Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 27, 2024, 3:33 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I actually think the school board got this right
I actually think the school board got this right
Have to give them credit.....keep all god shit out of schools.

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2014/11/schoo...liday-off/

Quote:In response to the Muslim parents’ concerns, the school board voted 7-1 Tuesday to support Superintendent Joshua Starr’s recommendation to stop identifying religious holidays on scheduled days off but simply state schools will be closed on those dates.

The board did not, as Todd Starnes reported for Fox News, “eliminate all religious holidays.”

The school board member who offered the amendment said the measure was “the most equitable option.”
RE: I actually think the school board got this right
It's a small thing, but that only means that it should be super easy just to fix it quickly. Just labeling holdiays as "winter holiday" or something neutral is just easier. The fact that Fux News is flipping out about that is just another demonstration of how far they'll dig into shit to find their "persecution".
In every country and every age, the priest had been hostile to Liberty.
- Thomas Jefferson
I absolutely despise Todd Starnes. He can take any story and wring it like a washcloth to expel all of the truth from it. As soon as I see a link to one of his articles on Facebook, I can know with absolute certainty that I'm about to read something that is entirely false and misconstrued.
Pretty much true for FOX in general.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Right of freedom of religion should not be a human right Macoleco 19 1561 May 26, 2021 at 1:10 am
Last Post: Belacqua
  Rep removed from board of Christian charity Foxaèr 13 1265 August 5, 2020 at 9:34 am
Last Post: Mister Agenda
  Awkward School Religious Experiences? Jade-Green Stone 14 1362 December 8, 2018 at 8:30 am
Last Post: Jade-Green Stone
  School bible circle ShirkahnW 9 1155 November 20, 2018 at 12:49 pm
Last Post: Reltzik
  I Got This Email And Figured It Was From Some Religitard Minimalist 6 1752 May 9, 2018 at 3:13 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Mass shooting in a school? Need God. Mass shooting in a church?.... Chad32 54 11669 November 14, 2017 at 3:15 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  "How God got started", how god belief + basic reason + writing -> modern humans? Whateverist 26 6726 October 15, 2017 at 12:12 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  This really got to me Astonished 54 11043 January 29, 2017 at 4:37 pm
Last Post: The Wise Joker
  Why do you actually believe in God? Veritas_Vincit 162 18339 July 10, 2016 at 6:55 pm
Last Post: LivingNumbers6.626
  Even if you choose not to believe in god, you’re actually believing in god Blueyedlion 160 15599 June 5, 2016 at 6:07 am
Last Post: robvalue