Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 25, 2024, 11:06 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Open Letter to Christians
Open Letter to Christians
Please do not think I want to argue with you just because I am asking questions. I am really interested in YOUR answers to these questions. Please refrain from your sarcasm, judgement, belittling or anything like it.

1. How do you know if god is a) teaching you a lesson b)disciplining you or c) satan is attacking you?

2. Why are there so many religions? (free will not accepted)

3. Why is christianity the correct religion?

4. Why do christians fight each other about stuff like baptism, communion or free will v predestiny?

5. Will jews go to hell?

6. Why did jesus never write anything down for us?

7. Why did paul write the majority of the nt when he never knew jesus?

8. Why did the people who assembled the bible leave out so many known letters?

9. if god created EVERYTHING, why did he create sin? or better put satan?

10. The creator of the universe created everything. For millions of years, there were no humans. All of a sudden humans just appear not evolve. Does a being capable of all this really desire a relationship with me?

11. If he does want a relationship with me, why does he not want one with the millions of other people who are not mainly european and american?

There are many more questions but these are at the front of my brain right now.
Re: RE: Open Letter to Christians
1. How do you know if god is a) teaching you a lesson b)disciplining you or c) satan is attacking you?

The Goddamned wholey spirit will tell you.

Because there are a lot of dumb motherfuckers that believe in the wrong god.

Because Jebus said so and I have a personal relationship with him.

4. Why do christians fight each other about stuff like baptism, communion or free will v predestiny?

Because most Christians are stupid and can't understand the straightforward writing in the bable.

5. Will jews go to hell?

Fuck yeah they will, the sooner the better.

Because he had his hommies do it for him.

He did know jebus just like you should.

The book was getting thick.

Because it would be boring otherwise.

10. The creator of the universe created everything. For millions of years, there were no humans. All of a sudden humans just appear not evolve. Does a being capable of all this really desire a relationship with me?

Yes he does and it's sexual in nature.

11. If he does want a relationship with me, why does he not want one with the millions of other people who are not mainly european and american?

They don't take a bath. Duh!
RE: Open Letter to Christians
ROFLOL
[/christian mode]

(October 29, 2014 at 10:30 am)polar bear Wrote: Please do not think I want to argue with you just because I am asking questions. I am really interested in YOUR answers to these questions. Please refrain from your sarcasm, judgement, belittling or anything like it.

I don't understand the question. In which situation?
Quote:2. Why are there so many religions? (free will not accepted)
Because of sin. That's related to the free will problem, but you can't deny that completely. If humans want to fuck things up and ignore the signs, they can choose to do that. See Question 9.
Quote:3. Why is christianity the correct religion?
What do you mean, why? It simply is the correct religion. Do you mean how do we know? Well, only Jesus has done the things that he has done. Also, if you let him, he will tell you personally and fill your heart with certainty.
Quote:4. Why do christians fight each other about stuff like baptism, communion or free will v predestiny?
The ego of people will get in their way, and they will try to insert their own meaning into the religion instead of following Jesus. This way, inaccuracies come into play.
Quote:5. Will jews go to hell?
Not automatically, they will get special treatment in the afterlife because they were the chosen people, and can agree to join Jesus there.
Quote:6. Why did jesus never write anything down for us?
How do you know that? Maybe he did but people lost their copies.
Quote:7. Why did paul write the majority of the nt when he never knew jesus?
He had a personal relationship with him. Temporal distance is no hindrance in matters of spiritual truth.
Quote:8. Why did the people who assembled the bible leave out so many known letters?
They needed to put out an edition which would best help their readers find the true faith. With their readership in mind, they made the appropriate choices to make sure that the relevant information was there without the message getting lost in the sheer magnitude of the book.
Quote:9. if god created EVERYTHING, why did he create sin? or better put satan?
Inserting conflict into the world was the only way for God to create something separate of himselfe which would be able to provide true companionship. Without this element, we would be mere appendices of God without independent inner life, not a separate creation.
Quote:10. The creator of the universe created everything. For millions of years, there were no humans. All of a sudden humans just appear not evolve. Does a being capable of all this really desire a relationship with me?
I don't understand the problem. Waiting millions or billions of years to achieve something is a triviality for God, who is not bound by time and space as we are.

Quote:11. If he does want a relationship with me, why does he not want one with the millions of other people who are not mainly european and american?

There are many more questions but these are at the front of my brain right now.

He does want to have one with them, but they have to come to Him, He cannot force them into this relationship, for then it would not be a true relationship.

[/christian mode]
The fool hath said in his heart, There is a God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.
Psalm 14, KJV revised edition

I've been at enough brainwashing sessions, so I am quite familiar with the BS answers they feed you.
Ah well, I can't resist not answering these as a theist: Tongue

--== Activate Theist(Troll) Mode ==--

A: All of those scenarios are tests from our Lord, and we know so because it is He who guides us through these tests as long as we believe in Him.

A: There is just one true religion, rest have been placed on Earth by the devil to keep us from reaching out to our true Lord

A: Because it has the fulfilled prophecies to prove it. (The false ones were added by the devil)

A: Though the christians are guided by the holy light they still sometimes fall prey to the devils lure.

