Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 26, 2024, 7:26 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Breakups
Breakups
Breakups suck. I'm going through one right now. It's partly my fault, partly hers, and deeply unhappy all the same.

To hell with falling in love.

RE: Breakups
(November 10, 2014 at 7:48 pm)Parkers Tan Wrote: Breakups suck. I'm going through one right now. It's partly my fault, partly hers, and deeply unhappy all the same.

I'm sorry Thump. I recently went through one after a really short relationship, but it was possibly the most devastating one I've had yet... and most of them have been pretty devastating. I wish I could turn off feelings sometimes.

Hang in there Heart
(November 10, 2014 at 7:48 pm)Parkers Tan Wrote: Breakups suck. I'm going through one right now. It's partly my fault, partly hers, and deeply unhappy all the same.

*Hugs*

You'll get over it and move on.

We all go through them.
Dying to live, living to die.
(November 10, 2014 at 7:56 pm)Beccs Wrote: *Hugs*

You'll get over it and move on.

We all go through them.

Oh, I know. I'm just on the downside of the curve right now, and wallowing a little.

Terribly cliché, but still true: plenty more fish in the sea.

Chin up bro.
(November 10, 2014 at 8:00 pm)Parkers Tan Wrote: Oh, I know. I'm just on the downside of the curve right now, and wallowing a little.
Yep. All part of the process. Hopefully the good times still outnumber the bad and made having the relationship worthwhile on the whole. Feel better soon!
"Well, evolution is a theory. It is also a fact. And facts and theories are different things, not rungs in a hierarchy of increasing certainty. Facts are the world's data. Theories are structures of ideas that explain and interpret facts. Facts don't go away when scientists debate rival theories to explain them. Einstein's theory of gravitation replaced Newton's in this century, but apples didn't suspend themselves in midair, pending the outcome. And humans evolved from ape- like ancestors whether they did so by Darwin's proposed mechanism or by some other yet to be discovered."

-Stephen Jay Gould
(November 11, 2014 at 6:28 am)Tonus Wrote:
(November 10, 2014 at 8:00 pm)Parkers Tan Wrote: Oh, I know. I'm just on the downside of the curve right now, and wallowing a little.
Yep. All part of the process. Hopefully the good times still outnumber the bad and made having the relationship worthwhile on the whole. Feel better soon!

She was worth it, without a doubt.

I think most relationships are worthwhile, anyway; this one was something else and I'd pinned high hopes on us. I hope now that we can rescue our friendship, if nothing else.

Good luck, mate. Tis a period for personal growth.
He who loves God cannot endeavour that God should love him in return - Baruch Spinoza
(November 11, 2014 at 9:41 am)Pickup_shonuff Wrote: Good luck, mate. Tis a period for personal growth.

Indeed. I'm working on the flaws she's pointed out ... and there are many.

Don't beat yourself up too much though, nobody's perfect.