Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 27, 2024, 7:25 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
new thread long time converted
new thread long time converted
Hi all, I love the fact that I can finally talk to like minded people having given up on the conversion of my family! I hail from northern Ireland where religion is kinda a big deal didn't you know? Got a few good stories to share including me as a seven years old being accused of practising black magic by a forty year old something priest.
Cheers in advance
RE: new thread long time converted
Quote:practising black magic by a forty year old something priest.

I hope that ended better than most priest-kid interactions?

Welcome aboard.
Thank you my friend. It actually involved a simple trick of the mind. Someone laid on their belly with their arms held aloft whilst a story was told which culminated in the recipient falling into an imaginary empty grave as their arms were lowered. Giving the sensation of falling. which resulted in me at the end of a very long formal table with a man who claimed to be a priest warning me of the dangers of summoning demons into the world
Welcome
"The Universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements: energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest." G'Kar-B5
Thank you!
The priest genuinely believed that you might summon demons!
Here I am thinking that grown people don't believe in that bullshit and that priests have chosen their vocation for the "sex"!

He he.... Welcome matey...
No God, No fear.
Know God, Know fear.
Welcome to the forum.

Where in NI, if you don't mind my asking? My family had a farm outside Ballymena.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
Welcome, from the no longer so sunny Portugal!
I'm from Derry Brian. Never been to Ballymena. Where are you living now? Bet Portugal is still slightly sunnier than here pocaracas!
Welcome from (actually) sunny San Diego!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Life long atheist MR. Macabre 666 19 1299 May 25, 2023 at 8:51 am
Last Post: brewer
  Long time no see Kingpin 27 2192 May 18, 2023 at 2:00 am
Last Post: Ravenshire
  long time atheist, new member BloodyHeartland 17 2082 February 6, 2022 at 12:36 pm
Last Post: tackattack
  New Member, Long Time Atheist fromdownunder 21 3101 August 18, 2018 at 6:25 am
Last Post: LastPoet
  Long time, no see. 8BitAtheist 32 4071 November 18, 2016 at 10:47 am
Last Post: 8BitAtheist
Tongue A long-time lurker says hello Ludwig 22 3885 November 4, 2015 at 1:35 pm
Last Post: Ludwig
  Long time Atheist, new member here! AceBoogie 17 4463 March 13, 2015 at 9:38 pm
Last Post: Bad Wolf
  New here and pretty depressed (Kinda long) KrystalVisions 10 2904 March 7, 2015 at 12:48 pm
Last Post: pocaracas
  Newbie (long post) Dorian Gray 19 4241 January 1, 2015 at 9:00 pm
Last Post: Kitty Galore
Rainbow Hey Guys....Recently de-converted Newbie here.... Afro-Queen 29 4086 November 14, 2014 at 6:33 pm
Last Post: Lemonvariable72