
"There remain four irreducible objections to religious faith: that it wholly misrepresents the origins of man and the cosmos, that because of this original error it manages to combine the maximum servility with the maximum of solipsism, that it is both the result and the cause of dangerous sexual repression, and that it is ultimately grounded on wish-thinking." ~Christopher Hitchens, god is not Great

PM me your email address to join the Slack chat! I'll give you a taco(or five) if you join! --->There's an app and everything!<---
It reminded me of the koran and the bible. All three were boring as shit.
(September 15, 2014 at 12:24 am)SteelCurtain Wrote: I'm the black sheep. I loved Atlas Shrugged and The Fountainhead. I don't agree with the philosophy very much, but I loved the books.

Ironically I'm the reverse of you. I'm somewhat of a libertarian/conservative who finds the books to be excruciating. Of course there is also quite the difference between the drab industrial vision of Ayn Rand and my own more free wheeling non-money focused happy hippy version of Libertarianism.
[Image: dcep7c.jpg]
(September 15, 2014 at 12:45 am)Minimalist Wrote: It reminded me of the koran and the bible. All three were boring as shit.

Most religious books are.

For some reason, religious leaders are bad storytellers.
Atheist Forums Hall of Shame:
"The trinity can be equated to having your cake and eating it too."
...      -Lucent, trying to defend the Trinity concept
"(Yahweh's) actions are good because (Yahweh) is the ultimate standard of goodness. That’s not begging the question"
...       -Statler Waldorf, Christian apologist

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Movie everyone has seen except you. arewethereyet 23 1999 December 4, 2022 at 4:21 pm
Last Post: LinuxGal
  El Camino: A Breaking Bad Movie (trailer) EgoDeath 32 3351 September 25, 2019 at 10:19 am
Last Post: EgoDeath
  Looking for a video about god (?) and the sixth sense movie Whoobodoobooo 5 778 May 21, 2019 at 10:49 pm
Last Post: vulcanlogician
  Force Awakens was a disappointing movie Rimi921 13 1352 April 27, 2019 at 11:58 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Captain Marvel movie w/ spoilers Rahn127 0 351 March 9, 2019 at 2:04 am
Last Post: Rahn127
  SPOILER ALERT: Black Mirror - Bandersnatch (Interactive Movie) GrandizerII 0 223 December 29, 2018 at 1:22 am
Last Post: GrandizerII
  Upcoming movie movie trailer discussion Alex K 50 6097 October 22, 2018 at 7:49 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  New Star Wars movie is well received by the critics. Whateverist 105 15918 January 2, 2018 at 5:51 pm
Last Post: Whateverist
  What is your favorite Disney movie? ƵenKlassen 37 4794 December 6, 2017 at 11:29 am
Last Post: KittyAnn
  Best anime series and anime movie in the world ErGingerbreadMandude 26 4280 November 20, 2017 at 4:36 pm
Last Post: GrandizerII