Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 10:36 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
venus project
venus project
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WuKPHQQ_IYM
god is supposed to be imaginary
RE: venus project
I like the dreamy side of The Venus Project. Hell, even Bertrand Russell was advocating a maximum 20 hour work week and properly shared resources 100 years ago.

What I don't like is that it's too pie in the sky evidenced by the frequent recommendation to ignore the transition; this is exactly where the major problems reside. I'm also not convinced that current technology can manage everything without being cost prohibitive or preventing eventual bartering of goods and services. Reintroduction of money as an exchange medium would quickly follow.

I am also suspicious of how computers will decide resource allocation. Another aspect of the idea I remember being told not to worry about. Who programs and establishes standards for the computation? How are grievances settled?
RE: venus project
Your right. But I love the logical designs and problem solving through engineering. I can live without sociocyberneering.

I'm also a huge fan of Frank Lloyd Wright and Soleri. I'd love to see more arcology projects get off the ground, but they're just not socially viable at the moment. I blame bad taste.
god is supposed to be imaginary

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Serious] Multiple Sclerosis Map: my latest web project WinterHold 22 2980 October 4, 2019 at 10:02 am
Last Post: WinterHold
  Help With Electric Project for Alzhimerz Jenny A 49 4345 March 15, 2017 at 8:41 am
Last Post: bennyboy
  Thank god, I finished this MVC project finally ! WinterHold 6 1190 April 4, 2015 at 10:28 pm
Last Post: bennyboy
  Compressor Educational [Mini project] Marsellus Wallace 7 1649 July 13, 2014 at 6:53 pm
Last Post: Autumnlicious
  Windshore Project thesummerqueen 8 2086 October 17, 2012 at 9:08 pm
Last Post: thesummerqueen
  Google Project Glass Paul the Human 11 3317 April 7, 2012 at 9:43 am
Last Post: fuckass365