Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 27, 2024, 7:24 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
In Case Anyone Forgets What Our Elections Are Really About.
In Case Anyone Forgets What Our Elections Are Really About.
http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2014/11/congr...elections/

Quote:Congress to consider corporate tax breaks after midterm elections
Reuters

Quote:When the U.S. Congress returns to work next week after Tuesday’s midterm elections, one of its first tasks will be dealing with dozens of expired corporate tax breaks, whose renewal and extension are seen as likely though not guaranteed.

Known as “extenders,” the 55 temporary laws – including tax breaks for depreciation and research – have been in limbo since the end of 2013, when their last authorized extension ran out.
RE: In Case Anyone Forgets What Our Elections Are Really About.
(November 3, 2014 at 4:21 pm)Minimalist Wrote:
Quote:When the U.S. Congress returns to work next week after Tuesday’s midterm elections, one of its first tasks will be dealing with dozens of expired corporate tax breaks, whose renewal and extension are seen as likely though not guaranteed.

Known as “extenders,” the 55 temporary laws – including tax breaks for depreciation and research – have been in limbo since the end of 2013, when their last authorized extension ran out.

Keep those bribes flowing, baby. That's what politics is all about in this day and age. Politicians for sale to the highest bidder.
[Image: Bumper+Sticker+-+Asheville+-+Praise+Dog3.JPG]
(November 3, 2014 at 4:29 pm)abaris Wrote:
(November 3, 2014 at 4:21 pm)Minimalist Wrote:

Keep those bribes flowing, baby. That's what politics is all about in this day and age. Politicians for sale to the highest bidder.

Its an artifact of a large centralized government. Decentralize the power, decrease the size and scope of government and you will decrease the flow of bribes.
I don't so much mind politicians being for sale. The trouble is that once bought, they never STAY bought.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
(November 3, 2014 at 8:34 pm)Heywood Wrote:
(November 3, 2014 at 4:29 pm)abaris Wrote: Keep those bribes flowing, baby. That's what politics is all about in this day and age. Politicians for sale to the highest bidder.

Its an artifact of a large centralized government. Decentralize the power, decrease the size and scope of government and you will decrease the flow of bribes.

I have to remember that you believe a dead jew came back to life, too. That explains your amazing gullibility, Woodie.
(November 3, 2014 at 9:00 pm)Minimalist Wrote: I have to remember that you believe a dead jew came back to life, too. That explains your amazing gullibility, Woodie.

I have never claimed a religious belief on this forum(or at TTA).

You make shit up cause you're a dummy.
Re: RE: In Case Anyone Forgets What Our Elections Are Really About.
[Image: 1f8649e906449f15eab7edea273fd1e6.jpg]
(November 3, 2014 at 9:23 pm)Heywood Wrote:
(November 3, 2014 at 9:00 pm)Minimalist Wrote: I have to remember that you believe a dead jew came back to life, too. That explains your amazing gullibility, Woodie.

I have never claimed a religious belief on this forum(or at TTA).

You make shit up cause you're a dummy.

You seem like one of those shitheads. I'll stick with calling you one.
I wish Andy were joking. Sometimes satire is too close to reality.

http://www.newyorker.com/humor/borowitz-...MzY1NjkxS0

Quote:WASHINGTON (The Borowitz Report)—Congressional seats are on pace to fetch a whopping four billion dollars on Tuesday night, a record-smashing sales figure that has exceeded the expectations of even the most optimistic insiders.

Quote:“With all of the uncertainty in the world today, the United States Congress is considered a very safe place for the rich to invest their money,” said Charles Michollot, of the auction house Sotheby’s. “Congressional seats are like Manhattan real estate—they aren’t making any more of them.”
Republicans are fascist the definition of fascism is corporatism the beleif that corporations should control everything private schools prisons utilities transportation housing medicine etc the problem is who do corporations hire? Is it minorities and women or is it a racially homogeneous male dominated class?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Help me out here. Barrett and voting case. Brian37 31 3565 October 30, 2020 at 11:47 am
Last Post: The Architect Of Fate
  Anyone else ready for our first gay president? Foxaèr 121 8533 May 22, 2019 at 4:52 pm
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  State level elections in BAvaria yield ground breaking results Deesse23 0 253 October 15, 2018 at 3:50 am
Last Post: Deesse23
  Lets get rid of primary elections when electing our president GODZILLA 79 8786 July 2, 2018 at 7:46 pm
Last Post: Clueless Morgan
  The 2018 mid-term US elections. Jehanne 18 4519 October 7, 2017 at 7:50 pm
Last Post: vorlon13
  Are elections always as nasty as this last one we had NuclearEnergy 14 3680 January 21, 2017 at 8:53 am
Last Post: downbeatplumb
  Hilary wanted to rig the Palestian elections ReptilianPeon 55 8208 December 22, 2016 at 8:21 pm
Last Post: ReptilianPeon
  RE: The positive case for voting Donald Trump for president. Minimalist 200 20513 November 8, 2016 at 4:26 pm
Last Post: GUBU
  The positive case for voting Hillary Clinton for president. Whateverist 113 13833 November 7, 2016 at 11:54 pm
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  Actual case of voter fraud Doubting Thomas 10 1555 October 31, 2016 at 6:33 pm
Last Post: Neo-Scholastic