Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 29, 2024, 8:55 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
When you bitch about unimportant things.......
When you bitch about unimportant things.......
Ok, yes we all do it. I bitch about my favorite sports team sucking huge donkey balls. Not important compared to climate change and poverty and war. BUT do me a favor folks, make it clear when you do it because there are people who think everything is important and do act like it is the end of the world. The following was a tweet about the stupidest bullshit thing to worry about.

A REAL TWEET "They put me on a floor without an ice machine" (his secretary booked him a room, and most hotels NEVER put ice or vending machines on every floor) As if the employees who booked you can read your mind. Next time ask for a room on the same floor.

He back peddled when I told him it was stupid thing to bitch about claiming he was not being serious. I have to wonder because I have had family and co workers and friends in person get upset about really unimportant things and do not realize they are doing it.

All I could think when I read that was "The maids cant pay their bills and you are worried about a fucking ice machine" Oh my god you might have to use the stairs or elevator.

I do think things like this really are symptomatic of our species narcissism and a result of our consumer driven quick satisfaction society that markets off of vanity.

Yes people do bitch about stupid crap and I do it too. Just be aware you are doing it.
RE: When you bitch about unimportant things.......
Since leaving christianity, I have been trying to practice the power of living in the present. This changes the prospective of everything. Yes, Brian, I too bitch about really stupid stuff.
What makes it funny though is when I stop and remove myself from everything, it is obvious how stupid I am being then I stop and have a good laugh...most of the timeWink
Day before yesterday I made a frozen pizza. I sit it on a chair in my bedroom while watching tv and being on the computer. But it is also where my cat likes too sit, I think you know where I am going with this.

So I am munching away about half done, and the cat bolts through the bedroom door like a pit bull was chasing him, blurry fast like the stars in a warp drive, bouncing off the bed to the floor then BAM onto the chair knocking my pizza to the floor. YOU TALK ABOUT PISSED! Not his fault of course, and I can laugh at it now. It's one of those "SON OF A BITCH!" Moments.
Years ago I worked in an engineering department and our manager was notorious for fixating on microscopic problems and missing the big picture. Supposedly he was brilliant, but in the real world most of us considered him to be an idiot.

This was the same guy that when we pressed him to prioritize work in the lab, all the projects except one received the highest priority. The one he singled out he gave priority 6.

I lost all respect for him at that point.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Serious] A thought I had about some people's view on some things medical and other things ShinyCrystals 15 806 October 22, 2023 at 1:31 pm
Last Post: ShinyCrystals
  Things You Miss Foxaèr 15 933 September 16, 2022 at 6:40 pm
Last Post: The Architect Of Fate
  Things your family/friends have done you wish. Brian37 5 518 October 19, 2021 at 5:56 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  There are some things you lose track of, & regret. Brian37 11 1176 June 22, 2021 at 7:53 pm
Last Post: Hillbillyatheist
  Things you miss from your childhood. Brian37 23 1630 May 19, 2021 at 10:54 am
Last Post: Brian37
  Things you buy and never really use Theswordismyleopard 28 1892 September 1, 2020 at 11:47 am
Last Post: onlinebiker
  10 things you didn’t know about Star Wars robvalue 3 862 March 20, 2019 at 7:13 am
Last Post: Yonadav
  Things you have discovered The Valkyrie 76 7917 February 8, 2019 at 5:05 am
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  Just some things I’d like to know about you. Losty 54 9426 April 6, 2018 at 11:33 am
Last Post: CapnAwesome
  Things "you" post that "you" like Foxaèr 11 1986 March 24, 2018 at 5:44 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama