Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 27, 2024, 3:08 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Two News Stories For Comparison
Two News Stories For Comparison
I'm sure dickheads like Woodie will cheer the airlines on.

http://www.latimes.com/business/la-fi-mo...story.html

Quote:Airline profits soar to $12.7 billion

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2014/11/airli...t-workers/

Quote:Airlines sue Port of Seattle over minimum wage hike for airport workers

Quote:US. airlines are suing the Port of Seattle to block planned pay increases for airport workers, in the latest legal battle over efforts to better compensate workers in a state with the highest minimum wage in the country.

The Port commission, which runs the Seattle-Tacoma airport, voted in July to hike the wage floor to $11.22 per hour in January 2015 and $13.00 per hour in 2017 for airport employees.

$1.78 raise - over 3 years - and these motherfucking criminal cocksuckers who are raking it in hand over fist with their fucking baggage fees have the balls to sue to stop it.

Time to roll out the guillotines in this country and chop off a few heads.
RE: Two News Stories For Comaprison

Seriously?

They're suing over such a ludicrous amount?

What a bunch of wankers.
Dying to live, living to die.
RE: Two News Stories For Comparison
Does give you some idea what the fuckers would do if the city did not act.
(November 11, 2014 at 8:04 pm)Beccs Wrote:

Seriously?

They're suing over such a ludicrous amount?

What a bunch of wankers.

Hardly wankers, luv. If the airline are forced to pay their workers this huge unjustified rise, then some airline executives might have to swap their rhodium toilet seats for boring old platinum, or (heaven forfend) reduce their number of genuine elephant's foot umbrella stands from 64 to 63.

The horror...the horror....

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
And it might seriously effect the bonusses of the management.
[Image: Bumper+Sticker+-+Asheville+-+Praise+Dog3.JPG]
(November 11, 2014 at 7:52 pm)Minimalist Wrote: I'm sure dickheads like Woodie will cheer the airlines on.

Hey dummy,

I don't like minimum wages because they hurt real people and not because I want the airlines to make more profit.
I don't care what reason you have for being a fucking idiot, Woodie.

I'm confident in the fact that you are.
(November 11, 2014 at 8:35 pm)Heywood Wrote:
(November 11, 2014 at 7:52 pm)Minimalist Wrote: I'm sure dickheads like Woodie will cheer the airlines on.

Hey dummy,

I don't like minimum wages because they hurt real people and not because I want the airlines to make more profit.

Yes, they hurt real RICH people. There's not a CEO/Managing Director on the planet would wouldn't pay his line workers 50c/day if he could get away with it.

Boru

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
Outrageous. Can't have the proles earning a decent wage, you know. Might give them ideas.
Quote:There's not a CEO/Managing Director on the planet would wouldn't pay his line workers 50c/day if he could get away with it.

Woodie thinks that's fine....although I bet he wouldn't work for that.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Two things I want to talk about, politics wise ShinyCrystals 39 2434 September 23, 2023 at 6:39 am
Last Post: no one
  Big Two G2 USA and China Interaktive 19 1299 May 17, 2021 at 1:27 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Two Old Pros - Doing Their Thing Minimalist 8 1045 November 28, 2018 at 3:48 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Two minutes to midnight Jackalope 2 562 January 26, 2018 at 1:18 pm
Last Post: Jackalope
  Sure - But These Two Phony Cunts Were Fine With the Pussygrabber Minimalist 7 1011 July 31, 2017 at 10:25 pm
Last Post: ComradeMeow
  Paul Ryan Wants To Move Back To His Two True Loves. Minimalist 16 2969 July 30, 2017 at 9:54 pm
Last Post: vorlon13
  Bill Maher Discusses The Lesser of Two Evils Minimalist 31 8358 May 8, 2017 at 9:39 pm
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus
  Madonna Steals Two More African Children From Malawi Fred Hampton 67 7116 March 26, 2017 at 6:06 pm
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  Trump summons final two SCOTUS nominees Cecelia 23 3272 February 3, 2017 at 1:22 am
Last Post: vorlon13
  Good News - Bad News Minimalist 3 656 July 5, 2016 at 9:11 pm
Last Post: account_inactive