Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 5, 2024, 8:15 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
black people and god
black people and god
now im not trying to start anything but i know in some xtian scriptures it says something about a black person or one of dark color is better off dead and should be stoned. does anyone know what scriptures that came from
Bill Maher: If you believe that the world is going to come to an end - and perhaps any day now - does it not drain one's motivation to improve life on earth while we're here?
RE: black people and god
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Curse_of_Ham

This is probably what you're talking about.
Comparing the Universal Oneness of All Life to Yo Mama since 2010.

[Image: harmlesskitchen.png]

I was born with the gift of laughter and a sense the world is mad.
(October 30, 2011 at 10:55 pm)xxxtobymac Wrote: now im not trying to start anything but i know in some xtian scriptures it says something about a black person or one of dark color is better off dead and should be stoned. does anyone know what scriptures that came from

It's actually some of the stupider shit in the bible.

Apparently Noah had the power and authority to not only build cargo ships carrying the largest zoo on earth, but also to put curses on entire races of people. Then of course a white man gets a hold of this scripture passage and uses it as a way to justify slavery so he can make a profit.

It's utter stupidity and of course, it is usually ignored by most christians or justified poorly by the apologists.

Honestly, that book has been such a filthy disease on this planet.
[Image: Evolution.png]

Depends on whose beliefs you want to look at, mormons decided to develop that concept beyond the original narrative in their own scriptures.

"White and delight-some" ftw!

I don't have any idea if the same can be said around the globe, but here in the US christianity has a decidely ethnic flavor. The narratives that are emphasized and taken as core to the functional side of belief are largely different for minorities than us palefaces. A prophetic cycle of escapes or deliverance from slavery and oppression have featured heavily in what you might call "predominantly african american services" for some time in the U.S. "Let my people go" isn't Charleton Heston speaking on behalf of the whiteys and their spiritual descendants just as one example.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  If you had to pick between people who pimp prostitutes vs religious people Woah0 22 1979 August 28, 2022 at 5:51 pm
Last Post: Rev. Rye
  why do people still have faith in god even after seeing their land turned into dust? zempo 8 1478 June 20, 2021 at 8:16 am
Last Post: onlinebiker
  Does some people need God? purplepurpose 29 3121 January 17, 2021 at 9:25 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  "Orange is the New Black" on Atheism ScienceAf 33 3927 September 10, 2016 at 1:05 am
Last Post: ScienceAf
  why are people believing in god again?? Rextos 8 2380 January 12, 2016 at 8:01 pm
Last Post: TrueChristian
  Black Christians... dyresand 6 1651 December 9, 2014 at 5:31 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  BLACK CHRISTIANS- [SNIP] AugumentAthiest666 2 983 December 8, 2014 at 6:12 pm
Last Post: abaris
  atheism amongst black Americans DramaQueen 27 3861 August 20, 2014 at 1:29 pm
Last Post: Goosebump
  What The Hell Do People Believe In If They Don't Believe In God? MountainsWinAgain 36 8830 May 30, 2014 at 3:22 am
Last Post: Rampant.A.I.
  Informing people there is no god. tor 160 20201 March 21, 2014 at 1:59 pm
Last Post: fr0d0