Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 6:22 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Subhanahu wa ta'ala
Subhanahu wa ta'ala
Me name Hussian... Hanif Hussian. Me from Pakistan. Me english not good please forgive.
Me Islam born in and parent very strict. Me when I grow up say Ammi if Allah all good so why bad thing happen? Ammi tell Abba and Abba beat me...no no no never ask again he tell.

I do software engineering in school and one day ask my friend he say don't please ask somebody if they tell then hang them me. So I shut up. Abba buy me internet so i go to tor and look for this question. Tor because my country if they see me asking questions on the internet...so its bad then. they want to not ask me then and beat me. So I ask on tor and this big forum so i create account using my school vpn. i know use tor and come here ask somethings.

I believe my God Allah true but I want ask some question openly not get beat by Abba Ammi or mulla. don't think wrong...i don't do spam here..no. i ask question. i ask on Muslim forum...they laugh. so I ask here...big non-Islam forum. please forgive if me english not good or me question not good.

Hanif Hussian
RE: Subhanahu wa ta'ala
Hello Hanif, welcome.

I'm very sorry to hear you are being treated so badly. The same problem exists in any religion that claims their god is all good, why do bad things happen? There has never, ever been a good reason given for this. If anyone had a good reason, they wouldn't have to scare people into being quiet and not asking questions.

You should be allowed to ask whatever you want, and figure things out for yourself. If something is true, it doesn't need to be forced onto people for them to accept it. Sadly it seems that where you live it isn't possible to be open about this with the people around you behaving this way.

I hope you can get some consolation by talking to people here who understand your situation. Sadly religion is used as a way to control people, and to reinforce beliefs people already have.
Feel free to send me a private message.
Please visit my website here! It's got lots of information about atheism/theism and support for new atheists.

Index of useful threads and discussions
Index of my best videos
Quickstart guide to the forum
Welcome Hanif.
Enjoy this fine forum and never forget to use tor when you come here.
As for the problem of evil... long before Muhammad came along, a Greek guy put it better than anyone after:
http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Problem_of_evil
That wiki article should have a lot of stuff for you to think on.

Then, you can step it up an notch and check out iron chariots:
http://wiki.ironchariots.org/index.php?t...em_of_evil
(Edit: looks like I got beaten to the punch!)

I'd like to add that this issue is often known as the "problem of evil". You can find many discussions about this on the internet if you use that phrase. The problem is that if you listen to religious people talking about it, they won't give you proper answers, they will just try and twist things so that they make sense even though they don't. That's if they will talk about it at all and not just tell you to be quiet, as in your case.

If there really is an all powerful, all loving god, he would not need people running around beating and silencing people who talk out against him. If there is such a being, it is nothing like the god described in the quran or the bible.

So I recommend listening to atheist videos, as you'll get a more rounded discussion. For example, here's a clip from one of my favourite shows, the atheist experience. I'm not trying to deconvert you, or saying you should only listen to atheist. I'm just warning you that religious people are so heavily programmed to defend their religion at any cost, they will say anything to claim it is right, and use absurd twisted arguments that get you nowhere.

This video talks about christians, but the problem is exactly the same for any religion making all-good god claims. "Free will" is often given as the answer. But this is absurd, because god has decided what it is and isn't possible for us to do. He could have made it so that we have a range of choices, but they are all good, like in a wonderful dream where you are choosing between doing one amazing thing and another, and what you do never hurts anyone else. But instead he chose to give us horrible choices too, knowing we would do them. As things are now, we don't have total free will. I can't decide to fly to the moon, or to another galaxy. I'm bound by the rules that god supposedly put in place. So he gives me limited options. Then why are some of these options horrible?

Another feeble argument is that you cannot have good without evil. This is nonsense, if god made us so that we can't be happy without first being unhappy, or seeing others unhappy, then that is his fault. He didn't have to make us that way as an excuse to put evil in the world.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=drSjXBc4cFA
Feel free to send me a private message.
Please visit my website here! It's got lots of information about atheism/theism and support for new atheists.

Index of useful threads and discussions
Index of my best videos
Quickstart guide to the forum
Hi Welcome

I don't know much about islam, so I can't help you specifically with it. But if you have questions, I'll do my best to answer.

Also since you need to be anonymous, I'd suggest installing http://www.hotspotshield.com/ it is free, and it is a bit better as with it not only your browsing but other web activities will be protected as well.
Quote:To know yet to think that one does not know is best; Not to know yet to think that one knows will lead to difficulty.
- Lau Tzu

Join me on atheistforums Slack Cool Shades (pester tibs via pm if you need invite) Tongue

Welcome
For Religion & Health see:[/b][/size] Williams & Sternthal. (2007). Spirituality, religion and health: Evidence and research directions. Med. J. Aust., 186(10), S47-S50. -LINK

The WIN/Gallup End of Year Survey 2013 found the US was perceived to be the greatest threat to world peace by a huge margin, with 24% of respondents fearful of the US followed by: 8% for Pakistan, and 6% for China. This was followed by 5% each for: Afghanistan, Iran, Israel, North Korea. -LINK

"That's disgusting. There were clean athletes out there that have had their whole careers ruined by people like Lance Armstrong who just bended thoughts to fit their circumstances. He didn't look up cheating because he wanted to stop, he wanted to justify what he was doing and to keep that continuing on." - Nicole Cooke
Welcome!
The fool hath said in his heart, There is a God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.
Psalm 14, KJV revised edition

Hello.
Welcome. I would say that coming here maybe a welcome chance to practice english as well, because good english will open a lot of doors for you. As for the problem of evil, as that is what your question has been called, the previous links may be insightful. I also want to ask you something, if your religion is true then why do they beat you when you ask questions?
To-morrow, and to-morrow, and to-morrow,
Creeps in this petty pace from day to day,
To the last syllable of recorded time;
And all our yesterdays have lighted fools
The way to dusty death. Out, out, brief candle!
Life's but a walking shadow, a poor player,
That struts and frets his hour upon the stage,
And then is heard no more. It is a tale
Told by an idiot, full of sound and fury,
Signifying nothing.
Muslims one Muslim forums won't treat you bad. They will do their best to answer you. The same goes for Christian or Jewish forums. You will get a certain type of answers from Atheists, but, I wouldn't just end it all there.