Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 27, 2024, 11:48 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Black Christians...
Black Christians...
It doesn't make any sense to worship a god and or deity jesus that pretty much was the reason that your ancestors were enslaved and yet worship both of them like they are good. god and jesus didn't want to change anything and wanted to leave everything like it was even slavery for fact that yes slavery is wrong it took thousands of years and counting to stop modern day slavery and it still happens I.E. sex slaves and human trafficking lot of other stuff. Not to mention the bible is the justification of racism and slavery and well we still have racism because we still have the christian cult and America as well as parts of the rest of world pretty much hates anyone who is dark skinned because of religion and teaching that specific hatred is good.
There is a huge contradiction to be said and well black christians shouldn't love god but hate him instead for what god really is and that is a being who is made up made to look good but just a monster who we should fear yet love.
Atheism is a non-prophet organization join today. 

Code:
<iframe width="100%" height="450" scrolling="no" frameborder="no" src="https://w.soundcloud.com/player/?url=https%3A//api.soundcloud.com/tracks/255506953&amp;auto_play=false&amp;hide_related=false&amp;show_comments=true&amp;show_user=true&amp;show_reposts=false&amp;visual=true"></iframe>
RE: Black Christians...
(December 9, 2014 at 5:20 pm)dyresand Wrote: black christians shouldn't love god but hate him instead for what god really is and that is a being

Bzzt..
In every country and every age, the priest had been hostile to Liberty.
- Thomas Jefferson
As Chris Rock stated, If you are black and Christian, you must have a short memory.
(December 9, 2014 at 5:23 pm)FatAndFaithless Wrote:
(December 9, 2014 at 5:20 pm)dyresand Wrote: black christians shouldn't love god but hate him instead for what god really is and that is a being

Bzzt..

Think about god allowed slavery guess who benefited and guess who got screwed over.
Atheism is a non-prophet organization join today. 

Code:
<iframe width="100%" height="450" scrolling="no" frameborder="no" src="https://w.soundcloud.com/player/?url=https%3A//api.soundcloud.com/tracks/255506953&amp;auto_play=false&amp;hide_related=false&amp;show_comments=true&amp;show_user=true&amp;show_reposts=false&amp;visual=true"></iframe>
Yes...I'm aware...
In every country and every age, the priest had been hostile to Liberty.
- Thomas Jefferson
I agree in principle. However, I do see how the black slaves could see something in the christian mythology and jesus that spoke to them in those times. Think israel in egypt, the sermon of the mount. Maybe they heard it and thought - hey, this message from Jesus, he's not talking to our masters, he's talking to us! I totally can see it.

Just for completeness, I'd like to add that there's a billion black people who were not american slaves. Just sayin.

(December 9, 2014 at 5:24 pm)Sionnach Wrote: As Chris Rock stated, If you are black and Christian, you must have a short memory.

In the US, that would make what, 95% and 4% more muslim (total guess)?
The fool hath said in his heart, There is a God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.
Psalm 14, KJV revised edition

(December 9, 2014 at 5:24 pm)Sionnach Wrote: As Chris Rock stated, If you are black and Christian, you must have a short memory.

You rang?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  "Orange is the New Black" on Atheism ScienceAf 33 3805 September 10, 2016 at 1:05 am
Last Post: ScienceAf
  BLACK CHRISTIANS- [SNIP] AugumentAthiest666 2 981 December 8, 2014 at 6:12 pm
Last Post: abaris
  atheism amongst black Americans DramaQueen 27 3830 August 20, 2014 at 1:29 pm
Last Post: Goosebump
  black people and god xxxtobymac 3 1249 October 31, 2011 at 10:51 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Kanye is the Black Andy Kaufman Rhizomorph13 6 2801 October 3, 2009 at 1:42 am
Last Post: Rhizomorph13
  ‘Out of the Closet’ — Black Atheists leo-rcc 17 8015 June 14, 2009 at 6:27 am
Last Post: LEDO