5. Will jews go to hell?
A: Those who do not wish to be saved by the Lord shall be judged by the Lord.

A: "Did Moses not give you the law"? Jesus wasn't here to give us laws, he was here to free us of our sins. The Lord commanded us to spread his words, and so he does through us.

A: Paul was but a mere vessel guided by the holy spirit, chosen to spread the Lords words.

A: The choice was made to best preserve the Lord's guidance for future generations.

A: Satan is also his son with free will and was created with much more knowledge and capabilities than us, it's just that he used it to rebel against Him. This is also the reason He didn't allow us the knowledge of good and evil in the beginning, lest we follow the wrong path as well.

A: He does want a relationship with those who seek Him with their own free-will.

A: He has given the guiding light to us, those who are too blind to see it turn to the devils lure. Christianity exists all over the world, including the world outside Europe and America, however only a few in those parts have chosen to follow the light and the rest have chosen to turn a blind eye to it.
Quote:To know yet to think that one does not know is best; Not to know yet to think that one knows will lead to difficulty.
- Lau Tzu

Join me on atheistforums Slack Cool Shades (pester tibs via pm if you need invite) Tongue

Thought these things usually started Dear Santa?
Some great responses! I do enjoy a good laugh! The sad thing is, I have said this to many people and was serious about it. Feel free to speak for the christians its good for a laugh. (Alex K...I am learning your sense of humorSmile ) But I was looking for better responses from practicing christians as well.
Why do some atheists feel feel compelled to give their own smartass comments, when the questions are specifically directed to Christians? Since you'all appear to already know the answers, why should we bother answering just you can make sport of us? Take a long walk on a short pier, why don't ya?
[quote='polar bear' pid='785142' dateline='1414593035']

If the temptation is leading away from Christ then it's from the devil. if the trial leads you toward Christ, then it is from God. You can't always tell if you're being taught a lesson or being disciplined.

Because people choose to believe many different things.

Because it's the truth and there is only one truth.

Because we all have different opinions. I don't know why we fight about it. It would be better to just accept that were all followers of Christ and uniting behind that.

5. Will jews go to hell?

Depends on if they faithfully pursue God.

Probably because he spent his ministry wandering around from place to place teaching and ministering and didn't have time. During his first 30 hears I'm not sure if he was fully aware of what he was about to do. Also, maybe because he wanted humans to write the scriptures.

He met Jesus on the road to Damascus. That's why he was accepted as an apostle. Obviously, Paul was specially chosen for this purpose.

They couldn't be authenticated as being written by an apostle or someone who was close to Jesus or a known apostle. They also were not known to be used by the early church to be read at services or to teach doctrine.

It seems obvious that he created Satan to test us.

I believe humans evolved physically, although the soul was a special creation. What does his capability of creating a universe have to do with desiring a relationship with us? Is he too big to want to stoop down to our level?

He wants everyone. That's why he told his disciples to go out into the world and spread the gospel. Christianity is growing fastest in Asia and Africa. There now more christians in China than in the United States. The government is trying to take actions to restrict growth, but without much success.
(October 29, 2014 at 12:28 pm)ChadWooters Wrote: Why do some atheists feel feel compelled to give their own smartass comments, when the questions are specifically directed to Christians? Since you'all appear to already know the answers, why should we bother answering just you can make sport of us? Take a long walk on a short pier, why don't ya?
I posted what I was told in the past, so should you. I belong to the "not sure" camp and I listen to both sides, however it gets pretty frustrating when you get same already-debunked responses over and over. I would love to know if you have a different set of unique answers or proofs.
Quote:To know yet to think that one does not know is best; Not to know yet to think that one knows will lead to difficulty.
- Lau Tzu

Join me on atheistforums Slack Cool Shades (pester tibs via pm if you need invite) Tongue

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Christians vs Christians (yec) Fake Messiah 52 7809 January 31, 2019 at 2:08 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  New way: Open Source Christianity Born in Iran. A-g-n-o-s-t-i-c 28 4288 September 9, 2018 at 2:22 pm
Last Post: brewer
  Christian Teacher writes letter to school newspaper saying "Gays deserve to die" Divinity 68 18610 May 23, 2017 at 9:01 am
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus
  UMC -- open hearts, open minds. Ha! Jehanne 13 1863 June 24, 2016 at 6:36 pm
Last Post: Jehanne
  Why do Christians become Christians? SteveII 168 31243 May 20, 2016 at 8:43 pm
Last Post: drfuzzy
  Open letter to Christians Nihilist Virus 82 14516 March 21, 2016 at 5:21 pm
Last Post: Nihilist Virus
Wink Greetings,I commence open challenge to anyone Grehoman Ebenezer 148 27662 September 25, 2015 at 12:10 pm
Last Post: Fidel_Castronaut
  Christians. Prove That You Are Real/True Christians Nope 155 51166 September 1, 2015 at 1:26 pm
Last Post: Pyrrho
  JUST OPEN YOUR HEART, DAMMIT! Athene 174 32668 August 25, 2015 at 2:15 am
Last Post: robvalue
  Gods love letter to you evar 2 1607 August 2, 2015 at 12:34 am
Last Post: Jackalope