Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 25, 2024, 11:13 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Would you do this sacrifice?
Would you do this sacrifice?
Suppose you were given a choice.

Continue living as a normal person, die, don't come back, and when you die, you enter heaven provided you weren't super evil.

The other choice is that you are given powers and so much knowledge and given ability to live for a very long time (like 30 000 years) and you would be able to solve all the world's problems with your powers and knowledge but the downside to it, is that once you die, you will be tortured for eternity. The torture will be severe as the severest description of hell possible.

Would you live on normally or would you do the sacrifice for the knowledge, powers, and lifespan and solve the world's problems?

Be honest.
RE: Would you do this sacrifice?
The world can go fuck itself.
Your entire premise relies on me believing in magic.
I do not believe in magic.
There is nothing to consider.
Religion is a fairytale.
Nah, I'd decline the offer. The world will get there eventually, or die trying.
I can't remember where this verse is from, I think it got removed from canon:

"I don't hang around with mostly men because I'm gay. It's because men are better than women. Better trained, better equipped...better. Just better! I'm not gay."

For context, this is the previous verse:

"Hi Jesus" -robvalue
If there really was a place where you could be tortured for eternity, the greatest thing for humanity would be to get rid of that place.

I'm not sure anyone would take option B. Is there a point to this? It sounds like you're leading up to saying "well Jesus did it", except he didn't.
Poe's Law: "Without a winking smiley or other blatant display of humor, it is impossible to create a parody of Fundamentalism that SOMEONE won't mistake for the real thing."

10 Christ-like figures that predate Jesus. Link shortened to Chris ate Jesus for some reason...
http://listverse.com/2009/04/13/10-chris...ate-jesus/

Good video to watch, if you want to know how common the Jesus story really is.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=88GTUXvp-50

A list of biblical contradictions from the infallible word of Yahweh.
http://infidels.org/library/modern/jim_m...tions.html

Well...if I live 30 000 years, will I get a huge wang into the bargain?

Boru

[NB: for the humour-impaired, the above is intended to convey that the question in the OP is utterly ridiculous and does not merit a serious answer.]
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
If I was given so much power, why wouldn't I use that power to get rid of the place of eternal torment?
(December 1, 2014 at 8:22 pm)Pablo Wrote: Your entire premise relies on me believing in magic.
I do not believe in magic.
There is nothing to consider.

It's a hypothetical question. These kind of questions don't actually require the subject matter to exist. Though this one is stupid, obvious answer would be the first one. Suffering an eternity for a temporary world would be idiotic.
(December 1, 2014 at 8:12 pm)MysticKnight Wrote: Suppose you were given a choice.

Continue living as a normal person, die, don't come back, and when you die, you enter heaven provided you weren't super evil.

The other choice is that you are given powers and so much knowledge and given ability to live for a very long time (like 30 000 years) and you would be able to solve all the world's problems with your powers and knowledge but the downside to it, is that once you die, you will be tortured for eternity. The torture will be severe as the severest description of hell possible.

Would you live on normally or would you do the sacrifice for the knowledge, powers, and lifespan and solve the world's problems?

Be honest.

what happens in heaven?
(December 1, 2014 at 8:40 pm)Chuck Wrote: what happens in heaven?

Don't get tortured forever seems to be the selling point here. That's been heaven's main selling point for years.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Would you get rid of your sexual desire if you could? Macoleco 78 12175 October 16, 2017 at 12:41 pm
Last Post: brewer
  What would you do if you found out we are all in a sim? ignoramus 46 3587 October 9, 2017 at 8:25 am
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  If God exists but doesn't do anything, how would we know? And would it matter? TaraJo 7 3995 January 26, 2013 at 11:14 am
Last Post: DeistPaladin